Game Day! | The Boneyard

Game Day!

Reaction Score
How will we start the game today? We need the energy and movement from the opening tip that we had against Ball State and which has to be our modus operandi from now on. Assuming Ash starts again, we need consistency building off of last game and her not expecting 17 points to just happen every game but understanding that every game she has to work hard for opportunities. She does not seem to be the former type of player but it will be interesting to see how she plays today. More confidence or frustration if things don't go her way and the defense is a lot tougher? For her and the other 3 freshmen, the mistakes on the defensive end have to be limited and on the offensive end they can't force moves or shots.

More than anything, we need Paige to continue her return to her former prowess and to take several more shots, hopefully 18-20. As a team, we cannot allow them to have open 3s at anytime, but especially not in the beginning when we can dig ourselves a hole. Aubrey and Liyah need to stay away from unnecessary fouls, like reach ins or illegal screens, and to rebound the ball well. All in all, our defense has to be locked in as a team.

It will be a very important game for us at this point since it is virtually a home game and one that we are expected to win against a Top 25 team. I think we will.

Reaction Score
Today is my 84th birthday and I'm hoping for a WIN as a nice present. :)
OMG! You were born right after WWII started in Europe. Oregon had won the first NCAA Men's Basketball Championship earlier that year. Gone With The Wind and Wizard Of Oz came out that year. It was an historic year. I think you will get your present.

Reaction Score
HB to a fellow octogenarian and husky fan. I'm just a little older and actually attended classes at Storrs back in the early 60's. I wonder how many of us there are, probably would surprise everyone. I lived in South Windsor and worked at Pratt & Whitney Aircraft in East Hartford. Now in Florida, can't do the cold weather anymore. Always a fan and also hoping for a WIN today.

Reaction Score
More than anything, we need Paige to continue her return to her former prowess and to take several more shots, hopefully 18-20.
Absolutely! 20 shots. But this is such an odd stat, because she can’t get 20 good shots unless the rest of the team steps up too. If Ashlynn and Qadence start hot, and they’ll be open for shots because of all the attention on Paige and Aaliyah, then Paige can get all the shots she wants. And if those three stay hot, then Aaliyah will be facing single coverage in the paint. This has always been the formula.

Originally it was going to be Azzi and Caroline getting hot to open up Paige and Aaliyah. When they went down, this role fell to the freshmen and, not surprisingly, they've struggled with it. It’s asking a lot of freshmen given our OOC schedule, and today against UNC it will again be difficult for them to find their confidence. We caught a glimpse of it against Ball St. We just need to see more of what they’ve already showed us.

If Ashlynn and Qadence finish in double figures, I think we’ll know that they’ve begun to find it. This is what I expect to see every game in the conference schedule:

• Ashlynn with 10+ points 4 rebounds 2 steals
  • Qadence with 10+, 4 rebounds
  • KK with 4+ points, 4 assists, 2 steals
  • Aaliyah with 18+ and 15 rebounds
  • Paige with 25+, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals
  • Nika with 6+, 5 rebounds 8 assists
  • Aubrey with 10+, 8 rebounds, 4 steals
  • Ice with 6 pts, 8+ rebounds

That’s how this team is built to succeed. Geno didn’t build it for this contingency, but it’s what he’s got now. Every time they can do this they will win.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not my birthday, but my age as well...6 months older
Still skiing and balling
Just through the Panama Canal, heading up the West coast of Nicaragua.
I've read the canal is on the dry side and traffic has been limited. What was your experience in making the transit?

Reaction Score
How will we start the game today? We need the energy and movement from the opening tip that we had against Ball State and which has to be our modus operandi from now on. Assuming Ash starts again, we need consistency building off of last game and her not expecting 17 points to just happen every game but understanding that every game she has to work hard for opportunities. She does not seem to be the former type of player but it will be interesting to see how she plays today. More confidence or frustration if things don't go her way and the defense is a lot tougher? For her and the other 3 freshmen, the mistakes on the defensive end have to be limited and on the offensive end they can't force moves or shots.

More than anything, we need Paige to continue her return to her former prowess and to take several more shots, hopefully 18-20. As a team, we cannot allow them to have open 3s at anytime, but especially not in the beginning when we can dig ourselves a hole. Aubrey and Liyah need to stay away from unnecessary fouls, like reach ins or illegal screens, and to rebound the ball well. All in all, our defense has to be locked in as a team.

It will be a very important game for us at this point since it is virtually a home game and one that we are expected to win against a Top 25 team. I think we will.
I'd too like Paige become the Paige of old. Lots of shots, with lull in the scoring Paige to pick up the points.
It is easy to forget they are humanoids or Humans. They have emotions, Bad days and good days. We've seen a machine for 30 years. Even machines have bad days and can't perform at the same level every day.
These Frosh--are Frosh with all that implies.
Enjoy the game, ignore the score, watch your favorite players and enjoy how well they play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom