Game to watch today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game to watch today

Reaction Score
If Nova didn't tank the Big5 series they would already be safely in the tourney
Those Big 5 teams exposed Nova by playing zone against them. Nova has since adapted and the zone doesn't bother them as much. It's better to have your weaknesses exposed during the regular season than to find out in the post season. I remember an interview with Hurley where he said Xavier exposed a weakness in our offense that put us in the January swoon. The offense was adjusted and the rest is history.

Reaction Score
Not great from Creighton. Hit 8 3s against a team missing their best 2 players including Big East PotY PG and only up 2 at half. All this at home on a Saturday. Yikes

Reaction Score
Wow! It looked like Creighton was going to have a 10 pt. lead at half, but did nothing late and lead is only 2. I would've been comfortable with a 10 pt. lead.

Reaction Score
Kentucky digging in on D again today….that juggernaut Arkansas has 86 w 8 minutes to go. They aren’t going anywhere in March w that trash.

Reaction Score
Not great from Creighton. Hit 8 3s against a team missing their best 2 players including Big East PotY PG and only up 2 at half. All this at home on a Saturday. Yikes
Is there some way the Marquette players can be made to wear UConn uniforms for the second half? Creighton plays lights out against those jerseys, like a bull seeing a matador's cape. All of that hustle they had against UConn two weeks ago is missing today.

Reaction Score
Is Ashworth even dressed for this game? lol I mean we saw his absolute best half of his career last time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't you think CBS wanted the game to be tomorrow? It's in their prime Sunday slot with their top broadcast crew calling the game.
Do you think Connecticut Seton Hall was considered a key matchup prior to the start of the season when the schedule was determined?

Reaction Score
I think 0 points if I read the stats correctly.

Shaka is guarding him with taller people I’ve seen Ross, Mitchell and Joplin guarding him he’s doing little to nothing on offense.

Reaction Score
Marquette is missing two key players. Plus neither team is going very deep into their bench.

Reaction Score
Why? Too early? They have NFL games on Sundays at 1:00.

Btw, the schedule is what it is. Why complain? Just play the darn games and don't complain. I'm not a big fan about Hurley complaining about the schedule either.
I have the freedom to express the fact that taking a week off down the stretch sucks. But I'm a fan, go figure. Why complain about my dissatisfaction? Just read the post and move along.

Sunday at noon is both too early and Sunday. Awful time slot. Sundays are for the game where they pay.....to play. Yes, the NFL and NBA. Although that phrase isn't completely accurate anymore.

Reaction Score
Keep an eye on that line. It was -5.5 when I checked last night and is holding steady, so I'd imagine Vegas thinks he's probably going to play.

EDIT: Should've specified that's Creighton -5.5.
I saw he was doubtful and took Creighton -5.5. Then the line went back DOWN to -4.5 and I took it again lol. It got up to 6.5 before the game, but that was still easy money.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Creighton made it hard going cold from 3 but the magic # goes to 1. We can wrap up the title and tourney top seed with a win tomorrow.

Reaction Score
If Nova didn't tank the Big5 series they would already be safely in the tourney
You beat me to it. It's a damn shame they lost all 3 of their Big 5 games. How that happened I will never understand.

Reaction Score
One of the strangest resumes out there
They are so Jekyl and Hyde. This Nova team got blown out by St John's.... twice. And they lost all their Big 5 games. Look at the records of those Philly teams they played, they are not good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn home win over Nova could be a Quad 1 win now.....Nova is at 32 in NET prior to this Prov road win so should move into to top 30.
This will help Slick Rick and St John's to make the NCAAT since they blew out Nova twice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom