Game thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you knew my feelings towards Caroline you'd know I'm not frustrated with her.. I know how good she can be, so I guess I'm frustrated that she's frustrated, if that makes sense lol
Yeah, it does.

Reaction Score
what's with pulling the starters with time left to at least show some fight to the end. even staring a loss in the face, you do everything you can to cut the margin down. i've never seen a coach pull that , especially in a game like this. it was a great game, only to have it end with a move like that. rather embarrassing, and ,imo, showed a real lack of character on auriemma's part. geno flat out quit.
I believe he was simply coaching, and sending a message in the clearest possible way. CD alluded to it in the post game. When the team was doing what the defensive game plan was, ND was struggling to score. When they went away from it, ND scored with ease. When ND went on the final run to break the game open, I think he had seen enough. Personally, I think it was a combination of extreme frustration at the failure of the starters to follow the game plan, and a protective move to try to keep their self confidence from being completely eroded and not to risk injury late in the game. The game was for all intents and purposes over. He takes the starters out in the blowout wins, why not in the losses too when it is clear there isn't enough going on to make a comeback?

I don't have an issue with him taking them out. There was no point keeping them in. If one of the players was injured, everyone would be screaming about him leaving them in when the outcome was no longer in question. Either way, people will always complain.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to one of our players, much less the team, as gassed. Their conditioning has always been outstanding.
it could me "mental fatigue" of trying to figure out what exactly does the COach want or it could me that ND is just as conditioned

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wondering if Kait14 lost the house on this game.... geesh! (I truly hesitated about opening up this thread) "banging head"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
it could me "mental fatigue" of trying to figure out what exactly does the COach want or it could me that ND is just as conditioned
ND is a team that is in excellent condition and is one of the few team that can hang and, yes, even out condition UConn down the stretch, especially, went it comes to being mentally tough.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, but I did skip class :)
girl. Now if you misidentify some kid muscles and treat the wrong one you will blame it on UConn and the team. The crosses these kids have to bear.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
girl. Now if you misidentify some kid muscles and treat the wrong one you will blame it on UConn and the team. The crosses these kids have to bear.

Hahha good thing it was only Physics =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69