Game Week - UConn @ Tulsa (11/03/18 @ 7p ET on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Tulsa (11/03/18 @ 7p ET on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
TV: ESPNU > John Sadek (pxp) and Randy Cross (analyst)

RADIO COVERAGE: UConn IMG Sports Network Mike Crispino (pbp), Wayne Norman (analyst), Adam Giardino (sideline), Bob Joyce (pregame host) 97.9 ESPN Hartford, WINE 940 AM, WGCH 1490 AM, WICC 600 AM, WAVZ 1300 AM, WXLM 980 AM, WATR 1320 AM WILI 1400 AM and 95.3

FM SATELLITE RADIO: Channel 135 (Sirius) 383 (XM) 987 (Internet)

Tulsa Game Notes for UConn (Two Deep starts on pg. 9)

UConn Game Notes for Tulsa (Two Deep on pg 11.)

Reaction Score
Just saw it at 18. Wow, that big of an underdog to a 1-7 team. And that is to a team that in 7 loses to FBS teams (only win against FCS team) averaged LESS THAN 18 points a game and the most they scored in a game was 26 points.

Put that in your thinking cap, dog by 18 to a team that doesn't even average 18 points a game in FBS play!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'll be watching the Alabama vs. LSU instead of UConn. I will DVR it and watch it later, but I need to watch some good college football for a weekend. Sorry this is because of Edsall's conservative damn gameplan and never changing it.

Reaction Score
For those who like to read the call rather than listen to the call (... and learn about the MiLB) ;) :

Reaction Score
Gonna be tough w/ Twitter links not showing but...

Weekly Press Conference notes (these are chronological - ignore Twitter time stamps - its a cut&paste BY edit issue):

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 3 minutes ago
Brandon Bisack, Sreve Krajewski worked behind starting QB at #UConn's practice today. Marvin Washington was working with scout team

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 7 seconds ago
Randy Edsall wants to build a program. "Right now we just have a team."

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 26 seconds ago
Edsall is more concerned about his team than the opponent at this stage. "My whole focus is developing the program here. "

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 39 seconds ago
Edsall: "People don't want to hear it but I could care about winning and losing right now. If you don't have a culture, you're not going to win."

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 57 seconds ago
#UConn coach Randy Edsall: "There are strides but you don't see it with wins and losses."

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 38 seconds ago
Edsall says QB Marvin Washington won't travel again. "He can't be accountable for the things he's supposed to do."

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman 1 minute ago
UConn back-up quarterback Marvin Washington practiced with the scout team today and won't make the trip to Tulsa, Randy Edsall says. Edsall didn't offer specifics but said Washington has to learn to be accountable.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 13 seconds ago
Edsall: “I want to win as much as anybody but we’re not ready to win yet.”

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 3 minutes ago
"This is probably a 5-year process." #UConn coach Randy Edsall

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 3 minutes ago
Edsall: "I made a decision to play all these young kids that weren't ready to play. But they were the best guys.”

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 2 minutes ago
Edsall rolling today: "Everybody wants to put it in the microwave and hit 5 seconds. It's not like that. If people don't like it, tough ."

Reaction Score
Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman
Randy Edsall doesn't like that teams are forced to play multiple 7 p.m. games on the road, resulting in players getting back home in at 3:30 in the morning. "You talk about student-athlete welfare? ... And then people talk about kids shouldn't get money? Shoot."

Daily Campus Sports @dcsportsdept
Conversation turns to paying student athletes now. Mentions the early flight home. “You wanna talk about about taking advantage of kids.”

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 3 minutes ago
Unexpectedly interesting morning wraps up.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Because he was probably available after weekly press conference today?
Fair enough, I just thought it seemed kind of odd, that of all players, he was one to be interviewed.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 15 minutes ago
Regarding Edsall's mini-rant today, found this interesting from DT Caleb Thomas: ""He's right. I know what he's trying to say. He's here to develop young men, he's not here to develop football players.

"That's what makes coach Edsall different. He cares about us on and off the field. He wants you to be great football players, great students and great human beings, so I see what he's saying."

"That's what makes coach Edsall different. He cares about us on and off the field. He wants you to be great football players, great students and great human beings, so I see what he's saying."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ESPN has us as one their bottom 10 games. Any publicity is good publicity, I guess.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
024.png

A whole two people watching the coaches show.

Reaction Score
Fuller on today: Despite mounting losses, Randy Edsall confident he can restore Huskies’ winning ways

>>“I want to win just as much as anybody but we’re not ready to win yet,” Edsall said. “We have a lot of youth that don’t know how to win, don’t know how to pay the price yet because they haven’t been here, and I’m not criticizing but they don’t know. They’ll know, they’ll figure it out, they are figuring it out and we’ll get there but everybody wants to sprinkle the fairy dust, wants to put in the microwave for five seconds and think everything’s good. That isn’t what it’s all about in my book and if people don’t like it, tough (expletive).

“This is probably a five-year process. I’m not cry-babying or anything like that, complaining, I’m just saying this is the truth. I love these kids to death and they’re working their tails off. I have to make decisions based on what can help us be the best we can, and sometimes those decisions are tough decision to make but hey, I’m a leader and I have to make them. Some are good and some don’t turn out as well. I made a decision to play all of these young kids that weren’t ready to play but they were the best guys in my decision and in my coaching staff’s opinion.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom