Game thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Reaction Score
Geno is talking now about Lou's injury - not risking their season in December for her health. And he didn't. She got hurt briefly after playing quite a while with no signs of pain or trouble. It was just the one tweak.

Did he say they did not have Gabby in the second half ???????? coaches decision or hurt

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was so close to having something to hold over y'all for a few months :oops:

Jk, congrats on winning a good game.

I didn't really expect to win so it was actually not as stressful to watch as most games.

Fun little game of basketball.

Playing UConn is like trying to defeat the Final boss of a video game. You have to be almost perfect and it's never over when there's still time on the clock.
LOL. At least with the final boss you get a do over. Sometimes you get to restart at a commanding point. Not with UConn. At least with UConn though you don't have to hear all that derisive laughter and s*** talking.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know about the rest of you in the boneyard but after that one I need a drink
Beat you to it.

Reaction Score
I was so close to having something to hold over y'all for a few months :oops:

Jk, congrats on winning a good game.

I didn't really expect to win so it was actually not as stressful to watch as most games.

Fun little game of basketball.

Playing UConn is like trying to defeat the Final boss of a video game. You have to be almost perfect and it's never over when there's still time on the clock.
Thanks for hanging in there with us today - enjoyed your contributions. ND will do some damage this year. And when it’s tournament time they know they can play with UConn.

Reaction Score
Well I deserve a big plate of crow after this one. Really proud of how they played the last 7+ minutes of this game. Looked like an entirely different team with the heart and hustle.

I love a person who can admit their mistakes. I was a little worried for the win but I am still steadfast -Lose a battle or two -WIN THE WAR!
I think that it was good that Gabby sat and good that Azura had to play with foul trouble. Gabby should return on fire.
Geno knows this team has fight and that he has players who will step up, not get frazzled and deliver.

Reaction Score
They passed a pretty severe test today. In my opinion it wasn't that UConn was playing badly in the first half, Notre Dame just played better. I didn't think they could overcome a double digit lead in the third quarter but they did. A lot to be happy with in this game, especially the fourth quarter. They didn't panic, they sucked it up and got it done. Great effort from Azure and a very mature performance from Megan. Solid on the boards and played within herself. Lou was rusty and you could tell she was gassed at times but her usual tough performance. Definitely something to build on.

Reaction Score
I will say that there were a few home team "non-calls". Not that I'm complaining but yes we get our share of calls for us and against us.

Reaction Score
Been a while since UConn had to win one like that, with so much time spent behind. Of course it's against Notre Dame :rolleyes: (and I mean that with gruff respect).

edit: how far back do we have to go? Notre Dame again, in the Dolson era? We've had close games and lost games since then, but few if any of those looked like a loss for half the game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom