Game Thread: UCONN/Baylor | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UCONN/Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Because there were fewer calls doesn't mean it didn't have an impact.
I think I stated that. UConn's first half foul trouble and the lack of Tuck took away UConn's defense in the second half allowing Baylor to make the runs they made. The damage was done in the first half.

Reaction Score
How am I uninformed? Tell me one thing I said that was uninformed. Oh and by the way I have forgotten more about this game then you will ever know. Don't stoop to calling names you look like a child.
Kiah Stokes had a double-double against Stanford - 13 rebounds, 10 points and 6 blocks as well. How is that not "meaningful minutes in meaningul games"?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think this game will do the Huskies a lot of good.
I agree. Unfortunately, Uconn won't have to play at this level again until the final four. I just don't think Louisville is that good. Would love to see a Baylor- Stanford game, that would be very interesting.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Had I not seen the game with my own eyes, but only listened to Mowin's and Burke's pablum , I would have concluded that Baylor won by 10 against all odds.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
For what it is worth...I will take Kiah's blocked shots and outstanding effort on the boards over her scoring big points. We have plenty of scorers. Kiah brings a dimension to defense and rebounding (offensive and defensive) that plays a critical role at key points of so many games.

Show that Iowan some love!
Will be interesting next year for her with lots of new blood in and some gone. Unknown how much the Frosh will play next year...within reason that she could average a double double every night she wants it.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I sure would like to know who committed the foul and who has come in and out.
Yeah. It would be nice if they would pay SOME attention to the actual game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The best offense is a good defense.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Hartley hit some big shots, too. Bria did have some "duh" moments, but overall, up to the task..
True, but she's a senior AA and we are supposed to count on her big shots. Perhaps somewhat unfairly, but none-the-less true. Mo's effort and athleticism is mind numbing...her bball IQ and instincts are off the charts! The best part about UConn ball is that it doesn't have to be an either/or situation. Props for Mo takes nothing away from Bria's contributions.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So just to summarize.... We shot the ball like we were blind, the refs decided they were going to foul out our entire starting line-up and we still held Sims to a season low and won by double digits. Not a bad night!! :D

Reaction Score
I was looking at the game flow chart from the ESPN gamecast, and it seems pretty obvious that after Baylor pulled to within 1 (50-49) at the 10:53 mark of the second half, UConn held them to only 6 points over those last almost 11 minutes.... That's pretty good D.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 2m
Most impressive part of #uconn's Moriah Jefferson great line is zero turnovers. That's remarkable in game like this
Not included in those props was her defense of Sims. Mo almost single-handedly held Sims 12 points under her average. She even embarrassed Sims by stealing her playbook - picking Sims' pocket and taking it in for a lay-up.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
And.... the best acting award goes to....................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
OMG - Sims took some of the worst, unforced shots I've ever seen. Her Baylor teammates kept them in the game. Baylor's supporting cast deserves a lot of credit.
To me, it looked as if she was trying to get a foul call on every shot. She may have been watching SkyDig tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom