Game thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Gabby was beaten so much by over playing, on screens and by not boxing out that Geno had no choice but to bench her.
She also threw the ball directly to the other team again. Not sure what she was seeing.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She also threw the ball directly to the other team again. Not sure what she was seeing.
Honestly I didn't mind that as much as the other stuff. She was just trying to do too much and all at once.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I do hope that the turnaround came before TT and Jordy had actually jumped! ;)
At that point of the season, when I said it, ND was clearly the better team. Fortunately sentences have moving points before the period.

Reaction Score
Maybe with the migraine she was seeing double.

Migraines are dreadful things and not something one should make humor over. So, apologies, but I just got reminded of Rocky IV of all things:
Gabby: "I'm seeing three of Azura out there!"
Geno: "Pass the ball to the one in the middle!"

Reaction Score
What really IS good for the game is that 15,000 plus showed up to see a women’s game today. And man, did those people get their dime’s worth.

There were Op-eds recently in the Courant going after our fans after poor attendance at the men's game vs Columbia. Seems like 1. Product and 2. Opponent play a big role in attendance these days. No doubt in my mind if UConn was in the ACC-Big 10 they'd be drawing 13-15k in Hartford a game. Certainly in women's. Probably in men's too even with their struggles.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Shep missed a few put backs that she was getting to fall in the first half. And, yes, I would've liked to have seen Arike or Jackie take it to the middle in the fourth quarter for precisely that reason.

Don't know if you noticed that when Arike dribbled for nearly an entire shot clock and then hoisted a three, MM took her out for nearly a minute. She agrees with you.
I have to say that I'm really impressed with the development of Mabrey & Shepard. Along with Ogunbowle, Young & Thompson, they make ND a very dangerous team.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Had a Vizo 60 inch with 4k fantastic Roku picture. Traded it in for a 65 phillips I'm in pig heaven a photograph isn't clearer.
I have a first generation 4k Samsung 78 inch 3D tv. All pictures are fantastic, especially when I watch 4k DVDs on my Samsung player.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I truly have mixed emotions about Gabby. I feel terrible for her that she's dealing with severe migraines that are affecting her ability to play the game she loves in the way she's capable of. The good side of it, hopefully, is that the problem can be dealt with and we can all see the Gabulous one once again, and soon.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UConn up 5 with 41 seconds left. A basket on this possession and the Opera Singer may start singing. She's doing facial exercises now:)
The fat lady was not an opera singer.

Reaction Score
Yup - ESPN game, ESPN refs, HOF UConn announcer... The whole “ND might win” thing was choreographed, just to keep the fans tuned in. So obvious...

don't you find it revealing that he never said "wow what a game"?

Reaction Score
Silly assumption. Actually migraine.

Not silly from a person watching the game. She didn't play well and mix in a coach like Geno that is capable of teaching lessons. Not silly at all. Speculation yes. Hope she gets well.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Saying rosaries to defeat Notre Dame? Really surprised to learn that God is a UConn fan. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Notre Dame was seriously PO'd when they learned God preferred Geno's Mother and UCONN. Hey! God loves a winner! See how he treated that loser, Lucifer? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CB, I usually love your posts, but please don't give this troll any airtime on the BY. He's a complete AH.

I understand your thoughts on this...............my reasoning for posting them is to keep UConn fans informed about what the anti UConn faction is thinking..........there are many more people that think like KK then one would think.................it's also kind of fun, like reading the National Enquirer or one of the other trashy super market rags where the stories are so outlandish you know they can't be true.....................

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was actually shocked they didn't try to attack Walker.

Walker earned a little more respect from her teammates today. With Gabby marooned on the bench in the second half, Geno needed her to step up and play BIG today. In the biggest game of the year (so far), in front of a full house, she did!! Megan matured a little bit today.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I understand your thoughts on this.....my reasoning for posting them is to keep UConn fans informed about what the anti UConn faction is thinking.....there are many more people that think like KK then one would think.......it's also kind of fun, like reading the National Enquirer or one of the other trashy super market rags where the stories are so outlandish you know they can't be true......
I have no doubt that there’s a large anti-UConn faction out there. By and large they are respectful of UConn while supporting their team.

We have a number who post here on the BY, such as Orangutan and Dillon, ND fans, who posted right along with Husky fans on tonight’s game thread. Their posts are insightful, intelligent and entertaining.

KK is something entirely different. He is a bitter, ignorant coward who seeks to elevate himself by belittling others, in this case UConn WBB. If he was a regular poster on the BY, the administrators of this site would have long since thrown him off.

For these reasons, I believe we should not give him any access to this forum. The best thing we can all do to KK is to completely ignore him.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Yikes! "To make matters worse for the Huskies ... Gabby Williams was out for the second half with a migraine." What a load of cow manure! Anyone with a migraine absolutely would not be placidly watching a basketball game like Gabby was. Then she is jumping around and cheering the team on in 4th Q. No. Whoever wrote this is a poly-sci major looking for a political internship or post-graduation political job. View attachment 26677

I didn't see that particular quote but I believe the actual characterization was that she was troubled by migraines for the past few days. That could easily mean that she wasn't resting well in the few days before the game for one thing, and that it also interferred with her preparation for the game. Not to mention the high level of concentration that's needed when on the court in the bright lights which can be a problem for migraine sufferers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom