Game Week 2022 - UConn @ FIU Panthers (Saturday 10/8/22 @ 7p on ESPN3) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ FIU Panthers (Saturday 10/8/22 @ 7p on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
This is incredibly true. The stadium was basically empty, but it has been years since I've seen as many folks standing up on defensive third and fourth downs as we saw in the second half on Saturday,.

Agreed. Announced attendance was 20,952 but it looked more empty than that (No doubt the earlier forecast of rain kept some people away). Nevertheless, the people that were there were great! Lots to cheer about as UConn stayed in striking distance the whole game.

Reaction Score
Wondering why Justin Joly isn't listed on the depth chart either this week or even last week?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
2 things: the released depth chart means nothing. Also, an FIU defensive end is named Passmore - wonder if he is related to our Passmore?

Reaction Score

-> Saturday's game will mark the first-ever meeting between the Panthers and Huskies in the sport of football. The teams are also scheduled to meet in 2023 in East Hartford, Conn., with additional games slated for the 2025 (UConn) and 2027 (FIU) seasons. <-

-> UConn long snapper Tommy Zozus might ring a bell for Panther fans as the Punta Gorda, Fla., native held the same role for FIU in 2021 before heading to Storrs for his final collegiate season.

Overall, Zozus appeared in 31 total games as a long snapper as a Panther. He was named as a Conference USA Honorable Mention selection in 2018 and 2020 and selected to the Phil Steele All-Conference USA Third Team as a junior. <-

Reaction Score
2 things: the released depth chart means nothing. Also, an FIU defensive end is named Passmore - wonder if he is related to our Passmore?
Possibly. UConn’s Passmore played at Cocoa High which is only three hours from FIU.

Reaction Score
Here's hoping we're not drinking any of this Kool-aid and remain focused on improving each and every remaining game...no falling for the okee doke

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> “We want to make football important to this state,” Mora said. “That's on our agenda.”

That takes winning — occasionally, at least. Mora mentioned UConn having had, in his eyes, maybe just one bad practice in the spring, one in camp, one during the season.

“I don’t know I've been able to say that in the past about teams I’ve been with,” he said. “There's an intensity every day that as a coach you go, ‘I see it.’ Maybe not everyone sees it, but I see it. But, coming back and winning a game like that, it does wonders. It confirms everything for you and confirms it, more importantly, for the players that, hey, if we just keep doing what we're doing, do it better, do it more consistently, have this kind of mindset, practice the way we're practicing, preparing the way we're preparing, we can get this done. It goes from hope to belief.” <-

Reaction Score

So refreshing to hear Sokoya's comment about how the players can honestly speak with each other about where they need to improve as individuals. Shows a great deal of trust in what the coaches have tried to instill.

Reaction Score
It is a real testament to Mora and his staff that these kids stayed together after that brutal stretch of games coupled with all the injuries. It would have been very easy for that locker room to turn sour. I find that, more than anything, very encouraging. If they compete at that level through the next six games I'll readily accept whatever W and Ls come our way. From there it is perfectly reasonable to assume dramatic improvement for next season given the injuries we've had to endure this season.

Reaction Score
Wait, Marion is back practicing?!?! Another step back from the ledge.
This is obviously huge news, I am curious as well if we may see Nate Carter back too before the end of the year, originally it was thought we would but then it changed, maybe Mora just wanted the team to move forward and not "wait" on him coming back. That is an injury that typically isn't a season ender when it occurs early enough in the year. What a shot in the arm that would be to get those two back down the stretch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom