Game planning for the Huskies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game planning for the Huskies

Reaction Score
If the coach watched the Indiana game, which he surely did, he would have noticed that once the middle became open in the third quarter Paige and CW drove and that broke open the game. I think he will press the guards bringing the ball up, keep Cunane on defense in the paint and allow Liv and AE to shoot from the outside, and pound the ball on every possession underneath to get Liv in foul trouble. He will also slow the pace down every possession, Cunane tired in the Notre Dame game when the pace picked up.

As for us, I still think you have to play Caroline this game despite what some have said in other threads. She is a big guard/wing and can post up and cut against the NC St. small guards or wings. If she can get 8 points I like our chances a lot more. She can also shoot the 3 and that requires coverage away from the interior also.

Reaction Score
UConn faced two All-Americans in the Big East, twice each. Aneesa Morrow at DePaul and Maddy Siegrist of Villanova are both All-Americans.

I’d love to see Morrow vs Cunane. Wouldn’t that be a fun matchup?

Though Morrow and Siegrist are enormously talented, they're both properly forwards, and at 6'1" each, a bit undersized for forwards. By contrast, Cunane stands 6'5". Cunane is a traditional big, a powerful post player. She's the size-for-size matchup with Connecticut's 6'5" posts, Juhasz and Nelson-Ododa. And after Cunane, there's Boston at 6'5", and Brink at 6'4". That's what I mean in terms of the first challenge of posts versus posts.

Reaction Score
OK ... Wolfpack, not Tarheels..... I stand corrected! Thanks! Z Sorry!
Go HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Our bigs don’t have to outscore their bigs. We just need to hold them down in points and rebounds so they are not the difference between a win or a loss. This is why it’s critical that Dorka gets back to her old self. She will be needed in the upcoming games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom