Game Thread: UConn - Kentucky | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UConn - Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
See the sacrifices I make for you My People. Not watching, wearing my 3 peat hat and my 2002 Championship T shirt and not watching!:) I cannot contain my joy and my wife just shakes her head. Live with it woman, I am in HEAVEN!

We do what we have to do.

Reaction Score
Good for Tiff getting the Regional MOP. Looking at these two games in RI... I would have given it to Kelly Faris myself. Even though some people here think she was stupid tonight..... I think her play the last two games was truly amazing. Way to go TIFF.... Way to go Kelly... Way to go Bria... Way to go Stef... way to go Kaleena.. Way to go Carolina... Way to go Kiah.... way to go the rest of the team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It all changed with the TD pass to Faris to end the first half. Indiana girl follows Manning to Denver.
DO NOT mention that evil empire name in connection with UCONN. :mad:

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
I'm more proud of this team than any other UConn team. Simply an amazing effort!!

Reaction Score
Chris Elsberry tweets why UK coach picked up technical:

Leaned in the ref and said "You're missing a "blank-ing" good game".

Hope his baby did hear him say the "blank" word!:)

Reaction Score
She had a great game, but that's a bad call.It's not about one game, but the entire tournament. Still, so proud of her.
Should have gone to Kelly, IMO. (Although Bria and KML probably made better arguments than Tiffany.)

But this is the game that mattered. The first two were cake walks, the 3rd was comfortable. This was the game where a big performance was desperately needed.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So happy for TIFF and the team. Glad we weathered those speed bumps in the first half. I said to my wife, "It seems like we get teams that shhot 80% against us in regional final games". Of course KY didn't shoot that good in the first half but it felt like it. Somebody mentioned that the Baylor altercation game last night may have resulted in more fouls being called tonight. It sure is odd that we can get through the entire season and not see a game like this with so many players in foul trouble. Kelly really got hosed but it's all good now!

GO HUSKIES!

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Sorry you didn't get to see the game, but jeez, Brazil, that's got to be nice!
Its my wife's homecoming after 12 years and it is for the most part, but I am left out of most conversations because I don't enough Portuguese...:(...and her family doesn't speak English......but learning it will be on my to do list when I get home...:)

Reaction Score
Great game for Tiff! I don't mind her getting MOP at all. It's her last shot at it and it's not like she was a slouch on the court. She played her heart out and helped us get the win.

Reaction Score
For those who are down on Doty:

6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 1 TO -- exactly the steady game you need against a high-pressure opponent

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Disappointed in Doris Burke. she should have stood up for Hayes as an AA.

Reaction Score

6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 1 TO -- exactly the steady game you need against a high-pressure opponent

And she had that big 3 at the beginning of the game...thought we might see more 3s from CD today, but you're right, she had a great all around game, and kept the ship steady.

Reaction Score
T/y for mentionig Caroline's contribution. It was very not insignificant.........................:):)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
HEr rebounds were really key, too. At very important parts of the game. Way to go CDII!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

And a three pointer at the beginning of the game to settle down the young 'uns.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

She was a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger