Game Week 2022 - UConn at #4 Michigan (9/17/22 @ Noon on ABC/ESPN3) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn at #4 Michigan (9/17/22 @ Noon on ABC/ESPN3)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Look ahead to UConn...with no mention of UConn. lol
Sounds like the very definition of a trap game. Overlook us at your peril Harbaugh!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We got nothing to lose in this game…I hope the young qb lets it fly…we are excepted to get clobbered so let him wing it… I like this kid I think him and Rosa are the future of this team

I actually agree with this. Let him make every bad decision under the sun and see if he learns from it against NC State.

The safe play would be to just run the ball to keep the score as close as possible. That's a mistake. Losing 35 -6 doesn't help the program. If we can learn to better throw the ball, losing 70-6 is better long term outcome. Assuming he can protect himself.

Reaction Score
I actually agree with this. Let him make every bad decision under the sun and see if he learns from it against NC State.

The safe play would be to just run the ball to keep the score as close as possible. That's a mistake. Losing 35 -6 doesn't help the program. If we can learn to better throw the ball, losing 70-6 is better long term outcome. Assuming he can protect himself.
You're never going to stop the pressure until you burn them a couple of times for bringing it. After 3 games the coaches have to figure out a way to make that happen. Not sure if that means tossing to Rosa for a RPO or throwing to the TE's but the coaches can't just do what Michigan has seen us do so far. And since it didn't work so great we need to add a few wrinkles and (broken record) be more balanced.

Reaction Score
If it was, it is pretty shocking that we went from that environment to him being fired in two weeks but I think you may be right,
They were so flat against Buffalo, like they didn't show up.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is anyone else secretly dreading watching this game this weekend? Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to do it, but I look forward to returning to the days when watching UConn football wouldn’t feel like a chore.
I find games like this are easier to watch in person because there’s so much other stuff going on. I’m expecting a loss but hoping for a good showing, maybe make Michigan work hard for a win.

I just hope the refs reviewed the rules on PIs.

Reaction Score

-> Starting linebacker Nikhai Hill-Green, offensive lineman Karsen Barnhart, and running back Donovan Edwards all are dealing with injuries entering the weekend. According to Aaron McMann of Mlive.com, Edwards is doubtful to play while both Hill-Green and Barnhart are expected to be game-time decisions. <-

Reaction Score
Is anyone else secretly dreading watching this game this weekend? Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to do it, but I look forward to returning to the days when watching UConn football wouldn’t feel like a chore.

We've already been to hell & back so many times I'm not sure another atomic wedgie from the opposition is going to move the needle any lower to the national perception of UConn football, especially at the hands of a top 5 program that's part of college football royalty. Nothing to lose here (except for more injuries). May as well play hard every play and take some chances when it's needed.

Reaction Score
We've already been to hell & back so many times I'm not sure another atomic wedgie from the opposition is going to move the needle any lower to the national perception of UConn football, especially at the hands of a top 5 program that's part of college football royalty. Nothing to lose here (except for more injuries). May as well play hard every play and take some chances when it's needed.
Play like it’s the last game of the year. Nobody ever won a thing playing it safe. Lose big trying, instead of losing it safely.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This isn’t going to be close fellas. I’m a Michigan football fan (almost as much as a UConn basketball fan) and this team doesn’t play down to opponents. If we don’t cover it’s because we pulled our starters like we did last week against Hawaii.

I will say that your defense will probably look good when JJ comes out and Cade plays as Cade has been struggling tremendously. But JJ may be a Heisman candidate. The defense is super hungry and may be even better than last year. Don’t mind Jim either as with certain games he motivated guys by challenging them to simply play hard to get better. Almost every spot outside of QB and OL at this point has a competition going on so the players stay motivated to play well. Good luck tomorrow, I hope for no more injuries and I’m looking forward to seeing what Mora does with the program in a few years.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree, I’m just not looking forward to the parade of big downs that started with Syracuse.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Agreed. We've already hit rock bottom as a program. I think if we take no plays off and play hard and smart for four quarters, we will gain some needed respect. The most important people we can impress are not the critics or pundits, but potential recruits/transfers who might consider coming into the program based on what they see as good coaching and a collective maximum effort. That said, the ultimate objective must be to win, and to give our very best, regardless of what the scoreboard looks like.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agreed. We've already hit rock bottom as a program. I think if we take no plays off and play hard and smart for four quarters, we will gain some needed respect. The most important people we can impress are not the critics or pundits, but potential recruits/transfers who might consider coming into the program based on what they see as good coaching and a collective maximum effort. That said, the ultimate objective must be to win, and to give our very best, regardless of what the scoreboard looks like.

Always amusing when non-addicts try to define and understand what "rock bottom" should be for an addict.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Always amusing when non-addicts try to define and understand what "rock bottom" should be for an addict.

I don't know what's amusing about what I said. Are you suggesting the program has further to fall? I'm not using the term "rock bottom" in the context you suggest. It's interesting you commented on that one line but had nothing to say on what I wrote following, which was more substantive.

Reaction Score

I thought we were are the rebound, but I also thought Rock Bottom was being handled by and losing to The College of the Holy Cross and UMass. If there is a lower bottom than that in FBS I’m going to start rooting for a basketball school with excellent upside for Hockey, Baseball, etc. ;)

I'm sure the guys have been told, give the effort on every play to win your individual battles and let’s see what happens. They do that, no one gets hurt, then it’s a good day on the road back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom