Game Week 2022 - UConn @ FIU Panthers (Saturday 10/8/22 @ 7p on ESPN3) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ FIU Panthers (Saturday 10/8/22 @ 7p on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
No one associated with UConn can think like that. Not the staff, fans, or players. Better to put those thoughts out of mind until after next season.
I am sure this was tongue in cheek comment by Dan O. Certainly, nothing the team should ever consider. But fun for a fan like me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Anyone coming to Florida should know the weather is glorious here. As awful and destructive as Hurricane Ian was, it blew away the worst of the heat and humidity. Temps have been low 80’s with low humidity.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you scroll down in this article, there's a picture of the O line in FIU's locker room. Take a look at that locker room...unbelievable that it's an FBS program. My small time high school had a nicer locker room than FIU. It legit looks like a jail.
Their old coach said they (FIU) were sabotaging the program. When he came he had to acquire 5 year old pads from Miss St because the ones they had were over a decade old and useless, they had no budget for going on the road to recruit, their uniforms were 9 years old, all sorts of crazy things.

If the below pic is the FIU lockeroom I can only imagine what they have for the visiting team.

1665179699636.png

Reaction Score
Love <3 the retro husky

Yup, me too. The fearsome Jonathan just looked like such a fake, especially when UConn was in their 15th in a row one win season. Yeah, it might have been less than 15, but it sure felt like 15.

Reaction Score
If the below pic is the FIU lockeroom I can only imagine what they have for the visiting team.
they're wearing white uniforms so it's on the road. They wore this uniform combo for Texas State and New Mexico State.

Reaction Score
If you scroll down in this article, there's a picture of the O line in FIU's locker room. Take a look at that locker room...unbelievable that it's an FBS program. My small time high school had a nicer locker room than FIU. It legit looks like a jail.
All those photos were taken at New Mexico State. See first photo of press box.

Reaction Score
Anyone coming to Florida should know the weather is glorious here. As awful and destructive as Hurricane Ian was, it blew away the worst of the heat and humidity. Temps have been low 80’s with low humidity.
Very humid today with showers. Hopefully it doesn’t rain during the game

Reaction Score
Sounds awesome, especially for Husky fans in S. FL. I'd personally like to see more games scheduled in the TX, OK, AR, LA area, mainly because of where I live now. The Huskies travel to Rice in Houston next year which is good, but there's no history there. What about an OK, Baylor or a SMU/Lashlee rematch sometime in the near future, too? I know I'm probably speaking to a select few on the BY, but I think any of those could be the beginning a good rivalry game, and in fertile recruiting areas and with less travel than further west.
I think it's going to be tougher to get players out of Texas and that region now that OK and UT are joining the SEC. Plus, we have much less history successfully recruiting there compared to South Florida. If ZT becomes a great player while UConn grows as a program we could see continued success there.
I'd like to see us do more recruiting in SC based on how well the players from there are doing (Gourdine, Watts, et al).

Reaction Score
Marion hasn’t been cleared to play:
Interesting to see JM chase Marion off the field at the end of the Fresno State game when Marion seemed to be coming out to meet and greet players from Fresno just like the rest of the team was doing.

Reaction Score
FIU doesn't have to go on the road to recruit.
How's that been working out?
Well it WAS great weather all week but now it's looking like rain for the 2nd half. Rain ponchos in tow but realistically I might prefer a rain soak than sweating under a poncho. No worries we got this. Florida.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see JM chase Marion off the field at the end of the Fresno State game when Marion seemed to be coming out to meet and greet players from Fresno just like the rest of the team was doing.
I saw that also. I don't think Marion was going over there with best intentions. He's got a lot of fire in him!

Reaction Score
I think it's going to be tougher to get players out of Texas and that region now that OK and UT are joining the SEC. Plus, we have much less history successfully recruiting there compared to South Florida.

Diaco wasn't right about much. But he was correct that a key to national recruiting for UConn was what cities fly non-stop to Bradley. We can get players from Texas. And we have over the years, not a lot but there is usually a Texas guy on the roster. Just about the entire state of Florida has non-stops. Atlanta non-stops help our recruiting in Georgia. South Carolina is tougher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom