Game thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Reaction Score
Composure is normally part of their game. Personally I think they were running out of gas more than anything.
So Muffet was a genius in the first half and now she's a loser - LOL

Completely agree total choke job by ND and it's funny because they almost did the same agaisnt SC.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint Final
Notre Dame 4 + 10 + 5+ 1 = 20
UConn 4 + 3 + 3 + 6 = 16

Willis Reed was in Hartford today.

Reaction Score
I went to sleep during the Patriots’ game and missed our game. See that we won. Pretty routine?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great win. Coming out party for Walker. Clutch play in crunch time.

Reaction Score
Congrats to UConn for pulling it out when it counts.........nothing better then learning an important lesson and still winning the game..............congrats to a depleted ND team for putting up a great fight, MM should take a lot of positives from the game too...........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We won. I still think that the steel has not been tempered.
I hope it is bad iron and the smith needs more time to tool it.
I would rather not think the alternative.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
This is one reason I rarely post on these treads during the game. I'm an emotional guy (shocker I know), and was dropping all kinds of 4 letter words at the TV during the game. No point in exposing all of you to that! LOL.

Absolute hell of a 4th quarter - probably one of the best quarters I've ever seen UCONN play against a tremendous opponent. All the credit in the world to Muffet and ND for outplaying/outcoaching UCONN and Geno for at least half the game. And KUDOS to our team for the fight and grit in one fantastical 4th quarter...

Hey that's OK. Just because I try to keep it positive towards the team for the most part on the boards, don't think I don't do my share of swearing during the game! But this business of Geno risking KLS in a game that was a "Lost cause" really took the cake for me.

Reaction Score
Great win for the Huskies. They showed a lot of grit and determination. We have a lot to work on.
Notre Dame is the real deal. Should be an interesting season.. I like interesting seasons...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Reminds me a bit of the Tennessee game last year in how ND's offense stagnated and the shooters went ice cold.

Final score won't tell the story of this one.
Yes it will, UConn took over the 4th quarter and the Irish folded. Appeared like UConn wanted it more during that 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Untitled.jpg

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Geno is talking now about Lou's injury - not risking their season in December for her health. And he didn't. She got hurt briefly after playing quite a while with no signs of pain or trouble. It was just the one tweak.

Reaction Score
Reminds me a bit of the Tennessee game last year in how ND's offense stagnated and the shooters went ice cold.

Final score won't tell the story of this one.

Kudos to ND for a great performance. They pushed UConn almost to the breaking point. I'm not sure the Irish "went cold." I think they were playing at a maximum level and simply reverted to their usual level of play. Not a criticism, just reality. I doubt they could play any better, but I don't feel in a rush to face them again. Again, excellent effort.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You're welcome. Glad ND could provide some adversity to overcome
Your team has NOTHING to be ashamed of. Perhaps rested and at home this would have been a different outcome for ND. Trust me, we'll see each other again down the road. When your team hits the floor they come to do work. ND ain't quite done yet.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kudos to Megan walker. she grew up a little bit today. She came through in crunch time and play like a champion .

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I was so close to having something to hold over y'all for a few months :oops:

Jk, congrats on winning a good game.

I didn't really expect to win so it was actually not as stressful to watch as most games.

Fun little game of basketball.

Playing UConn is like trying to defeat the Final boss of a video game. You have to be almost perfect and it's never over when there's still time on the clock.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Kudos to ND for a great performance. They pushed UConn almost to the breaking point. I'm not sure the Irish "went cold." I think they were playing at a maximum level and simply reverted to their usual level of play. Not a criticism, just reality. I doubt they could play any better, but I don't feel in a rush to face them again. Again, excellent effort.
Frankly as at Nevada, because of their traveling, I think ND ran out of gas to some extent. Also, Young never could deal with UConn's length and it affected her on offense and defense. Her putting points on the board would have had a big effect on the outcome, I think. Unfortunately for her, it's not going to change when (and I mean when) she plays UConn again this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom