Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Army West Point Black Knights (Saturday 11/19/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. Army West Point Black Knights (Saturday 11/19/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Army physically beat the bejeebers out of us last season. Had they been so inclined they could have hung 70-80 on us. I will be very interested to see how we hold up physically, especially on defense.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Army physically beat the bejeebers out of us last season. Had they been so inclined they could have hung 70-80 on us. I will be very interested to see how we hold up physically, especially on defense.
Nothing has changed in 14 months?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It's not Vegas that knows nothing. Those Vegas odds are only responding to the bettors around
the USA...and tons of them are betting on Army...Vegas with that huge margin is just encouraging folks
to bet on UConn.

Reaction Score
This loss today depressed the heck out of me for a sec. Glad I stopped watching at the start of the 4th quarter....

I think/hope we learned from this loss.... last week's win doesn't count this week. Penalties (false starts in particular), penalties, penalties, penalties, penalties....can't win like that against a team like Army... hard to beat anybody like that for that matter.... we're still only in year one under the new coaching regime... got a little spoiled this season, after a decade of less than mediocre play...all in all this season actually felt good...it was more than hopeful, wishful thinking....way more...

Now, hopefully, we get one more game as a reward before we go full bore into recruiting season...

Reaction Score
Sorry guys this is all my fault. I tuned into a UConn football game for the first time in a few years. My bad y’all.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Some of the calls were unreal.

There was considerably more contact on the pass to Clercius than the PI call late in the first half and the block in the back that killed a long gain ticked me off as Army did that a few times earlier.

Five false starts in the first quarter really hurt us but I never saw that called while the defense was still five plus yards in the offensive backfield, trying to get in position (two Army linemen in fact) and beyond that, two other false starts were called (Q-1) before our line was set. While that may be the rule, it normally isn't called until after the offense gets set.

Regardless, we had our chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22