Future UCONN coach (merged threads) | The Boneyard

Future UCONN coach (merged threads)

Reaction Score
Having watched the DePaul pregame interview, I am more convinced than ever that Kia Nurse is super smart and super basketball savvy. She also represents all that we love about our women. I hope that within ten years, she is our coach. She can only do that if she does double duty with WNBA/coaching experience.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Having watched the DePaul pregame interview, I am more convinced than ever that Kia Nurse is super smart and super basketball savvy. She also represents all that we love about our women. I hope that within ten years, she is our coach. She can only do that if she does double duty with WNBA/coaching experience.
I’ve got Kia pegged as the future Prime Minister of Canada.

Reaction Score
Kia would be a fantastic coach, but not the next one--too soon. Much as I love Jen, I'm thinking her teammate is the next UConn coach:

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 5.35.32 PM.png

Reaction Score
Kia and Gabby are natural born athletes. We are so lucky to have both of them ...

Today will be Geno's 999 wins, just a remind.

Reaction Score
We can hope, RD! I'm thinking CD is 57 right now, and could be 65ish when Geno retires. That might work for a couple of years, but, in building for the future, they need someone much younger. And, CD might retire with Geno.
Yeah that sounds about right for CD's age. She has also said that she is retiring when Geno does. Either one of her or Geno could potentially make their presence known around the program for a year or two after to help with the transition, but the next UConn coach will probably not be anyone currently associated with the program.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I swear I was just thinking the same thing while watching her DePaul pre-game interview. I'd use an old saw of a quote, but great minds merely think. Only on occasion do they think alike. Now, maybe not at UConn, but somewhere at some time.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I’ve got Kia pegged as the future Prime Minister of Canada.
Honestly, I think she could almost step right in to the role of press secretary for the Canadian PM.

I would like to see more UConn WCBB alumni develop stellar careers that are unrelated to basketball -- we really haven't seen much of that despite all the impressive women that have gone through the program. I would like to read about some former UConn player on the front page or the business page, not necessarily the sports page.

Reaction Score
I would not want to be the person that follows Mr Geno..... Not a good history of success for those folks that replaced Legends in the coaching world..... But then again, I would never be in that position so it will be fun to watch when it happens.....

Reaction Score
Kia would be a fantastic coach, but not the next one--too soon. Much as I love Jen, I'm thinking her teammate is the next UConn coach:

View attachment 26796

Carla is a proven HC. Puts her ahead of assistants who specialize. I have watched her in Div III and she knows how to coach. A better choice than Jen or current assistants.
So, I will give Carla a ten year career as UCONN HC. By then Kia will be ready (and I will probably be dead).

Reaction Score
Carla is a proven HC. Puts her ahead of assistants who specialize. I have watched her in Div III and she knows how to coach. A better choice than Jen or current assistants.
So, I will give Carla a ten year career as UCONN HC. By then Kia will be ready (and I will probably be dead).
Liking everything you said except that you'd be dead by then....

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The only problem with that is Berube has said several times that she is very happy in her current position and that she has no desire to coach elsewhere.

The other problem is that being a successful DIII coach doesn't necessarily equate to being successful coach at the UConn level.

Reaction Score

That the premiere program would hire a D3 coach is beyond ludicrous.

Reaction Score
As soon as I saw the title I knew what was coming. Yes, she could be a great coach.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Looks like the Blue demons are going to try to trap Danger at every opportunity

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What a pace. This game's gonna be fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors