Game Week - UConn @ Syracuse (Saturday 9/22/18 @ 4p on ESPNews) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ Syracuse (Saturday 9/22/18 @ 4p on ESPNews)

Reaction Score
This is a scary pdf file. The roster has the heights and weights we aspire too. Moreover, almost the entire 2 deep is juniors, seniors and redshirt seniors. And look at that chart with # of starts for each player, wow. Syracuse has a roster that is peaking.
Precisely. I saw the same thing.
This will be a very tough matchup in a boiling hot dome against a fast paced offense.
I surmise they’ll practice indoors this week and crank the heat up to get the kids acclimated. At least I hope they do

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is a scary pdf file. The roster has the heights and weights we aspire too. Moreover, almost the entire 2 deep is juniors, seniors and redshirt seniors. And look at that chart with # of starts for each player, wow. Syracuse has a roster that is peaking.
We are going to throw freshmen at this roster and then blame the coaching. Can’t wait.

Reaction Score
Weekly Press Conference:

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 1m 1 minute ago
Neither Tahj Herring-WIlson nor Marshe Terry practiced today and then Tyler Coyle went down late in practice #uconn

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 21s2 1 seconds ago
Edsall says he's not getting into injuries today. Tyler Coyle went down at the end of practice, adding to the injured list with Tahj Herring-Wilson and Marshe Terry also hurt. They didn't practice today.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 26s27 seconds ago
Randy Edsall hopes Huskies will be better prepared for crowd noise than a few weeks ago at Boise State. Had several false starts in that game

Daniel Connolly‏ @DanielVConnolly 18s 19 seconds ago
Edsall on Kevin Mensah: "Kevin's backed up all the things he's done...He's starting to get more comfortable with reading his blocks and making his cuts and seeing the defense in front of him."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 13s1 3 seconds ago
UConn coach Randy Edsall on S Oneil Robinson: “I need him to grow up sooner.”

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 33s 34 seconds ago
Edsall on freshman Oneil Robinson who had an interception vs. URI: “I saw a guy that’s a freshman. A guy that is nowhere near where he needs to be.”

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 19s 20 seconds ago
Edsall says he's not trying to be critical of frosh DB Oneil Robinson but "I need him to grow up sooner. ... I like him in terms of what he's done but let's not anoint him yet."

Daniel Connolly‏ @DanielVConnolly 7s 8 seconds ago
Edsall: "Terrance Ganyi is not going to play anyone. He was in a difficult situation...coming in when he did. It's just better for him that he doesn't have to worry about football."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 41s42 seconds ago
Edsall says DB Terrence Ganyi among those true freshmen who will redshirt and not play past game No. 4.

Daniel Connolly‏ @DanielVConnolly 33s 34 seconds ago
Edsall: "There might be some freshman that academically, it might be best for them not to play."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 1m 1 minute ago
Edsall: "It'll probably be the last time I'll coaching the Carrier Dome. I have nothing but great memories about Syracuse."

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 30s 31 seconds ago
"I have nothing but great memories," #UConn coach Randy Edsall said on returning to Syracuse

Daniel Connolly‏ @DanielVConnolly 57s 58 seconds ago
Edsall on Eli Thomas: "How many of us would have three knee surgeries and still want to play?"

Daniel Connolly‏ @DanielVConnolly 13s 13 seconds ago
Edsall says James Atkins is a completely different person than he was last season.

Daniel Connolly‏ @DanielVConnolly 15s 15 seconds ago
Edsall on the tight end usage: "I think that's the philosophy of John Dunn. I think if you have tight ends on the field, you might as well use them."

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 30s 31 seconds ago
Edsall: "If you have tight ends on the field, you might as well use them." Eureka.

Daniel Connolly‏ @DanielVConnolly 21s 21 seconds ago
Edsall says he expects the defense to improve with so many young players. "They're not ready, but that's the situation that we're in. They've had 25 practices."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 36s 37 seconds ago
Edsall on his young defense: “These kids are trying but they’re not ready. But that’s the situation we’re in.”

Lotsa talk about losing gap integrity due to inexperience in the college game... uses Kevon Jones as example. He could make all the plays @ East Hartford - here sometimes he just needs to realize to stay home and keep gap integrity.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 11s 12 seconds ago
Edsall on the “hit” TE Zordan Holman gave a URI player on the sideline Saturday: “I saw something happen. … We talked about it. … I love having that kid around.”

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Seems low. If i were a betting man, I'd hammer our opponents beating the spread until we can prove otherwise
Yeah 27.5 seems pretty low. They beat FSU by 23 last weekend.

Reaction Score
No - two of the weeks it read Tarbutt, Harris OR Iden. Iden jumped over the other two this week.
Interesting. I thought Tarbutt has been consistently good this year. Iden must be booming them in practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom