Gabby (Migraine) | The Boneyard

Gabby (Migraine)

Reaction Score
Anybody at the game see anything to add to why Geno benched Gabby? I saw a terrible pass and some poor defense. But to bench her for the entire 2nd half? Strong.

How can he not start Z after the way she is playing? I suspect Gabby comes off the bench now. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Anybody at the game see anything to add to why Geno benched Gabby? I saw a terrible pass and some poor defense. But to bench her for the entire 2nd half? Strong.

How can he not start Z after the way she is playing? I suspect Gabby comes off the bench now. Thoughts?
Gabby starts. She earned it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Anybody can have an off day and Geno is coaching for March and has benched stars before. I suspect Gabby was spiraling down, as admittedly she has gotten on herself before, and Geno said Nope, gonna cut this off.

Reaction Score
Agree with Rocky. That is why I think he will start Z for now and Gabby off the bench. March/April is a long way away. But what do I know. IGWT = In Geno we trust.

Reaction Score
When I started watching the game in the last minute of play (missed all the drama with them trailing for most of the game!) and heard that Gabby hadn't been playing in the 2nd half, I thought she must've been injured or something, it seemed so odd. Glad to have been wrong on that one. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, I suspect Geno (like any good coach) considers an early season loss to be something that can be learned from. It's not that he wanted to lose, of course, but rather that he felt teaching Gabby a lesson about needing to focus was a higher priority than having the best on-paper team out on the floor. (edit: and the way she had apparently been playing, who knows if she would have made a difference anyway, he might have been thinking)

Reaction Score
Did not see the whole game but why was Gabby not playing at all in the 4th quarter?

Reaction Score
Agree with Rocky. That is why I think he will start Z for now and Gabby off the bench. March/April is a long way away. But what do I know. IGWT = In Geno we trust.

I would be stunned if Gabby isn't starting next game. Shocked. Actually I'm shocked anyone would even consider it. On top of it Lou might need a break again.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Even if Gabby had been playing remotely close to her usual level of capabilities, we were getting trashed on the boards by their bigger front line. I thought the combination of Stevens and KLS in there at the same time gave us much more size to combat the rebounding advantage they were enjoying. It also bodes well for the future if we find we're up against a team with a lot of front line size.

Reaction Score
Sitting a senior during the biggest game of the year, is very harsh. Gabby most likely will never get the opportunity to play ND again.
The kids are only there for only 4 years, so to take something that away from a great player was very un-fair

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Sitting a senior during the biggest game of the year, is very harsh. Gabby most likely will never get the opportunity to play ND again.
The kids are only there for only 4 years, so to take something that away from a great player was very un-fair

Wrong. Geno’s teams are pretty decently coached. They know what they are supposed to be doing, and they know what happens when they don’t do it. Gabby is a very smart athlete. She will adapt, grow, and be OK and ready to go next game.

Reaction Score
Life is not suppose to be fair!!!!! Get over it. This is D1 b-ball, everyone doesn’t get a trophy and everyone doesn’t get to play. In the real world if you don’t get the job done you get replaced. Geno is preparing the Girls for the real world.

Reaction Score

Is this a joke? A kid's feelings are more important than winning a game or planning to win future games?

Reaction Score
Life is not suppose to be fair!!!!! Get over it. This is D1 b-ball, everyone doesn’t get a trophy and everyone doesn’t get to play. In the real world if you don’t get the job done you get replaced. Geno is preparing the Girls for the real world.

That poster I think forgot to post the sarcastic emoji.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Welcome to Division 1 college basketball. Geno has done this before. These young ladies know what is expected and what needs to be done. Ask Stewie. Gabby will be fine.

Reaction Score
Seems harsh to me also. This was ND it wasn't a AAC game where Geno benched Stewie and Co. Maybe some of the other BYers can provide an example where a Sue Bird or DT was benched against a top 5 team.

There are 2 ways Gabby can respond to this. Lets hope Geno knows how she will.

Reaction Score
Seems harsh to me also. This was ND it wasn't a AAC game where Geno benched Stewie and Co. Maybe some of the other BYers can provide an example where a Sue Bird or DT was benched against a top 5 team.

There are 2 ways Gabby can respond to this. Lets hope Geno knows how she will.

Ridiculous. Anyhow go read the migraine thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom