Game thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno....Enough with starting Doty and Ferris...the good teams are guarding the remaining three and you can win......time to get KLM, Stokes and Brianna in there sooner and longer. We need offense....and they can't get warmed up sitting on the bench.
Sorry, I didn't see ND doing that at all.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ND has too many scorers and UConn is limited in how they can score especially with Kelly & Caroline on the court.
Don't know how posters are saying Breanna won't be in the starting lineup next year. Either Caroline or Kelly or possibly both will be coming off the bench. Got to get more scoring options from the starters.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Face it... ND is a better team. Much better.

Yes. I thought that before the season started and nothing has changed. It'll change next year but this year belongs to ND.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They have 3 5th year seniors and a very good point guard. they should play experienced
Exactly, Kevin, they should and are. The question is how do you counter it and do you have the available options to do that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's 3 losses in a row to these guys. We have 1 week to figure out how to slow them down, score in the clutch, rebound, not turn the ball over, and beat them. But we have to deal with 2 other teams first.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Well, Steff and Tiff stepped up, but you could tell they had lost some zip in the 2nd half. KML sparked a little, but no one else. I wonder if Kelly is just worn down.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
They beat us in almost every statistical category and deserved to win.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes. I thought that before the season started and nothing has changed. It'll change next year but this year belongs to ND.
I didn't think so earlier, but I have to agree now.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ND has too many scorers and UConn is limited in how they can score especially with Kelly & Caroline on the court.
Don't know how posters are saying Breanna won't be in the starting lineup next year. Either Caroline or Kelly or possibly both will be coming off the bench. Got to get more scoring options from the starters.
Remember that Kelly lit up ND for 18 before.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I really want to know what's going on in the heads of Caroline and Kelly.. I love them, seriously.. but they are upperclassmen, are they really THAT unsure of themselves? Do they really lack THAT much confidence?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That is now a 2-game home losing streak. That really sucks!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Right but they have no class, none of them especially their coach. And this will not happen again.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
No, ND is not that good.. We did ZERO rebounding, STUPID turnovers, only 2 players actually wanted to shoot the ball.. We played terribly

wow - ND is an experienced team with a lot of offensive threats. They are well coached, and in very good position to go deep in the tourney this year. UConn has had these flaws all year long, and they have been exposed - it is nothing new to the folks who have been watching them all the while.

UConn will come back, and all of these players who now are being verbally chided on this board in a year will be receiving screaming accolades from the same folks. The players will mature, and hopefully folks will realize this and change their tone just a bit.

Finally, it's just so easy to play and/or coach a game from an armchair. So easy...

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly, Kevin, they should and are. The question is how do you counter it and do you have the available options to do that.

I don't think the options are there this year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, ND is not that good.. We did ZERO rebounding, STUPID turnovers, only 2 players actually wanted to shoot the ball.. We played terribly
OK so you identified some problems why were they happening?

Reaction Score
They have 3 5th year seniors and a very good point guard. they should play experienced

agree. Sr leadership and AA PG is a good formula. I expect them to be in NC game again.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Doty has physical limitations, and it's becoming a liability. She is Geno's favorite, and that has me concerned about next year.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
UConn looked fatigued again. Hustle and enthusiasm can only get you so far.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Damn ugly unis doom us again.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
I foresee one of the extension schools getting new uniforms again. Thanks, Nike.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Well, Steff and Tiff stepped up, but you could tell they had lost some zip in the 2nd half. KML sparked a little, but no one else. I wonder if Kelly is just worn down.

She could be if she is listening to the bad mojo written about her on this board. :mad:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, we may have 2 more cracks at ND. If so, maybe we can reverse last year's's record and steal the 4th one when they think they are on a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom