Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cochran should be the starting QB from this point forward, and when it is first and goal, can we please put DeLorenzo in as running back. (disclaimer I am from Berlin, CT)

Reaction Score
Cochran should be the starting QB from this point forward, and when it is first and goal, can we please put DeLorenzo in as running back. (disclaimer I am from Berlin, CT)

No disclaimer needed.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Good lord secondary just knock it down!!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Offense actually has hope next year, though there is still a LONG way to go and Rutgers sucks. Maybe next year won't be that brutal.

Reaction Score
Offense actually has hope next year, though there is still a LONG way to go and Rutgers sucks. Maybe next year won't be that brutal.

Problem is we lose Davis. He is very good.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Quick bullets, just happy to win.
- Casey looked much more comfortable
- Oline actually acquitted itself nicely
- Looked like a D1 offense for the first time this season
- Not ready to annoint CC, because it's one game against perennially underachieving Rutgers
- Our WR are the best position group on the team, and it's not close. Kudos to TJ.
- Like Max a lot at RB, but don't see him as a 20-25 carry guy, but if the passing game improves he will keep teams honest.
- TJ will not be our coach and the last TD drive with 1st and 4 to score, he kept Lyle out there for three downs and I don't want any coach who thinks that was even an option. Lemelle bailed him out, big time.
- Out secondary is horrible, cut down by injuries sure, but horrible. Meli needs a better head and Clark was beaten like a rented mule.
- Our DT's are our second best position group.
- Willman has improved as a pass rusher this year

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
upstater said:
Problem is we lose Davis. He is very good.
he is rs jr no? Think he goes pro?

Reaction Score
Quick bullets, just happy to win.
- Casey looked much more comfortable
- Oline actually acquitted itself nicely
- Looked like a D1 offense for the first time this season
- Not ready to annoint CC, because it's one game against perennially underachieving Rutgers
- Our WR are the best position group on the team, and it's not close. Kudos to TJ.
- Like Max a lot at RB, but don't see him as a 20-25 carry guy, but if the passing game improves he will keep teams honest.
- TJ will not be our coach and the last TD drive with 1st and 4 to score, he kept Lyle out there for three downs and I don't want any coach who thinks that was even an option. Lemelle bailed him out, big time.
- Out secondary is horrible, cut down by injuries sure, but horrible. Meli needs a better head and Clark was beaten like a rented mule.
- Our DT's are our second best position group.
- Willman has improved as a pass rusher this year

Our D was some of the best when RE was here, but I think PP ignored it. I think, if we get some good coaches, we might win the AAC next year. Of course, that would not be that hard...since the AAC sucks...

Reaction Score
Go UCONN. Great win, the defense showed up and the Offensive line was as good as it can be. Cochran can throw.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
O line had their best game of the year by far. Rutgers had two WR playing DB so while CC had a very good day it was against one of the worst passing defence teams in the country.

Reaction Score
Slowly but surely, the stain of the PP and GDL era is going away. They taught a winning program how to lose and often how to lose big. I am not advocating TJ Weist, since we don't know the coaches who are interested, but taking a comatose 0-9 team two 2 consecutive wins is remarkable.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Secondary play relies on what's between the earholes. They may or may not get it, but it's clear a new coach wouldn't hurt.

Reaction Score
It was against one of the worst passing defenses in the country, but I doubt that Whitmer or Boyle could have done better. Cochran seems to improve every game. He sees the field better and gets rid of the ball faster. The OLine seems to be reponding. It gets a lot easier for the OLine, when the QB can make quick decisions, and not throw to the opposing team when under pressure. That throw by Cochran when he threw the ball away when no one was open show
O line had their best game of the year by far. Rutgers had two WR playing DB so while CC had a very good day it was against one of the worst passing defence teams in the country.

Agreed, it was against one of the worst passing defenses in the country, but I doubt that Whitmer or Boyle could have done better. Cochran seems to improve every game. He sees the field better and gets rid of the ball faster. The OLine seems to be reponding. It gets a lot easier for the OLine, when the QB can make quick decisions, and not throw to the opposing team when under pressure. That throw by Cochran when he threw the ball away when no one was open showed he can thing quickly.

Reaction Score
Sorry, instead of 'That throw by Cochran when he threw the ball away when no one was open showed he can thing quickly',
I meant 'think quickly'. It was the beer talking

Reaction Score
It was against one of the worst pass defenses, but Cochran threw more accurately than I have seen a quarterback throw at UCONN for years. He made good quick decisions and was able to step up in the pocket. There was an awful lot to to like, even though he was playing against a weak pass defense. If he plays well against Memphis I think he should start next year.

Reaction Score

While Rutgers has the 2nd worst defense in the country, I like the fact that CC was on the money all day. He has got it going on.

Kuddos to the WR's as well....they caught 'em if they could touch 'em.

Reaction Score
It's surprising to see a UConn QB complete multiple passes for over 10 yards in a game. I like it, it's just been a while since we've seen it.
Amazing what happens when the O line blocks. Thanks to coach Foley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom