Game Thread: UCONN/Baylor | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UCONN/Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I love the fact that the Huskies are in a tough game. They blow folks out so much that it's sometimes hard to watch. This is a great game.
Did Mulkey have them watch Premier League Soccer this weekend. It's either that or that girl has a glass elbow (versus glass jaw).
Lastly, I wish Geno would keep them out with 2 fouls like JC did. I hate seeing key players with 3 in the first half. I would have taken Stewart out for the last 1:30 or so just to be safe.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yeah, they were flopping, but we had at least 4 atrocious real fouls that we committed. In the thread on stopping Sims I said if she scored 50, the rest of the team would have 10 and we'd be okay if we avoided stupid fouls. So far, Sims should have 10, the rest of their team has 8. Play smart and this is an easy margin. Play to hand them points and they can stick closer than they should. If Sims hits 100% on 3s, good for her. It's a lot easier for her to hit 100% on foul shots.

Reaction Score
Baylor, especially Odyssey Sims, need to win Oscars for best acting during a basketball game. She's flopping all over the place like a big fish, another Diggins. The foul on Brianna, phantom. Sims was falling back when she took the shot. The third on Stef, phantom. The Baylor player was moving. The foul on Kaleena, phantom. How can you move if there's no space. The officiating is a JOKE.

Reaction Score
This is just sad! There should be a penalty for an intentional FLOP. Mulkeys daughter must be a big Diggins fan. Kml was hit by her in the elbow and she throws her head back and floped! NICE.

Reaction Score
What a disappointment. I was looking forward to some good basketball, not some whimsical officiating.

Reaction Score
I love the fact that the Huskies are in a tough game. They blow folks out so much that it's sometimes hard to watch. This is a great game.
Did Mulkey have them watch Premier League Soccer this weekend. It's either that or that girl has a glass elbow (versus glass jaw).
Lastly, I wish Geno would keep them out with 2 fouls like JC did. I hate seeing key players with 3 in the first half. I would have taken Stewart out for the last 1:30 or so just to be safe.
We don't exactly have a deep bench. You play what you got.

Reaction Score
I am really enjoying this game other than all the blue fish dressed in white on the deck.

Reaction Score
Sick of the refs and Baylor's acting job.
Second half will be WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!

Reaction Score
A nationally televised Prime Time game, should have the head of officials there to make sure the officials don't become the game. College women's game has enough problems, without dumb officials ruining the game between 2 top teams.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Suppose should be fortunate there's a nine point lead with how the Refs are calling the game and with the Baylor flops. Stef and Bria can't afford to pick up their 4th foul early in the 2nd half.

Also surprising there's only a 2 free throw and foul called difference. 12 Fouls and 10 Free Throws for UConn Baylor 10 Fouls and 12 made free throws. The fouls on Odyssey's three point shot attempts were foolish fouls. Its just that Baylor has flopped more and some contact by Baylor on the UConn players weren't called because the UConn players didn't flop.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Maybe Mulkey should spend more time coaching players not named Sims, and less time at the Dollar Store buying those outfits! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
worst reffing worst announcing... I think Baylor is playing Baylor and boy is Baylor good (even though they are losing).

Reaction Score
So let's see what happens in the second half. If it is like many games, the refs will swallow their whistles letting obvious contact go (even more than before) and Stef, Breanna, KML will get mauled.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You play what you got.
I agree with you. My fear is that those 2 players are now hamstrung by having 4. I just think it's better to find a way to keep them from getting that third. If they foul out he's going to have to go to the bench.
In both instances I think they should have known better. Both fouls were avoidable, particularly Hartley's.

Reaction Score
The officiating has been atrocious but we have put ourselves in a position to let them make the call on at least 5 calls.

Reaction Score
So let's see what happens in the second half. If it is like many games, the refs will swallow their whistles letting obvious contact go (even more than before) and Stef, Breanna, KML will get mauled.
Either they get mauled or they foul out. Pick your poison.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They have gotten hacked a lot on the boards already.

Reaction Score
I agree with you. My fear is that those 2 players are now hamstrung by having 4. I just think it's better to find a way to keep them from getting that third. If they foul out he's going to have to go to the bench.
In both instances I think they should have known better. Both fouls were avoidable, particularly Hartley's.
Not to mention they were pretty much phantom calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom