Game knows game | The Boneyard

Game knows game

Reaction Score
This is amazing to watch, to savor history. Paige now at the top of the WCBB world is on friendly terms with the greatest players in history. Sue Bird even wears an autographed Bueckers jersey to the event. A high school kid comes to Storrs hoping to follow in the footsteps of her heroes and now they’re following her. This is Husky basketball. It’s the culture Geno and CD built.

I have a feeling the Husky pantheon is going to rally around Paige this season like never before.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure how you would consider Bueckers a "legend"? Least not on the DT/Moore/Stewart Tier.
I have to agree. Paige could be a legend. But, she hasn't done anything yet to be called a legend. NPOY as a freshman was spectacular. But, that empty space where a Natty goes needs to be filled. And yes, I know she was injured, I watch UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
The rules for getting on the wall — an NC — don’t apply to legendary status. That’s determined by what’s in her heart.. and in our hearts. Paige is definitely a legend in my heart!
A NC isn’t required for the Huskies of Honor. Kerry Bascom never won one and Bueckers will be on it regardless.

Reaction Score
I have to agree. Paige could be a legend. But, she hasn't done anything yet to be called a legend. NPOY as a freshman was spectacular. But, that empty space where a Natty goes needs to be filled. And yes, I know she was injured, I watch UConn basketball.
The rules for getting on the wall — an NC — don’t apply to legendary status. That’s determined by what’s in her heart.. and in our hearts. Paige is definitely a legend in my heart!
I realize the championship standard of UConn, but . . .

NPOY as a freshman. Still a shot at another

Injured, but took her unhealthy team to the championship game. Runner-up doesn't do it for UConn fans, but Caitlian Clark is being hailed by millions as a GOAT, and runner-up is as far as she took her team. so, . . . Page is one of the best I've ever seen and is THE most versatile at every phase of the game that I have ever seen. ( don't mean to offend, but I hope she takes UConn to another runner-up finish this year)

Reaction Score
Not sure how you would consider Bueckers a "legend"? Least not on the DT/Moore/Stewart Tier.
She did something none of the others ever did as a freshman. If not for her injuries and those of her teammates, who knows where she’d be now?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Injured, but took her unhealthy team to the championship game. Runner-up doesn't do it for UConn fans, but Caitlian Clark is being hailed by millions as a GOAT, and runner-up is as far as she took her team. so, . . . Page is one of the best I've ever seen and is THE most versatile at every phase of the game that I have ever seen. ( don't mean to offend, but I hope she takes UConn to another runner-up finish this year)
But not by UCONN fans. We just have higher standards. For GOAT, Legend, The Wall, expectations for a successful year. (ahem, building statues of former players :eek:) Just comes with the territory.

Oh and an injured DT (back) took her team (with no other AAs) to the NC game....and won it. Higher standard. Understandable someone from S. Carolina wouldn't understand. Some of the more recent UCONN fans, don't understand our standards.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She did something none of the others ever did as a freshman. If not for her injuries and those of her teammates, who knows where she’d be now?
Sure, but availability is a huge part of Legend.

Reaction Score
But not by UCONN fans. We just have higher standards. For GOAT, Legend, The Wall, expectations for a successful year. (ahem, building statues of former players :eek:) Just comes with the territory.

Oh and an injured DT (back) took her team (with no other AAs) to the NC game....and won it. Higher standard. Understandable someone from S. Carolina wouldn't understand. Some of the more recent UCONN fans, don't understand our standards.
I can take the jabs. Five years ago, they would have hurt. Now, I just say: "More Statues Please." I want another of Aliya but in robes of a scholar - wearing her signature shoes. You forgot red banners.

Back to Paige: Again, it is her versatility that stands out to me. Okay, leadership too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

You don't need to win a championship to be on the Wall. Per Geno's rules, you need to be a first team AP or WCBA All American - Paige qualified in her freshman year.

For a player to have her number retired, she needs to be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield MA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom