Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boatright did not have a great year last year, but before people discuss what Boat can or cannot do based on the Maryland game, remember how he played last year toward the end when Shabazz was out. He controlled the offense and controlled it well.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boatright did not have a great year last year, but before people discuss what Boat can or cannot do based on the Maryland game, remember how he played last year toward the end when Shabazz was out. He controlled the offense and controlled it well.
RB's assist to turnover ratio was similar to SN (7-3 for Bazz vs. 6-3 for RB). His major flaws in this game were the inability to keep his player from getting by him, and missing shots. He actually dribbled into positions for open looks and missed shots he can make. That is his problem on offense relative to Bazz - inconsistency. But as far as breaking down man to man or zone half court defenses they are both very good.

RB has the ability to keep players contained but I believe he's still adjusting to the hand checking rules.

The biggest issue is minutes. I'm hoping TS can develop to reduce the minutes for SN and RB. LK and OC do not have the handle to break down zones or tough man to man coverage.

Reaction Score
RB's assist to turnover ratio was similar to SN (7-3 for Bazz vs. 6-3 for RB). His major flaws in this game were the inability to keep his player from getting by him, and missing shots. He actually dribbled into positions for open looks and missed shots he can make. That is his problem on offense relative to Bazz - inconsistency. But as far as breaking down man to man or zone half court defenses they are both very good.

RB has the ability to keep players contained but I believe he's still adjusting to the hand checking rules.

The biggest issue is minutes. I'm hoping TS can develop to reduce the minutes for SN and RB. LK and OC do not have the handle to break down zones or tough man to man coverage.

This is the most intelligent post about RB's play. I agree with pretty much everything you said here.

The only thing I have knocked on RB is his size. When he is in the starting line up, he may be over matched most of time. I honestly don't know any quality team has SG under 6'. I know he and Bazz can switch, but I would want Bazz to not exert too much on the other team's offensive shooting guard.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is the most intelligent post about RB's play. I agree with pretty much everything you said here.

The only thing I have knocked on RB is his size. When he is in the starting line up, he may be over matched most of time. I honestly don't know any quality team has SG under 6'. I know he and Bazz can switch, but I would want Bazz to not exert too much on the other team's offensive shooting guard.
His height is more than made up by his quickness and athleticism. I will take his shortcomings because he brings to the table a lot of positives. If you and I could stretch his body 6 inches and make his frame mid sized instead of slender, keeping his quickness with his hands and feet and his leaping ability, we would have the lottery pick player.

But there is nothing we can do about his body type. What I like about RB is that he is making a conscious effort to not only create for himself but look to distribute more. SN is rubbing off on him. It will take time because RB's instincts from years of playing a certain way are to use his speed advantage and make plays for himself. Be patient with him. The combination of SN and RB is just an incredible tandem that on most days, when things are falling right, will give the UConn fans lots of satisfaction and opposing fans lots of fits.

Reaction Score
Lol im not a kromah. I actually came to this site as a hoops enthusiast. Ad thistopic came up. I love the debating on this site. Im actually gonna stay around tho. But i love the fact that i've got you to succumb to my will. Just havin fun with it. (Evil laughter ensues)........ As u were
Mr/Mrs. Kromah... We are glad your son came to UConn. You win. Now leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom