• Gabby

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Lou

Votes: 81 87.1%

• Total voters

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She takes more because she can hit more than a layup or from 3 feet away : -)

And.................just like the offense was designed to go through Stewie last year, now it goes through Lou (she's their first option).

Reaction Score
The answer to your self imposed question is NO. Gabby, unfortunately, in the next year will be inhibited by two apparently top post players, limiting her time and rebound opportunities. This year shall be her most productive and most opportunities. Gabby was slowed by the golden 3, Tuck, Stew, Moriah--had this year to really show what a top talent she truly is--and next year with; what! 15 players--something has to give--and that will be game minutes. A darn shame, but it is what it is--Geno is overwhelmed with and abundance of talent --NEXT YEAR.
Have you done the math on this? Gabby should have 18 more games this year. If she maintains her average of 8.7 rpg that's 157, which would give her 762. She would then need 238 in around 39 games. That's 6.1 rpg. Not saying that she'll do it, but it's certainly doable, even with more limited minutes and having to compete with Z and Batouly. Count me skeptical BTW that Batouly gets huge minutes next year. Geno likes a short rotation, and I expect the starters (and Gabby will be one) will still average more than 25 mpg. A good estimate IMO is that Gabby gets 15% fewer minutes and 10% to 15% fewer rebounds/minute. That would put her right around 1,000 if she stays healthy.

Reaction Score
Don't forget that Azura can also step outside and hit the three, so Gabby should still have plenty of rebounding opportunities next year

Reaction Score
Have you done the math on this? Gabby should have 18 more games this year. If she maintains her average of 8.7 rpg that's 157, which would give her 762. She would then need 238 in around 39 games. That's 6.1 rpg. Not saying that she'll do it, but it's certainly doable, even with more limited minutes and having to compete with Z and Batouly. Count me skeptical BTW that Batouly gets huge minutes next year. Geno likes a short rotation, and I expect the starters (and Gabby will be one) will still average more than 25 mpg. A good estimate IMO is that Gabby gets 15% fewer minutes and 10% to 15% fewer rebounds/minute. That would put her right around 1,000 if she stays healthy.
You arithmetic looks good. It is predicated on, not so much this year as next year. I was concentrating on both this and next year--(we each made assumptions--) mine was based on the 15 players to be in the schedule--admittedly 6 may not be in the rotation--never the less she, Gabby, will be competing with Batouly, probably Walker, Collier for time--.
There is no arguing this--it is opinion vs opinion--the only proof is next year.
If you argued thought process vs process--you'd probably win.

Reaction Score
Seemed like your 'concern' i.e. that Lou was looking for more points lately was pretty spot on! :)

Not to nit pick a single word---but CONCERN for Katie Lou to be looking to make more points--Hal A LOU Ya!!! Rejoice believers rejoice!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What was Geno's phrase last night: "Lou inconspicuously (or "quietly") doing her thing...." :)

Reaction Score

One poster thinking beyond minutes played --had an excellent reason why Gabby could not achieve her 1000 rebounds---Azura! If Azura or Batuoly either or are in the game with Gabby --they shall pull down some if not many of those Gabby now gets. I think we both overlooked that one. Again--only next year will tell.

Reaction Score
What was Geno's phrase last night: "Lou inconspicuously (or "quietly") doing her thing...." :)
Not many since DT were conspicuous in many phases of the game. Katie Lou is just following the trend (or Christine). Can we call her the inconspicuous assassin?
That's a brain full--how about just --the Quiet Assassin .

Reaction Score
3 votes went to Gabby...
After South Carolina Gabby needs 21 points.... (she scored 26!!!!!!!!! against SC)....
Lou needs 73.....

Looks like Gabby will beat Lou afterall.....

And for her to do so she needed this 26 points against SC and I could not be happier to be wrong in my life...

Reaction Score
Very likely Gabby gets it tonight... sure hope so, to help ensure the victory. Lou COULD get it Saturday against Memphis... but one would think surely no later than USF game. GO HUSKEYS!!!

Reaction Score
I am going to be odd person out here and take Gabby by a game. The reason why is that I think it's easier for Gabby to over exceed her scoring average than Lou exceed hers. The only concern with the pick is that Lou seems more determined of late to score and I can see her having 30+ pt game(s) if she gets hot.... Otherwise it will be hard to get much over 20pts when she will likely be playing only 3 quarters during conference play.

I am replying to myself to give myself a pat on the back as I was one of the few to get it right and the first to pick Gabby...

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I can admit I was wrong. Congratulations Gabby!! You are now in the 1,000 points club.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Gabby Williams (the best all around player in WCBB) on getting her 1,000th point. Who would have guessed it would come from a jump shot? :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom