Game of Thrones - Season 4 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones - Season 4

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
This annoyed me a bit as well. I think in part it gave the Hound a better death than a wound infection and it gave Brienne something to do. GRRM spent a lot of pages in between her doing anything. I was expecting at least one new character from Dorne, but I'm not sure that they intend to follow that storyline at all yet. The way they built this season, they could spend another season post wall battle, follow Arya, and the post Trion escape and Tywin murder and leave the rest of the current books aside until the new ones arrive. The probably have two, maybe three seasons of material left, but I think the show runners have a mind to get on with it and develop their own endings if necessary. The Dorne angle is a complete side track.

Just thinking off the surface but there is not a helluva lot of "big stuff" not yet covered. Kings landing/cersei ( don't want to say more, will play a prominent role next season.)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
August_West said:
Just thinking off the surface but there is not a helluva lot of "big stuff" not yet covered. Kings landing/cersei ( don't want to say more, will play a prominent role next season.)

Plus I do think we see dorne next season.

Reaction Score
at some point that white mob to the north has GOT to play into things in a huge way. Still hasn't happened in the books yet either.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
August_West said:

I hope they let the KL sequence play out as opposed to hyper condensing it like they did Mereen. But, I think it's a long way off. Maybe end of next season, with a slight chance they rewrite it altogether.

Lastly, I don't recall Verys getting on the ship. Did I forget that happended?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As I think i said somewhere else, next year they are introducing a bunch of new characters and two regions where we have not spent a lot of time to date but have been frequently referred to in the books.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Who's the guy who gave the little stark girl the coin, from which she got on that ship? *edit* (Wait I remember, she helped him escape papa lannisters camp, is he royalty or something?)

What's with this tree that glows in the North? And some three year old throwing bang snaps at skeletons?!?

What's the deal with the wildings (or the ice monsters) why don't they mess with the other humans north of the wall, or are they part of the team, like the giants?

**Never read the books, but kept up with the series, but still much I'm confused about, a lot of info to digest
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

My prediction on how this whole thing ends is with the Starks, it started with them, I think that's how it'll turn out, either the red head, the Peter Pan chik, or the john snow taking the reigns....we'll see

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who's the guy who gave the little stark girl the coin, from which she got on that ship? *edit* (Wait I remember, she helped him escape papa lannisters camp, is he royalty or something?)

What's with this tree that glows in the North? And some three year old throwing bang snaps at skeletons?!?

What's the deal with the wildings (or the ice monsters) why don't they mess with the other humans north of the wall, or are they part of the team, like the giants?

**Never read the books, but kept up with the series, but still much I'm confused about, a lot of info to digest
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

My prediction on how this whole thing ends is with the Starks, it started with them, I think that's how it'll turn out, either the red head, the Peter Pan chik, or the john snow taking the reigns....we'll see

The coin guy was Jaqen H'gar, a faceless assassin. Arya saved his life so he gave her the ability to kill 3 people (which she inexplicably did not use to kill Tywin Lannister). After he killed 3 for her, he gave her a coin. You will learn more about the faceless assassins next season.

The three year old is a Children of the Forest. The last episode is the first time we see them, although they are referred to in prior dialogue. They used to be all over Westeros, but with men coming they vanished north. They also helped men fight the White Walkers the last time the White Walkers came. They have been sending Bran visions, which is why he went there. I don't know what the skeletons were doing outside their cave, or why, if the skeletons were smart enough to wait outside the cave under the ice, they didn't have enough sense not to try to run in the cave.

The Wildings are the people north of the Wall, and they all want to be south of the Wall because they are afraid of the White Walkers and the fact that their dead keep coming back to life. That is why Mance is willing to do anything to get through the gate, including surrendering.

Reaction Score
Okay. I waited a day to post this. Monday's N.Y.Post had 2 separate articles on GoT. The cover article on page 3 dealt with the season finale. Then there was a 3 page article starting on page 27 that dealt with various subjects:
How Tywin's murder puts the family Lannister in chaos
Thoughts on what will occur in season 5, which begins production next month-the Post even mentions the "mystery woman" & who will play the part.
The last page: POWER GAME-who's up. who's down-very similar to above threads

Good stuff, but don't read if you don't like a hint of spoilers.

Reaction Score
Alright up to season 4 episode 2 - not happy with the result of the little pr*ck King……..deserved a much bloodier end to his pitiful little tyranny…….

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Alright up to season 4 episode 2 - not happy with the result of the little pr*ck King……..deserved a much bloodier end to his pitiful little tyranny…….

Bleeding out his facial orifices is a pretty bloody ending.

I believe that Jack Gleeson, the actor that plays Joffrey, is going to retire for a while. That guy was basically guaranteed villain parts for the rest of his life after that Joffrey role. Malcolm McDowell gets a reprieve.

Reaction Score
Bleeding out his facial orifices is a pretty bloody ending.

I believe that Jack Gleeson, the actor that plays Joffrey, is going to retire for a while. That guy was basically guaranteed villain parts for the rest of his life after that Joffrey role. Malcolm McDowell gets a reprieve.

What, this guy?

Jack_Gleeson_%28August_2012%29_%28headshot%29.jpg

Reaction Score
Impressive binge watching, mau .. .

Actually had 3 days of meetings early this week in Bath ME and it was like I needed a syringe and a spoon!! LOL……….sorry to those with the real addictions but GofTs has me hooked!

#3 right now while on a teleconference LOL….mute of course

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No Bran or Hodor in Season 5. Bummer. While I haven't seen it written anywhere, I think there is about a 50% chance they recast Bran for Season 6. The actor who plays Bran is probably close to 6 feet tall now, while the books probably have a long way to go with Bran as a kid. If I were that actor, I would polish up my resume.

Not clear if we will see the Greyjoys next season. They were probably the best part of AFFC.

Reaction Score
No Bran or Hodor in Season 5. Bummer. While I haven't seen it written anywhere, I think there is about a 50% chance they recast Bran for Season 6. The actor who plays Bran is probably close to 6 feet tall now, while the books probably have a long way to go with Bran as a kid. If I were that actor, I would polish up my resume.

Not clear if we will see the Greyjoys next season. They were probably the best part of AFFC.

That is a bummer. I have a friend who's 6'6" and we started calling him Hodor and the name stuck. Every time Hodor is onscreen, the texts between us all start flying. "Hoooooooodor!!!!" That's gonna sorely be missed!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
My guess is a heavy dose of Arya, Cersei, Jon, Sam, Tyrion, and Danerys.

Reaction Score
That is a bummer. I have a friend who's 6'6" and we started calling him Hodor and the name stuck. Every time Hodor is onscreen, the texts between us all start flying. "Hoooooooodor!!!!" That's gonna sorely be missed!

is the series now officially departing from the books and they're killing off these characters?

Reaction Score
is the series now officially departing from the books and they're killing off these characters?
Nope, there just isn't much material from the books left for Bran and Hodor's story line. They'll probably save what is left for season 6 and then hopefully we will have the release of book 6 to build season 7 off of.

Reaction Score
Nope, there just isn't much material from the books left for Bran and Hodor's story line. They'll probably save what is left for season 6 and then hopefully we will have the release of book 6 to build season 7 off of.
Well they've already apparently had material (white walker morphing that baby mid-season this year) that hasn't come up in the books yet. Even if they have enough material in the next book to make it though the next THREE SEASONS, there's a whole book that is supposed to follow the one that is supposed to be published some time between 2015 and 2017(!!), and you have to imagine Game will go at least the standard 8 seasons. The show is just moving way too fast.

Reaction Score
Well they've already apparently had material (white walker morphing that baby mid-season this year) that hasn't come up in the books yet. Even if they have enough material in the next book to make it though the next THREE SEASONS, there's a whole book that is supposed to follow the one that is supposed to be published some time between 2015 and 2017(!!), and you have to imagine Game will go at least the standard 8 seasons. The show is just moving way too fast.
Not sure if you read the books but I think it's more of Martin taking forever to write the book. You can't move the show much slower if you want to maintain the quality that they've been able to sustain for 4 seasons. Book 1 came out in 1996, 2 in 1998, 3 in 2000 (pretty reasonable spread of time). Book 4 came out five years later in 2005 and is largely considered the worst of the series because it didn't have Daenerys, Jon Snow, or Tyrion (seriously). Book 5 came out SIX years after that in 2011 but was pretty awesome. Book 6 will be out in time for the show but 7 will be a stretch.

He'll have to drastically decrease the time he takes between books for this to be out before the show catches it. The show's producers apparently have details on what Martin's plan is for the ending in case anything happens but most book fans would like the book out before the show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom