Game thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to one of our players, much less the team, as gassed. Their conditioning has always been outstanding.

Reaction Score
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to one of our players, much less the team, as gassed. Their conditioning has always been outstanding.
Very true. They used to hang with the top teams and out run them in the second half.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying they are not good.. I'm saying they are not THAT good, if we played the way we were capable of playing, it would have been a different score.. Not necessarily saying we would have won, but we certainly wouldn't have lost by 13
Just maybe ND is pretty good ? Try watching the other team sometimes. Baylor had their hands full tonite with 11th ranked Tex AM - explain that. Yes we are capable of beating anyone anytime anywhere.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It's simple Ice.. They got out hustled, they didn't even TRY to get offensive rebounds, they ran back to play defense as soon as the shot went up. They played sloppy
So one of the solutions is to take better care of the rock by having you best ball handlers on the court. Problem is Caroline is one of those and you want her off the court because she won't take a shot. The question then is whom do you replace her with?

Reaction Score

as great as Dolson played tonight, and has much stronger she is this year than last, she got a little pooped tonight. Imho, she needs help at the 4.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
So one of the solutions is to take better care of the rock by having you best ball handlers on the court. Problem is Caroline is one of those and you want her off the court because she won't take a shot. The question then is whom do you replace her with?

No way, I never said she should be off the court.. I just want her to shoot.. If you noticed throughout the game, when Caroline was on the bench is when we seemed to struggle the most.. She had a couple stinky turnovers, but other than that she takes care of the ball.. I just wish she'd get her confidence back and launch the rock from time to time.. Create shots for herself, and not just slang threes

Reaction Score
They didn't deserve to be in

that's bull_ _ _ _ !they played hard against a very good team. they deserved the chance to fight to the end. geno quit, and that really was not fair to those kids. play to the end, coach to the end.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The last timeout when Geno made the wholesale change of subs was interesting. He wasn't barking at the team at all he was talking to them and looking at each. He then made the big switch. I suspect he realized the tank was empty at physically and emotionally.

Reaction Score
No way, I never said she should be off the court.. I just want her to shoot.. If you noticed throughout the game, when Caroline was on the bench is when we seemed to struggle the most.. She had a couple stinky turnovers, but other than that she takes care of the ball.. I just wish she'd get her confidence back and launch the rock from time to time.. Create shots for herself, and not just slang threes

Maybe those darn knee injuries have taken a toll on her.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
that's bull_ _ _ _ !they played hard against a very good team. they deserved the chance to fight to the end. geno quit, and that really was not fair to those kids. play to the end, coach to the end.

played hard? No, Stef and Tiff played hard.. I'm not sure if you actually watched the last 7 minutes or so.. They got out-hustled every single time

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
as great as Dolson played tonight, and has much stronger she is this year than last, she got a little pooped tonight. Imho, she needs help at the 4.

Agree completely. Unfortunately not until next year

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
The last timeout when Geno made the wholesale change of subs was interesting. He wasn't barking at the team at all he was talking to them and looking at each. He then made the big switch. I suspect he realized the tank was empty at physically and emotionally.

It looked like he was mad.. He didn't speak a word, neither did the girls, he looked pissed and said ALRIGHT then pointed and said to the subs "you, you, you"" etc.. I don't think he thought they were tired, it looked like he wasn't too pleased and was trying to prove a point.. and I think you could tell that by the look on the girls' faces as they sat on the bench

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Maybe those darn knee injuries have taken a toll on her.

Could be, but she doesn't look physically impaired to me (minus that big brace, and a little bit of a lost step), she looks unsure of herself

Reaction Score
I think Geno is going back to his "tough love" strategy of the past. It's worked before. It just worked with Stef. Lots of fans have disagreed with it.
Memories...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Fair enough, some others did. My point is simple Geno as any coach has finite options available. For some reason, pain, mindset, whatever Caroline was terribly hesitant. BUT with ND turning us over who do you put in in place of her. Sometimes you as a coach just don't have the necessary options. Geno looked more resigned to that reality than half the na bobs here, not meaning you. On the other hand, I did not see Kelly pass up any good shots because she was hesitant.

But as I said the easiest thing in the world is to stand on the side and yell the house is on fire, the house is on fire without a clue as to why or whether there any real options to stop it like a hose or calling 911 or rushing into the building to bring anyone out. Why waste one's time and energy stating the obvious instead of trying to prevent what is happening.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Could be, but she doesn't look physically impaired to me (minus that big brace, and a little bit of a lost step), she looks unsure of herself
But unsure why? Because she is afraid of the pain, etc. It is the why that is critical to identifying a solution and if there is one.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That's Geno's job, not ours (prevent what's happening). We can only speculate.
Yes, it is but everyone bitching and moaning is useless and a distraction from what is really going on. If we had actual speculation that would be a huge step forward.

Sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent a situation.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
But unsure why? Because she is afraid of the pain, etc. It is the why that is critical to identifying a solution and if there is one.

I would love to know .. I can see why she is hesitant to drive, I would be too if I tore the same knee 3 times.. But not looking for your shot at all, that's a-whole-nother ball game.. I mean, just two weeks ago she nailed 5 threes.. shooting slump, idk.. Somewhere her confidence was lost and it's not good.. I've always seen her with the same attitude as D had, and it's sad to see her resigning from that

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I would love to know .. I can see why she is hesitant to drive, I would be too if I tore the same knee 3 times.. But not looking for your shot at all, that's a-whole-nother ball game.. I mean, just two weeks ago she nailed 5 threes.. shooting slump, idk.. Somewhere her confidence was lost and it's not good.. I've always seen her with the same attitude as D had, and it's sad to see her resigning from that
In a way, it's like it was watching Brittany Hunter play. Leaves you wondering, what could have been...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If her knee is hurting it may hurt to jump or land when taking a shot, I don't know either but it isn't an unreasonable possibility. The anticipation of the possible pain may cause the hesitation. I was really disappointed she didn't take that one shot in the lane late in the clock. But getting frustrated with her does not change it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In a way, it's like it was watching Brittany Hunter play. Leaves you wondering, what could have been...
Yes, I am feeling we are a lot closer to that point than we have known previously.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
If her knee is hurting it may hurt to jump or land when taking a shot, I don't know either but it isn't an unreasonable possibility. The anticipation of the possible pain may cause the hesitation. I was really disappointed she didn't take that one shot in the lane late in the clock. But getting frustrated with her does not change it.

If you knew my feelings towards Caroline you'd know I'm not frustrated with her.. I know how good she can be, so I guess I'm frustrated that she's frustrated, if that makes sense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom