Game of Thrones | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Maybe they'll combine book 4 and part of 5 in one season to compensate.

I have been scolded in this thread for flirting with spoilers, so I will tread very carefully here. 4 and 5 were supposed to be one book, but it got so huge that Martin cut it in 2, the took 3 years off trying to get a show on HBO, then came around to finishing book 5, "shockingly" to coincide with the first season of GoT on HBO.

Book 4 suffers as much as anything from some really strange editing and a bad decision to split the story geographically instead of chronologically, and then 2/3's of the way through 5, he swings back to chronological. Without naming any names, several of the most interesting characters take book 4 off, then come back in 5.

Even the best TV dramas only have a realistic shelf life of about 8 seasons before fans just get tired of it. I don't see any reason why GoT will be any different. Which means Martin has to get his butt in gear and finish the last two books.

Reaction Score
So I finally got around to watching the last two episodes of this season... With racing season and work in full swing, I just didn't have the two hours to sit down and enjoy the shows consecutively like I wanted to.

All I can say is HOLY CRAP HOLY HOLY CRAP! No spoilers. But this is big boy drama stuff. The fantasy aspect is soooo secondary.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I finished the first season last night. It's good. It's not The Wire or The Sopranos but it's worth the time.

Reaction Score
I must be getting senile. I've been watching SUITS on USA. Last season they introduced a new partner. This season, said partner is having Harvey represent his
illegitamite daughter. It wasn't until the end of last night's episode that I recognised the actors as those who portray Lord "Baldy" the eucuch & Rob Stark's mother. My son smirked when I had my moment of realization.

Reaction Score
I finished the first season last night. It's good. It's not The Wire or The Sopranos but it's worth the time.

I think it is just behind The Wire, but just ahead of he Sopranos. The Sopranos had a lull in the middle, but they finished strong. Looking forward to the next season of GoT. I am trying to hold off on reading the books until after the series.

Reaction Score
I think it is just behind The Wire, but just ahead of he Sopranos. The Sopranos had a lull in the middle, but they finished strong. Looking forward to the next season of GoT. I am trying to hold off on reading the books until after the series.

I read book one after the first season, and book two after the second season. That is working for me fine. Unfortunately, I can't read book 3 this summer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'm stuck halfway through season two and haven't been motivated to watch. It's pretty much everyone is calling themselves King and now we kill each other.

It's pretty good but doesn't have a ton of depth and I can't put it on the same plane as Sopranos or the Wire?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom