Game Thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Reaction Score
Unacceptable performance but thank god we didnt lose to Holy Cross.

Reaction Score
Sherriffs is a real pro. He came in and won the game. Edsall comment that they need to get much better.

This group is just not that talented but they did shut down HC in the second half. D made some plays. I think this 3-5-3 is an acquired taste though. They gave up some plays and didn't bring as much pressure as I would have hoped.

Reaction Score
Very happy yet more scared about next week. O well at least I can enjoy college football this weekend.

Not me. Now our coaches have an actual game under their belts to evaluate personnel, and themselves.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
It'll be an interesting week coming up now that the coaches have a better idea who the gamers are, what works and what doesn't, and what needs fixing. Signing off from TX . . .

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Is it wrong to be disappointed in Lashlee as it felt like he didn't understand what his players were capable of?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Is it wrong to be disappointed in Lashlee as it felt like he didn't understand what his players were capable of?

I know the level of opponent, but we had 440+ yards of offense. Over 250 passing and 150 running. If not for 2 turnovers, we would have likely had 500 yards. I thought we used our receivers well (Mayala, Skanes, and Dixon all had key plays).

Reaction Score

How do you blame a brand new OC who has next to none of his own players and he has to teach them a brand new offense?

I saw a coach who did everything possible to win with a group that needs an upgrade at many positions.

I'd bet the house Lashlee (not RE) pulled Pindell for BS and that is why they won.

No vanilla offense as far as I'm concerned.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
It may have been Sherriffs vocal leadership that won us the game. I didn't think Pindell played terrible but theres was a much better tempo with BS in there. The read option we ran 12+ times looked better with him in there as well.

Defensively i though we needed to cut down our splits and make some contact with them off the line when theres help over the top.

In any fashion had a great night at the Rent with my old man. Go dogs.

Reaction Score
It may have been Sherriffs vocal leadership that won us the game. I didn't think Pindell played terrible but theres was a much better tempo with BS in there. The read option we ran 12+ times looked better with him in there as well.

Defensively i though we needed to cut down our splits and make some contact with them off the line when theres help over the top.

In any fashion had a great night at the Rent with my old man. Go dogs.
Pindell didn't run the read/option well but he ran it better than Bryant did. Bryant didn't keep it once and he should have most of the time.

Reaction Score
I told ya' we'd find a way to lose.....worst head coach in America, you're lucky you have Edsall

Reaction Score
Literally in the press conference RE talks about how he went to Lashlee at half time to discuss pulling Pindell because it was what was needed to win.

Thats why I don't bet. Kudos to RE.

Reaction Score
Back from game. Boy, it was nice to pull that out of the fire. Overall, the defense needs a lot work. But for a couple of good plays, HC was still moving the ball at will and could have scored at least twice in the second half.

The OLine is not a total disaster to pass protect. It is an utter non-factor in the run. I have no idea what they do with this group. They are collectively awful...zero push, zero aggression.

The offense started clicking and we have play makers. Nate Hopkins and BS were major factors. I don't the Newsome will be seeing many more carries other than some possssions in the flat. He is a poor RB on the delayed hand off and between the tackles.

HC is a decent squad. They were physically dominant for most of the game. Their QB is excellent. I think our D gets shredded by a quality D1 squad, unless they were hiding a lot of the D scheme. I'm not sure this D gimmick translates to high level football. The guys are too big and too fast, and we get killed on the ground. As far as the pass D goes, there is a ton of work to be done. There were a lot guys around the football but nobody jumping routes or attacking the ball in the air.

Randy has a lot of work to do, but at least the players showed some character and will to win. USF should be interesting. Could be a real blood bath.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So, the UConn TO's don't count but the HC TO's do?

Gotcha.

Some waitress in the Bahama's is getting her wings with that logic.

I don't know which loser troll is trying to play SDOrange but do yourself a favor and stop.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My undefeated season continues to be accurate.

It was a rough and frustrating first half of football. But this team stormed back and took care of business. Big kudos to Shireffs. This may not seem like a big deal today, but the winning feeling is going to put the taste of UCONN back into a lot of people's mouths. It is absolutely necessary for this team to continue to build and believe...

Reaction Score
How did that kid wind up playing QB at Holy Cross?
Underecruited? SNY guys said the kid only played QB his senior year for a Catholic high school in Chicago, but also mentioned some NFL scouts have visited Worcester to check him out.

Reaction Score
Well at least we know we would win the class LL high school title here in CT. I would put Holy Cross as an above average high school team, maybe a little bit below the Texas state football champions though.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what some of you were watching. There were a lot of positives to take from that game.

The offensive scheme looked like a bona fide FBS offense. Blocking was non-existent and execution was poor st times but, if they do what they are supposed to do, this team will score a lot compared to last UConn squads.

We have a return game and intend to use it.

I thought Pindell showed a distinct lack of zip on the ball. A lot of his passes were hanging ducks. The fumble bordered on unforgivable but, he made decent reads and for the most part delivered the ball. RE was right to pull him for not producing and being errant with too many balls.

I'd have no issue giving him another shot, but I think BS is better right now so any leash would be pretty short.

The lack of coverage and run to the ball on D is the most disturbing thing from last night. Multiple guys were open on every play. Tre Bell did not have s good game nor did the younger guys in the secondary. Britton was the only one who looked good for most of the game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know the level of opponent, but we had 440+ yards of offense. Over 250 passing and 150 running. If not for 2 turnovers, we would have likely had 500 yards. I thought we used our receivers well (Mayala, Skanes, and Dixon all had key plays).
I agree BUT what about the TEs?????????????

Reaction Score
How do you blame a brand new OC who has next to none of his own players and he has to teach them a brand new offense?

I saw a coach who did everything possible to win with a group that needs an upgrade at many positions.

I'd bet the house Lashlee (not RE) pulled Pindell for BS and that is why they won.

No vanilla offense as far as I'm concerned.

Scheme is fine and moved the ball. The 4th down play call was a bit strange, but other than that I had no complaints.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom