Game 5 - Just Simply | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game 5 - Just Simply

Reaction Score
They actually play Sterling on the short field. 225lb MLB. 214, 225 and 197 on the back of the DL near the goal line.

Reaction Score
Well I got flamed for saying this is still the pre-season with a freshman team on the field. Next year it will be a junior varsity and in 2020 UConn will have a varsity team in the AAC. My only hope is that the AAC still wants UConn.

Reaction Score
That missed field goal was killer. Total momentum swing. It looked like we were going to punch it in for a TD with less than a minute left to make it 14-14 going into the half. Instead, we settle for the field goal, miss it, and Cincinnati drives the length of the field in less than a minute to make it 21-7. The whole team wasn't the same after that missed FG.
I thought they gave up in the 2nd half. I thought we out played them in the first half except for the last five minutes. It easily could have been 14-7 UConn, and I thought the refs took some of the wind out of our sails. The defense played well for stretches in the first half, there were some stretches of 3 and outs for Cincinnati. Near the end of the first half though and the 2nd half the kids just gave up. I'd have put Washington in at the start of the 2nd half, he has a better arm than Pindell, much better lateral movement, to the point where he can escape on coming pass rushers and find open receivers, or run the ball OOB for 5 or 6 yards. It's very hard for defenses to get a hand on him even if it's a blitz. His ability to throw on the run is 100% better than Pindell's. I would start Washington at QB and bring in Pindell as a slot back or to give Washington a rest.

Reaction Score
Sorry but yes unfortunately that’s just how rebuilding works. You can disagree all you want I played football that’s how it goes unless u have a great winning season

Reaction Score
Sorry but yes unfortunately that’s just how rebuilding works. You can disagree all you want I played football that’s how it goes unless u have a great winning season
I think you may have had too many concussions, then. Pindell is the best player on the team. Show me a coach who doesn't play his best player.

Reaction Score
I think you may have had too many concussions, then. Pindell is the best player on the team. Show me a coach who doesn't play his best player.
I understand that but if you on a losing record it’s like any sport get your young’s experience. Plus, sorry to say pindell is shirrefs yeah he is good but not amazing

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Fatukasi, JJospeh, Ormsby, Luke, Summers. Heck, I miss Trey Bell.

Tre Bell and a healthy THW would've been decent this year. I was highly disappointed with the freshman CBs' efforts today.

Reaction Score
I understand that but if you on a losing record it’s like any sport get your young’s experience. Plus, sorry to say pindell is shirrefs yeah he is good but not amazing
you are clueless. I won't bother responding to your posts anymore.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Washington looked even worse than Pindell against second stringers, seriously guy of here and keep the garbage you're slinging with you

Reaction Score
you are clueless. I won't bother responding to your posts anymore.
Okay I am clueless being a fan for years okay it’s fine we all have our opinions.

Reaction Score
Washington looked even worse than Pindell against second stringers, seriously guy of here and keep the garbage you're slinging with you
That’s because he never played a lick of college football he redshirted last year lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Randy needs to address the jogging yo the ball while the play is still live. That to me is the biggest red flag. The hustle and effort are questionable
Questionable is being nice.

Reaction Score
I honestly think we had good chances to score today but just couldn’t. Why didn’t we ever run the play with buss that led him to td before. Our offense we look good then just flatline. pindell did overthrow and underthrow today, but defense didn’t help with LB and defense being pushed around

Reaction Score
Wait what? Allowing 659 yards of offense is "stopping" a team?
They didn’t allow 50 pts and yes I know defense just horrendous we need to work on fundamentals badly. More gang tackles

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom