Game of Thrones | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones

Reaction Score
There was an article in one of the New York rags over the weekend that the author is in negotiations with HBO to do a prequel series set 100 years prior to the setting of Game of Thrones. It is supposed to set the background. No timeline for airing was mentioned.
That would certainly be interesting...2/3 of the books talk about lineage, dragons, and past battles..

Reaction Score
That would certainly be interesting...2/3 of the books talk about lineage, dragons, and past battles..

I didn't read the article, but I wouldn't get too excited. GRRM already has short-story prequels to his series out there. They're great reading, like all of his stuff, but they're not as edifying as you'd hope. They are distractions to the completion of the main series, like everything else fatso has done over the past ten years....

Reaction Score
I didn't read the article, but I wouldn't get too excited. GRRM already has short-story prequels to his series out there. They're great reading, like all of his stuff, but they're not as edifying as you'd hope. They are distractions to the completion of the main series, like everything else fatso has done over the past ten years....

I have a good friend who tells me that Jordan basically realized that Jordan was basically stringing out his own series long enough to make money infinitely and that at some point the whole series became essentially pointless.

Reaction Score
That'd be fine and all, but jeez, I'd like to see him get back and finish the GOT books so this series can keep going.

I read that somewhere that HBO is readying a new series based on Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' - if done right, a big if, that could be something interesting.

So I started readin "American Gods". Pretty good.

One thing that scares me about HBO doing a series on it, is that I am afraid they might make like "True Blood" which is a terrible show.

Reaction Score
Question from last night. Did Baelish really recognize Arya and was telling Sansa the truth about her? Or was he lying to play her?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Question from last night. Did Baelish really recognize Arya and was telling Sansa the truth about her? Or was he lying to play her?
I think he was lying to play her because that's what his character does. He lies and manipulates for his own gain.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I think he was lying to play her because that's what his character does. He lies and manipulates for his own gain.

It's both. As a man who keeps all options open. Baelish is playing both sides of the fence. Still pining for Mama Stark, he can be the hero if he thinks it would win her over. As the new lord of Harren Hall, he can betray the Starks again if he needs to.

I think he recognized her. More interested to see what happens if/when Jamie Lannister reaches KL.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

I think he definitely recognized her.

Reaction Score
It's both. As a man who keeps all options open. Baelish is playing both sides of the fence. Still pining for Mama Stark, he can be the hero if he thinks it would win her over. As the new lord of Harren Hall, he can betray the Starks again if he needs to.

I think he recognized her. More interested to see what happens if/when Jamie Lannister reaches KL.

I am just going to have to finish the books. I simply can't wait for next week.

Reaction Score
So I started readin "American Gods". Pretty good.

One thing that scares me about HBO doing a series on it, is that I am afraid they might make like "True Blood" which is a terrible show.

The problem with true blood is that the books started off interesting, but then after a few really dropped off. To me, the series has in that way been truthful to the novels

Reaction Score
The problem with true blood is that the books started off interesting, but then after a few really dropped off. To me, the series has in that way been truthful to the novels

I had no idea True Blood was also based on the Novels.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I am just going to have to finish the books. I simply can't wait for next week.

I may have to as well. Started season 1 off Netflix, five dvds in five weeks in time for season 2 dvd release. Couldn't wait for Netflix so I bought the season set. Finished that in a week. Couldn't wait for the Season 3 dvds so I ordered HBO on a 6 month discounted rate.

I've targeted buying the books for vacation in June.

Reaction Score
I may have to as well. Started season 1 off Netflix, five dvds in five weeks in time for season 2 dvd release. Couldn't wait for Netflix so I bought the season set. Finished that in a week. Couldn't wait for the Season 3 dvds so I ordered HBO on a 6 month discounted rate.

Lately I have been buying books and reading them on the IPad, but I think I may want actually own hard copies of these. You can't lend books on Kindle to friends.

Watching the first and second season on Blu Ray really spoiled me.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

I wouldn't take the books on vacation with you. They're so good that you won't put them down and you'll spend your entire vacation read them.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I wouldn't take the books on vacation with you. They're so good that you won't put them down and you'll spend your entire vacation read them.

Have a couple 12 hr flights followed by a couple fistfuls of days on the beach. I won't mind.

Reaction Score
Have a couple 12 hr flights followed by a couple fistfuls of days on the beach. I won't mind.

I buying the whole set tomorrow. Going all in; Edsall style.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Game of Thrones is terrific - I'd probably rank it the second best show on TV right now after Breaking Bad.

If you're thinking about watching it, I'd suggest waiting until the end of each season. There's so many storylines going on at once that it makes it easier to watch every episode in a row.

It's a great show, but I like Justified even better. Best show on TV.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Interesting. I don't like Martin's writing style. It's like he's channeling Tolstoy or something. The pacing is awful. I like the show much better (which is unusual for me). Dresden Files series...that I can't put down.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I buying the whole set tomorrow. Going all in; Edsall style.

Book 4 is a little masturbatory by Martin. The book isn't terrible, just really, really slow. He could use an editor.

Reaction Score
I hope the writers can find some excuse for Danearys to take her shirt off. She managed to keep it on all of season 2, right?
Bad news my friend. Ms. Targaryen signed a no-nudity clause after Season 1.

Reaction Score
Bad news my friend. Ms. Targaryen signed a no-nudity clause after Season 1.

Go see Breakfast at Tiffany's on Broadway. You can see her bare all in person.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What the fruck just happened!

I think a lot of people who did not read the books are going to have a big problem with how Season 3 ends.

In the book, then the events of tonight's episode occur, it is a "holy **** I can't believe the author just did that" moment. It was still shocking to me tonight, and I had read the books. If I was watching on TV, and hadn't read the books, I would be thinking to myself right now: "I just invested 3 years into this incredibly complex swords and sorcerers TV show, and the mofo writers just did that to me? Forget them", and move on to a show that doesn't try to punch me in the face.

There are certain aspects of the plot that just do not translate well from the books to TV, and this is one of them. I think the show producers have done a very good job of emphasizing a lot of over characters and plotlines so that it doesn't seem like they lit the entire plotline on fire tonight. Just most of it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
What the fruck just happened!

Totally brutal episode. It's so weird to be watching something that continuously does not have happy endings. But tonight's episode was seriously a shot to the gut. I already know I'm going to be running over the details in my head for days and trying to figure out how things 'recover' for lack of a better term.

I actually just started watching the series about 2 weeks ago. I downloaded the first episode on a whim. In my mind, I thought this was basically a kids story kind of like Narnia. Obviously that went out the window in the first 10 minutes or so. I just caught up on Thursday so this is the first time I'm on the same page with everyone who hasn't read the books and I can't stop talking to people about it. Great series. Not looking forward to waiting for season 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom