Gabby or Lou???

Who reaches 1000 points first

• Gabby

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Lou

Votes: 81 87.1%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
First off I can not say how much I enjoy watching both of these young ladies play. They are entertaining and impressive what they can do on the court. But.... here is my question. Who will be the first of the two to reach 1000 points?

Gabby has 843 points total and is averaging 11.9 ppg. She would need 13 games to reach 1000 points.
Lou has 737 points total and is averaging 20.9 ppg. She would also need 13 games to reach 1000 points....

So.... who gets there first?
My money is on Lou..... but I think it would be awesome if they both reached that milestone at the same time.

Also 13 Games would put them at USF in the last game of the regular season.

Reaction Score
Lou's much more likely to put big numbers when it comes to scoring. That's not a negative reflection on Gabby; she puts up big numbers in every other category.

Reaction Score
Completely different question that seems interesting to me: Can Gabby finish her career with 1000 rebounds? She had 431 through her first two years at UConn, and has 134 so far this year (she's upped her RPG significantly).

With potentially as many as 60 games (plus or minus) remaining in her career, it looks like she can do it if she stays healthy. Not too shabby...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Probably not with Z hanging around the basket next year. But Gabby will accentuate her other ways of discombobulating teams, such as steals.
Yup. And, one hopes, Batouly. (maybe not at the same time)

Reaction Score
I am going to be odd person out here and take Gabby by a game. The reason why is that I think it's easier for Gabby to over exceed her scoring average than Lou exceed hers. The only concern with the pick is that Lou seems more determined of late to score and I can see her having 30+ pt game(s) if she gets hot.... Otherwise it will be hard to get much over 20pts when she will likely be playing only 3 quarters during conference play.

Reaction Score
Lou's much more likely to put big numbers when it comes to scoring. That's not a negative reflection on Gabby; she puts up big numbers in every other category.
100% agreed. Never meant to be a slight on Gabby. That Girl is AMAZING!!!

Reaction Score
Lou with 23 points in the first half against Tulsa. Gabby with 9. Both around their average and all in the first half....

And I hear you Los24.... You have a great point. But I think in AAC play their averages will be higher....

Reaction Score
01Neaggrad02, never thought of it as slighting Gabby. She is amazing without question. As they said of Dominique Wilkins - "The Human Highlight Reel".

Reaction Score
I am going to be odd person out here and take Gabby by a game. The reason why is that I think it's easier for Gabby to over exceed her scoring average than Lou exceed hers. The only concern with the pick is that Lou seems more determined of late to score and I can see her having 30+ pt game(s) if she gets hot.... Otherwise it will be hard to get much over 20pts when she will likely be playing only 3 quarters during conference play.

I don't want to feel like a con so I am not changing my vote, but after tonight's game I think "my concern" is coming to fruition.....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't want to feel like a con so I am not changing my vote, but after tonight's game I think "my concern" is coming to fruition.....
Seemed like your 'concern' i.e. that Lou was looking for more points lately was pretty spot on! :)

Reaction Score
Lou is most likely the one to hit 1,000 first. She takes more shots and most of her shots are from behind the arc. Gabby will likely hit it this year also but is not the offensive shooter Lou is. She's the better all around basketball player (and my favorite player) but my choice is KLS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lou is most likely the one to hit 1,000 first. She takes more shots and most of her shots are from behind the arc. Gabby will likely hit it this year also but is not the offensive shooter Lou is. She's the better all around basketball player (and my favorite player) but my choice is KLS.

They are both great. Curious if they both declared for draft after this year who would get picked first? If a team needed a guard or small forward.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
They are both great. Curious if they both declared for draft after this year who would get picked first? If a team needed a guard or small forward.
It has been noted elsewhere that Gabby is a hybrid at the next level who probably needs to improve her outside shooting a tad to play consistent minutes professionally. KLS is a lock with her current skill set for shooting guard/small forward if the rebounding skills continue to improve. Not a knock on Gabby at all who is 1st AA worthy!

Reaction Score
In the last three games Lou has scored 96 points. Now at 803 she is only 197 points away and she averages 21.9. In other words 9 more games.....

Reaction Score
Lou is at 863 so she needs 137 points and is averaging 21.7 ppg. So that is 6.3 games...... of course if she can do 23 points a game she will do it in 6...

Gabby is at 918 needing 82 more and is averaging 12.7 ppg.... so that is 6.4 games... of course if she can do 14 points a game like she has been doing it will be done in 6 games. How awesome would it be if they both did it the same night :)

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I love Gabby, but I think Lou will reach 1,000 points before her. Lou can score from anywhere on the floor and at will.

Reaction Score
Completely different question that seems interesting to me: Can Gabby finish her career with 1000 rebounds? She had 431 through her first two years at UConn, and has 134 so far this year (she's upped her RPG significantly).

With potentially as many as 60 games (plus or minus) remaining in her career, it looks like she can do it if she stays healthy. Not too shabby...
The answer to your self imposed question is NO. Gabby, unfortunately, in the next year will be inhibited by two apparently top post players, limiting her time and rebound opportunities. This year shall be her most productive and most opportunities. Gabby was slowed by the golden 3, Tuck, Stew, Moriah--had this year to really show what a top talent she truly is--and next year with; what! 15 players--something has to give--and that will be game minutes. A darn shame, but it is what it is--Geno is overwhelmed with and abundance of talent --NEXT YEAR.

Reaction Score
I love Gabby, but I think Lou will reach 1,000 points before her. Lou can score from anywhere on the floor and at will.
Gabby has but this year and next to achieve 1000 points--KLS has this and 2 more. Each next year shall see some limiting of their PT to accommodate 15 players albeit 4 are freshman 3 are sophs(2 with limited time this year)--next year will be interesting in the things we won't be allowed to say. (I didn't say it)

Reaction Score
If they both have 999, I see Gabby getting the assist on Lou's 1000th bucket...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Probably not with Z hanging around the basket next year. But Gabby will accentuate her other ways of discombobulating teams, such as steals.

Good point. Gabby is doing what Geno needs her to do THIS year. Next year, Geno may need her to do other things, as Azura (6'6") will no doubt be patrolling the paint next season looking to block shots and rebound too. Gabby will still look to rebound, as will Napheesa, but with a 6'6" teammate in close proximity to you, potential rebounds may not be as plentiful as they are now.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Plus, she usually takes more shots per game.

Reaction Score
They will both reach the milestone at the exact same time, on the same basket, setting yet another record that will never be equalled.

You heard it here first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom