Game Day! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Day!

Reaction Score
Absolutely! 20 shots. But this is such an odd stat, because she can’t get 20 good shots unless the rest of the team steps up too. If Ashlynn and Qadence start hot, and they’ll be open for shots because of all the attention on Paige and Aaliyah, then Paige can get all the shots she wants. And if those three stay hot, then Aaliyah will be facing single coverage in the paint. This has always been the formula.

Originally it was going to be Azzi and Caroline getting hot to open up Paige and Aaliyah. When they went down, this role fell to the freshmen and, not surprisingly, they've struggled with it. It’s asking a lot of freshmen given our OOC schedule, and today against UNC it will again be difficult for them to find their confidence. We caught a glimpse of it against Ball St. We just need to see more of what they’ve already showed us.

If Ashlynn and Qadence finish in double figures, I think we’ll know that they’ve begun to find it. This is what I expect to see every game in the conference schedule:

• Ashlynn with 10+ points 4 rebounds 2 steals
  • Qadence with 10+, 4 rebounds
  • KK with 4+ points, 4 assists, 2 steals
  • Aaliyah with 18+ and 15 rebounds
  • Paige with 25+, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals
  • Nika with 6+, 5 rebounds 8 assists
  • Aubrey with 10+, 8 rebounds, 4 steals
  • Ice with 6 pts, 8+ rebounds

That’s how this team is built to succeed. Geno didn’t build it for this contingency, but it’s what he’s got now. Every time they can do this they will win.
Concur with your assessment; will check the box scores with "compliance rates" for the W/L analysis... Pretty sure it will be 91.5% compliant today for the win

Reaction Score
Today is my 84th birthday and I'm hoping for a WIN as a nice present. :)
Somebody got their wish but you have to admit there were some heart palpitations along the way.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've read the canal is on the dry side and traffic has been limited. What was your experience in making the transit?
I was surprised having read what you noted...
The 167 thousand ton Norwegian Bliss had no difficulties. a routine (fascinating) experience

Reaction Score
Somebody got their wish but you have to admit there were some heart palpitations along the way.
The 4th quarter was ridiculous! But, we got the win!

Reaction Score
The 4th quarter was ridiculous! But, we got the win!
The crowd got a good laugh about mid-way into the 4th quarter when Paige was bringing the ball up court and she put her hand up like a stop sign. From that point forward the clock was UConn's friend. Curious, those who watched the game on TV, was the stop sign mentioned?

Whoa, 7 hours of basketball yesterday, only 1 of the 3 games turned out the way I wanted. The other 2 games were at least close and entertaining.

Reaction Score
The crowd got a good laugh about mid-way into the 4th quarter when Paige was bringing the ball up court and she put her hand up like a stop sign. From that point forward the clock was UConn's friend. Curious, those who watched the game on TV, was the stop sign mentioned?

Whoa, 7 hours of basketball yesterday, only 1 of the 3 games turned out the way I wanted. The other 2 games were at least close and entertaining.
Hey @Skeets - Over my years I've played in, watched live, and on TV when coaches with a lead in the 4th quarter go into a slow-down, do absolutely nothing, clock running offensive. I feel it's much better to just continue to play the game that got ya the lead in the first place! It has rarely made sense (without serious reason) to do that, and many, many times backfires and the team loses the game.

I don't recall necessarily seeing Paige putting up her hand as a stop sign midway through the 4th quarter. Paige, Nika and all point guards raise their hand when they want the attention of the team. So, if on this occasion it was meant to say "whoa" no more offense just run the clock (with plenty of time left in the game) then I missed it on TV. We won the game and that's what matters. I appreciated the nice birthday present. :)

Yes, I'm with you regarding the other two games.

Reaction Score
Hey @Skeets - Over my years I've played in, watched live, and on TV when coaches with a lead in the 4th quarter go into a slow-down, do absolutely nothing, clock running offensive. I feel it's much better to just continue to play the game that got ya the lead in the first place! It has rarely made sense (without serious reason) to do that, and many, many times backfires and the team loses the game.

I don't recall necessarily seeing Paige putting up her hand as a stop sign midway through the 4th quarter. Paige, Nika and all point guards raise their hand when they want the attention of the team. So, if on this occasion it was meant to say "whoa" no more offense just run the clock (with plenty of time left in the game) then I missed it on TV. We won the game and that's what matters. I appreciated the nice birthday present. :)

Yes, I'm with you regarding the other two games.
I suspect several things came into play. First the short rotation had the primary players playing a lot of minutes in a very physical game. They were probably starting to get gassed (and banged up). Second, at that stage of the game, there was no way UConn was going to lose. UConn did score following the slow down, they gave up very little in MOV. They didn't slow down defensively. So, in this case it worked.

BTW, Happy Birthday.

Reaction Score
I suspect several things came into play. First the short rotation had the primary players playing a lot of minutes in a very physical game. They were probably starting to get gassed (and banged up). Second, at that stage of the game, there was no way UConn was going to lose. UConn did score following the slow down, they gave up very little in MOV. They didn't slow down defensively. So, in this case it worked.

BTW, Happy Birthday.
Thanks for the BD wish. Although I would be a fool not to agree with what you've said. However, I've seen many points scored in just a few minutes when blood is in the water. I'd be very surprised if you haven't as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom