Game knows game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game knows game

Reaction Score
Has played 3 years and all 3 got to the final four. The one year she was out we didn’t make it. That NPOY as a frosh, none of the other “ legends” have done that. Not Maya,not DT, not Stewie , if you want to call PB a legend I have no issue with it!

Reaction Score
I have to agree. Paige could be a legend. But, she hasn't done anything yet to be called a legend. NPOY as a freshman was spectacular. But, that empty space where a Natty goes needs to be filled. And yes, I know she was injured, I watch UConn basketball.
I think she is on the cusp. Remember, her career has been derailed by injuries herself and being teams decimated by other injuries as well. I don't recall Bird, Stewart, DT... having multiple key pieces that were going to be counted on to contribute go down to injury.

Reaction Score
I think she is on the cusp. Remember, her career has been derailed by injuries herself and being teams decimated by other injuries as well. I don't recall Bird, Stewart, DT... having multiple key pieces that were going to be counted on to contribute go down to injury.
Why "on the cusp?" Her career has been "derailed?" A NPOY and two-time 1st team A/A in whcih she has led her team to Final Fours in every year she has partcipated along with one season she knocked off the defending champs as the leader - and yet you say her carer has been derailed by inhjuires?

In the 3 years that you play in which you are getting to at least the Final Four in which you are your team's absolute leader/best player and among the best in the game, how can it then be said that your career has ben derailed even in which you still have a 4th year to particpate?

Last edited:

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Has played 3 years and all 3 got to the final four. The one year she was out we didn’t make it. That NPOY as a frosh, none of the other “ legends” have done that. Not Maya,not DT, not Stewie , if you want to call PB a legend I have no issue with it!
You make a good point with the 3 final Fours, but imho some of the posters tnk tht she's close to the apex of the mountain but has yet to reach the top and plant the flag. Their counter to ur point is... gonna be
Maya had 2.....DT had 3......and Stewie 4.
Her first chapter was GREET!!!
Her middle chapters were filled with drama and pain.
How will the Final chapter play out?
I'm predicting tht they'll have to carve another player into the Legends Mt.
Whn they win the championship this year it'll be a K.O, it not the decision goes to the judges...and there's a whole lot of those.

Reaction Score
Why "on the cusp?" Her career has been "derailed?" A NPOY and two-time 1st team A/A in whcih she has led her team to Final Fours in every year she has partcipated along with one season she knocked off the defending champs as the leader - and yet you say her carer has been derailed by inhjuires?

In the 3 years that you play in which you are getting to at least the Final Four in which you are your team's absolute leader/best player and among the best in the game, how can it then be said that your career has ben derailed even in which you still have a 4th year to particpate?
I would say from her own expectations, I would stand by the word "derailed". It doesn't mean has been permanently so, but I don't know any one who expected this for her. I don't even think she needs a NC. Another final four appearance with her continued great play will put her there.
I think outside of Storrs, many casual fans don't give her the credit she deserves because of how efficient she is. As of right now, would you put her on UConn's Mt. Rushmore up with or ahead of Stewie, Lobo, DT, Bird, Moore, Charles, and a few more. I wouldn't consider it yet, but one more great season from her will put her clealry into the conversation for me.
Again, if they are healthy, I think with Strong, Ziebell, Cheli, along with healthy versions of Griffin, Fudd, Ducharme, El Afy, with a very experience sophomore group, Paige could have a season that will be talked about for a long time. They will be able to space the floor and she will many opportunities to take herself or find people.

Reaction Score
I would say from her own expectations, I would stand by the word "derailed". It doesn't mean has been permanently so, but I don't know any one who expected this for her. I don't even think she needs a NC. Another final four appearance with her continued great play will put her there.
I think outside of Storrs, many casual fans don't give her the credit she deserves because of how efficient she is. As of right now, would you put her on UConn's Mt. Rushmore up with or ahead of Stewie, Lobo, DT, Bird, Moore, Charles, and a few more. I wouldn't consider it yet, but one more great season from her will put her clealry into the conversation for me.
Again, if they are healthy, I think with Strong, Ziebell, Cheli, along with healthy versions of Griffin, Fudd, Ducharme, El Afy, with a very experience sophomore group, Paige could have a season that will be talked about for a long time. They will be able to space the floor and she will many opportunities to take herself or find people.
I don't believe as a senior in college she cares about how fans classify her as either "legend" or not.. Because there is no definition. So, we are left for ourselves to define it in our own way. So, I would stand by that she would in no way say her career has been derailed. Instead she would concede her team's chances of winning a title have been derailed because of injuries. During their great wins in NCAA or loses these past 2 years which she has played, Paige has made mention of how her team overcame so much to get where they are/ended up. I know for a fact after NC State win she is being quoted how they overcame injuries. That's not "her" being "derailed" because of her "play" that should knock her out from being "legend.". For me, this conversation is about "individual" legends. Not "team" legends.

As far as your point of "outside of Storrs . . . ," imo some UCONN fans don't give her the credit she deserves.

As far as Mt Rushmore, I never understood the point of mentioning just 4 when a starting team is made up of 5. But if we want to put top 4 on and call it "Rushmore," okay I can play. So, in this case, no-- Paige is not on- but the 4th is Lobo. So, does this mean that outside of top 4, then no their player can be considered a legend? SO, if we aren't talking top 4, then what's the point of "Rushmore?" Why should Paige be excluded just becuase she isn't top 4? Anyhow, for me, I use different criteria of looking at things through "Program Overview" perspective vs "Individual Player Performance" perspective (and I'm sure other criteria etc.). So, I would have left Tina off as an example even though i believe Tina's sr year that she was a better player than Lobo. So, in regard to your question about who I would put on Rushmore but then adding many other names, it would depend on our own criteria how we feel a player is part of "Rushmore."

But for this thread - the question was brought up if we feel she is "legend." For me 100% she is. I don't believe anyone is being fair if they don't classify her as such. The below link had a Boneyard Thread created "All time UConn WBB starting 5 as of today." Post # 47 on that thread I have Paige as one of my starters. And I have Tina as one of my bench players. I don't have Lobo on am 8 player rotation. But if we are to talk about The Player Impact to the UCONN Program" then imo Lobo is Rushmore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom