Game 5 - Just Simply | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game 5 - Just Simply

Reaction Score
They didn’t allow 50 pts and yes I know defense just horrendous we need to work on fundamentals badly. More gang tackles
Cincy had their backup QB in in the third quarter. Their third QB in the 4th quarter. This is absurd.

Reaction Score
Cincy had their backup QB in in the third quarter. Their third QB in the 4th quarter. This is absurd.
Tell me about it. Uconn will improve will it be this year probably not but hoping to be more competitive. We will get back to those good years again it does take time unfortunately

Reaction Score
Questionable is being nice.
They are college kids and their families read the board.

I honestly question if these kids can improve like this. They seem so lost and tentative, I worry they will be shellshocked. There is no one on the team they could learn from.

Reaction Score

I honestly question if these kids can improve like this. They seem so lost and tentative, I worry they will be shellshocked. There is no one on the team they could learn from.
they're clearly overwhelmed. almost no one on defense is ready to be a starter

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

It does beg important questions about development. Exposure its beneficial to a point--I'm not sure how positive an experience this season is for our freshmen. I hope they are able to improve despite the circumstances

Reaction Score
So the question is, could they be damaged long term? Can't be good for the psyche to set records for futility.

Reaction Score
So the question is, could they be damaged long term? Can't be good for the psyche to set records for futility.
I think it can still be beneficial, if the scheme stays the same. If we end up with a different coordinator then a lot of it was pointless. If they have to go through this gauntlet and then re-learn a bunch of stuff again next year it's probably going to be even more frustrating

Reaction Score
I think it can still be beneficial, if the scheme stays the same. If we end up with a different coordinator then a lot of it was pointless. If they have to go through this gauntlet and then re-learn a bunch of stuff again next year it's probably going to be even more frustrating
If Crocker is back, some posters are gonna have aneurysms. I personally dont put this on him. We are a mess.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If Crocker is back, some posters are gonna have aneurysms. I personally dont put this on him. We are a mess.

Those posters were calling for him to be fired after Holy Cross and were actually surprised that Randy didn't pull the plug then. Pay them no mind.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I am sticking it out! It’s years like this that will help me enjoy the national title that they will eventually win down the road

Reaction Score
I am sticking it out! It’s years like this that will help me enjoy the national title that they will eventually win down the road
What we need is a Barry Alvarez type builder.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with whatever Randy wants to do. He's not stupid. He knows what good coaching from his coordinator spots looks like. I was more disappointed with the offense today, anyway. We did improve on defense for a lot of the game. We got them into more third downs and did some good things. Effort was an issue but I think that's more from players being unsure and tentative than lacking will or anything like that

Reaction Score
That’s what Edsall just said on postgame... He also took the blame for not being able to find the right messaging for this team to get them to play aggressive and loose (paraphrased).
You mean the fact that he stood on the sidelines, arms folded, with a deer in the headlights expression 90% of the game?

Reaction Score
I can certainly envision some of the freshman thinking after so many beatdowns, and the fact that they'll lose their starting QB and think so do I really want to go thru this again? I see a lot of kids moving on after the season. Tough downward spiral to get out of.

Reaction Score
Fun stat. On our current trajectory, we will have allowed the most yards per game of any team since the early 2000's, and probably ever. We would break the record by about 100 yards per game. Wild, even considering we have faced the 2 best offenses we will see all season.

Reaction Score
They didn’t allow 50 pts and yes I know defense just horrendous we need to work on fundamentals badly. More gang tackles
This has to be a joke, please tell me this is a joke, something tells me you aren't joking.

Reaction Score
So at least they looked a little better steps forward

I think the step forward and stops were Cincy's center having his rb roll on his ankle and have the second string center come in with a bad snap. They could have dropped 70 or 80 if they didn't bring in their backups in q3. That was about as bad a butt kicking as you can get at home. Brutal.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Don't bother some people think it's funny to be snarky and we hope the kids and parents see through some of the ridicule
I hear you about your concern and I have wondered the same time a few times this season. RE needs to do some serious thinking and some decision making this week

Reaction Score
Don't bother some people think it's funny to be snarky and we hope the kids and parents see through some of the ridicule
I hear you about your concern and I have wondered the same time a few times this season. RE needs to do some serious thinking and some decision making this week
I'm not perfect in the game threads, but as a general rule I dont like calling out individual players.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Yeah same here. I am not going to go for the rest of the year--maybe one more game, but that's it. absolutely not buying season tickets for next year
Phil , or Steve I think your name is, stay strong. We need you.

Reaction Score
Impossible to remember a team so totally outclassed and out coached for such a consistently long period of games
Maybe they need to face a team with a loss... the competition has been pretty good.

C

Chief00

Yeah same here. I am not going to go for the rest of the year--maybe one more game, but that's it. absolutely not buying season tickets for next year

Hang in there, I understand but things will improve. It might just be addition by subtraction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom