Game thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Reaction Score
I posted the espn box in a separate thread.

The one I'm seeing on ESPN doesn't list "team rebounds." That usually gets added at the very end when the tally up the minutes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As we came down the stretch in the 4th qtr, I couldn't help but think about how the Huskies didn't execute in the 4th qtr vs MS St last season. In this game, Z, Danger, Kia, Pheesa & MW all played with ice water in their veins during the 4th qtr. One win like this is more important than 100 - 20 pt blowouts.

You are right, of course. They could have returned to what Gabby said was (or was it Kia?) panic in the Miss St game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The second Katie Lou left the game and they announced that Stevens had 4 fouls (whichever came first, I think it was pretty close in game time) and INSTEAD of attacking Stevens, Notre Dame started hoisting threes..

I was actually shocked they didn't try to attack Walker.

Reaction Score
Well, if you look at quarter by quarter score, it definitely does tell the story.

I just meant that you wouldn't know from the 9-point margin of victory that UConn didn't take the lead for good until around 4 minutes left.
I'm pleased you didn't win because then I'd complain about jumping in--moving picks, etc. Now all Uconn can be gracious and look as great Sportsmen and say: Great game, excellent coaching, perfect execution, a team top to bottom filled with top talent, you certainly didn't play like a number 2 or three. The best game I have seen in 2 years--wire to wire fun and action--of course I wouldn't have said this--had Uconn lost. Gracious--that's my 7th middle name.

Reaction Score
Kenny Kallina is weak sauce. Like a whinny little sissy man. Lol. Both teams battled. Uconn won...this time.

Reaction Score
Were you channeling Kallina?

Yup - ESPN game, ESPN refs, HOF UConn announcer... The whole “ND might win” thing was choreographed, just to keep the fans tuned in. So obvious...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Crow is really really delicious after a tremendous comeback and win...

Absolutely. And like revenge, it's a dish best served chilled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The second Katie Lou left the game and they announced that Stevens had 4 fouls (whichever came first, I think it was pretty close in game time) and INSTEAD of attacking Stevens, Notre Dame started hoisting threes.. I knew the game was over for them... and they were still up by 10 or more at this point. You do not beat UConn with that kind of discipline.

Shep missed a few put backs that she was getting to fall in the first half. And, yes, I would've liked to have seen Arike or Jackie take it to the middle in the fourth quarter for precisely that reason.

Don't know if you noticed that when Arike dribbled for nearly an entire shot clock and then hoisted a three, MM took her out for nearly a minute. She agrees with you.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Shep missed a few put backs that she was getting to fall in the first half. And, yes, I would've liked to have seen Arike or Jackie take it to the middle in the fourth quarter for precisely that reason.

Don't know if you noticed that when Arike dribbled for nearly an entire shot clock and then hoisted a three, MM took her out for nearly a minute. She agrees with you.

Arike shot 8-25 and 1-10 on threes. She's a great player but that's not a winning formula and not what was working earlier in the game.

Reaction Score
I love a person who can admit their mistakes. I was a little worried for the win but I am still steadfast -Lose a battle or two -WIN THE WAR!
I think that it was good that Gabby sat and good that Azura had to play with foul trouble. Gabby should return on fire.
Geno knows this team has fight and that he has players who will step up, not get frazzled and deliver.

You are right MAYBE lose a battle or two and MAYBE win the WAR. But isn't it a more glorious WAR is you win all battles?
The 4 foul lesson is necessary--Geno does not like fouls on his team--the lesson learned to day will pay off big in another BIG or BIGGER game later on.

Reaction Score
I paced around watching this game. Vacuumed the house. Then took a shower at halftime into 3rd quarter. had a drink. As the fourth quarter started, had another drink and it turned celebratory! Special thanks to the crowd. Awesome support. Team may have issues but a satisfying win. May need another celebratory drink! :confused:;)
OK you guys are getting to me. It’s only 4:30 in my time zone but I’m heading to the fridge for that 22 oz. Hop Stoopid IPA that’s been waiting for an occasion like this :D

Reaction Score
Things Kenny Kallina also believes: 9/11 was an inside job, climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese to steal our jobs, Elvis is still alive, humans and dinosaurs roamed the earth together, the CIA killed JFK, and the lunar landing was faked.

Reaction Score
Were you channeling Kallina?

No. Not at all. I'm just reflecting on our complaining sometimes about fouls and other times not. We do get our share of calls sometimes and sometimes it goes the other way.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Well that was fun for all the rest of us. I agree with the SC fan Notre Dame went lame and were very sloppy through the end of the game with KLS out. She was keeping Uconn in the game there and Notre Dame basically became even more of a 1 on 1 team taking bad shots. Nice to see that you kept it going and some big shots from Nurse and Dangerfield in that stretch. Anyone have any word on Williams?

Thought Mabreys behavior actually had a negative affect on Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Arike shot 8-25 and 1-10 on threes. She's a great player but that's not a winning formula and not what was working earlier in the game.
Notre Dame shooting, except for a few, wasn't stellar. Their banging the boards nearly killed Uconn until Geno packed it in --in the 4th and out rebounded ND. Sheppard is a beast, great post, nice moves, good hands--she pushed Z around. ND/s game plan take control of the boards, drive just enough to keep the Defense back then throw up 3's from 2 players. Uconn caught on in the 4th quarter then they packed it in.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Thought my comment was pretty much in the same spirit....Didn't need Arike hoisting three's in the fourth...would rather have had her attacking the lane to get fouled.

If I'm correct, I think Geno switched Nurse over to Marina in the fourth quarter after KLS went down. Good move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom