Game to watch today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game to watch today

Reaction Score
Those Big 5 teams exposed Nova by playing zone against them. Nova has since adapted and the zone doesn't bother them as much. It's better to have your weaknesses exposed during the regular season than to find out in the post season. I remember an interview with Hurley where he said Xavier exposed a weakness in our offense that put us in the January swoon. The offense was adjusted and the rest is history.
You nailed it about how those Big 5 teams used the zone and how it gave Nova so much trouble. It helped Nova learn their weakness and handle the zone. However Nova paid a big cost for this learning experience with 3 losses to very subpar Philly teams which could keep them out of the NCAAT. It would have been better if they learned this weakness with 3 ugly wins

Reaction Score
You beat me to it. It's a damn shame they lost all 3 of their Big 5 games. How that happened I will never understand.

Lots of different people watch the game again. And those same people/persons were guarding him in the 2nd half when he made a lot less. You can check. Who was guarding everyone else as well not sure you noticed but Miller and others didn’t miss too many in the first half against us either. But heck Cam is the reason they all got hot I’m sure according to the Deac.

Reaction Score
I have the freedom to express the fact opinion that taking a week off down the stretch sucks. But I'm a fan, go figure. Why complain about my dissatisfaction? Just read the post and move along.
O.K. fair enough.

Just curious, when would you rather have the 1 week breaks? They need to get 2 of them with the 20 game conference schedule and 11 conference teams. Or are you advocating for an even number of conference teams?

Last year between the Big East Tournament and the NCAA Tournament they had exactly a 1 week break, so 1 day less than this break. Maybe that's why they came out flat against Iona. Who knows? But that lasted only 1 half and then they rolled from there.

Reaction Score
Lots of different people watch the game again. And those same people/persons were guarding him in the 2nd half when he made a lot less. You can check. Who was guarding everyone else as well not sure you noticed but Miller and others didn’t miss too many in the first half against us either. But heck Cam is the reason they all got hot I’m sure according to the Deac.
Of course ultimately different people guarded Ashworth, but he got going against Spencer. Hurley admitted afterwards that he was embarrassed by our defense and said that Cam was personally embarrassed & pissed. There's no reason for you to defend him other than wanting to be right.

In the attached highlight video, Spencer is the primary defender on Ashworth's first 4 shots. After that, yes Hurley switched CAM off him b/c Cam was getting lit up. Too late as he let a streaky shooter get going. Cam died on screens and was 10' plus away from him on a couple of shots. Even the 24' shot where Karaban backed off Ashworth, Cam backed away from his own man (cuz he was 10+ feet away yet again) first & at minimum should have pointed to Alex to cover. Spencer was bad that game, hopefully has learned from it. Its ok, he is still a great offensive player, good team defender* and improving in all facets.

*again things said usually by older Caucasians & only about caucasian student athletes. Here is where UConn loses the lead for good.
Worse D.JPG

Reaction Score
Of course ultimately different people guarded Ashworth, but he got going against Spencer. Hurley admitted afterwards that he was embarrassed by our defense and said that Cam was personally embarrassed & pissed. There's no reason for you to defend him other than wanting to be right.

In the attached highlight video, Spencer is the primary defender on Ashworth's first 4 shots. After that, yes Hurley switched CAM off him b/c Cam was getting lit up. Too late as he let a streaky shooter get going. Cam died on screens and was 10' plus away from him on a couple of shots. Even the 24' shot where Karaban backed off Ashworth, Cam backed away from his own man (cuz he was 10+ feet away yet again) first & at minimum should have pointed to Alex to cover. Spencer was bad that game, hopefully has learned from it. Its ok, he is still a great offensive player, good team defender* and improving in all facets.

*again things said usually by older Caucasians & only about caucasian student athletes. Here is where UConn loses the lead for good.
View attachment 97185

Do me a favor grab some highlights of his assists and jump shots when you get a chance. You hammer on the kid like he’s not a good player or a key to our season. Schmuck type stuff but if that’s what you set out to do then congrats. Maybe tonight you can grab some highlights of how Davis was torching Alex today too. Lol pitiful

Reaction Score
Cuse now a 20 win team and 4th in conference standings
I ran through their entire schedule; they're only win of substance is UNC at home. Absolutely nuts that teams like this are gonna likely get in the tournament

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I ran through their entire schedule; they're only win of substance is UNC at home. Absolutely nuts that teams like this are gonna likely get in the tournament
I would pay heavily for the opportunity to cross paths with them if they do land in the tournament.

I also view their record and place in the ACC standings as further evidence to how truly horrible that conference is this year.

Reaction Score
O.K. fair enough.

Just curious, when would you rather have the 1 week breaks? They need to get 2 of them with the 20 game conference schedule and 11 conference teams. Or are you advocating for an even number of conference teams?

Last year between the Big East Tournament and the NCAA Tournament they had exactly a 1 week break, so 1 day less than this break. Maybe that's why they came out flat against Iona. Who knows? But that lasted only 1 half and then they rolled from there.
Just as I had predicted. The week off came at a perfect time for the Huskies and today's mojo will carry over to Wednesday night's game!

Reaction Score
Cuse only getting into big dance if they win the ACC tourney.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If Memphis somehow sneaks in bet the farm against them.

Reaction Score
Do me a favor grab some highlights of his assists and jump shots when you get a chance. You hammer on the kid like he’s not a good player or a key to our season. Schmuck type stuff but if that’s what you set out to do then congrats. Maybe tonight you can grab some highlights of how Davis was torching Alex today too. Lol pitiful
You’re replying to a post where I wrote he is a great player?!
He’s really smart too, I thought today against seton hall Cam had a great game (box score doesn’t tell story) doing an amazing job facilitating and moving with and without the ball to make UConn’s offense click.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom