Game Friday not looking good | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Friday not looking good

Reaction Score
Wanting clarity is not the same as being unfeeling idiots. Apparently CT has a 10 day rule to isolate before anything else can happen.
The CDC has a 5 day recommendation IF the person is asymptomatic and is fully vaccinated. Last I saw the entire Basketball program was fully vaccinated. Of course players, coaches, or anyone else who has symptoms should not be involved! The 5 days of practice after clearing protocals could be problematic to opponents. That would make the minimum time from positive test to playing 15 days. That would make scheduling nearly impossible - that still assumes the players are actually healthy. if the current rules are that 7 players and 1 coach must be cleared of virus and injury in order to play in the game then to me it implies that if those conditions are met they you play. If you don't play then you forfeit. I wonder how Geno's 5 practice days fits into that scenario is all.

Reaction Score
I'm just saying, we've basically given up on trying to contain this thing. So if all the players are going to get it, it would be better for them to get it all now, rather than spread out throughout the season.

If we really don't want players (or young people) to get infected, we shouldn't be playing a season and should be in lockdown.
When you say 'we've basically given up,' I trust you mean you and those close to you?

At my age, I'm in no position to throw myself out there, even triple-vaxxed as I am, and 'basically give up' fighting Covid infection. It might happen but, thank goodness, not so far...

I try hard to understand your point and admit I might just be dull to those who don't want to bother fighting mass Covid infections. However, as Eyeroll and others have noted, scientists, doctors and certainly none of us know if Covid infection might have long-term effects. Long-term Lupus, Lyme and other afflictions are the bane of many people's lives. I pray Covid won't be added to that list as time goes on.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm just saying, we've basically given up on trying to contain this thing. So if all the players are going to get it, it would be better for them to get it all now, rather than spread out throughout the season.
If we really don't want players (or young people) to get infected, we shouldn't be playing a season and should be in lockdown.
Don't include me in that we! I will continue to do everything to contain this damn thing by protecting myself and the ones I love.
jim-valvano-dont-ever-give-up.gif

Reaction Score
Don't include me in that we! I will continue to do everything to contain this damn thing by protecting myself and the ones I love.
jim-valvano-dont-ever-give-up.gif

We as in society, as in the UCONN basketball team. With the Omicron variant, unless you're double masking with an N95 at all times and isolating you WILL get infected in the next few weeks. IT's a given. That's how fast it spreads.

If individually you're doing those things great! Probably best for your health. But we're beyond the days of "six feet apart", "wash your hands", "wear a cheap cloth mask" and everything will be fine. Fortunately we have vaccines that work and prevent serious illness, and Omicron seems to be inherently a bit milder.

If they were trying to contain it they'd be isolating the players and not playing any games or practices.

Reaction Score
When you say 'we've basically given up,' I trust you mean you and those close to you?

At my age, I'm in no position to throw myself out there, even triple-vaxxed as I am, and 'basically give up' fighting Covid infection. It might happen but, thank goodness, not so far...

I try hard to understand your point and admit I might just be dull to those who don't want to bother fighting mass Covid infections. However, as Eyeroll and others have noted, scientists, doctors and certainly none of us know if Covid infection might have long-term effects. Long-term Lupus, Lyme and other afflictions are the bane of many people's lives. I pray Covid won't be added to that list as time goes on.

I mean the NCAA. With how easy Omicron spreads if they actually cared about the players not getting COVID they should be isolating the players and not playing games or practices. That's the only way the players won't get infected. This thing spreads ridiculously effectively. We're past the days of "six feet apart" and "wash your hands" and "Wear a cloth mask". Those things really don't work anymore.

Reaction Score
I mean the NCAA. With how easy Omicron spreads if they actually cared about the players not getting COVID they should be isolating the players and not playing games or practices. That's the only way the players won't get infected. This thing spreads ridiculously effectively. We're past the days of "six feet apart" and "wash your hands" and "Wear a cloth mask". Those things really don't work anymore.
This isn't really an NCAA problem. It's up to the schools and conferences to decide. All the NCAA can really do is cancel the tournament and that's about it.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey if the entire team got vaccinated and now we have a few players/coaches/staff infected what does that tell you???? It tells me nobody knows anything about whats going on. Remember last year we were saying hey theres Covid but no flu? I heard alot of people saying that. Well now we have Covid the Flu and this new thing Omicron or whatever. What the heck is going on???? I will say this I dont care what anybody says every coaches first responsibility is to protect the health of their team coaches and staff. You cant be to careful. All these doctors who are suppose to know dont know based on what is going on in this country. Sit tight take care of you family stay away from crowds and be safe. I cant figure out how a few months ago we were doing so well and now out of nowhere we're worse off they we were a few months ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom