5. USF (H)
6. Utah State (A)
7. Wyoming (H)
8. Temple (A)
9. Buffalo (A)
10. Sacred Heart (H)
11. Georgia (A)
12. UMass (H)

We can schedule P5 teams the first four weeks of the season and should do so. We can also schedule a body bag game against an elite SEC opponent during their body bad week.

Reaction Score
Considering the Big Ten previously balked on expanding with those two, I would disagree.

They didn’t balk. The bided their time to get them at a cut rate because they knew the PAC 12 was dead. Everyone but George Kliavkoff and Stewart Mandel knew this.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Wait. USF is in the AAC. I thought the AAC was bad and the root cause of all of our troubles.

Now you are lauding the fact they are on the schedule.

Which is it?
USF isn't the problem. They were also in the Big East. I don't have a problem playing two AAC schools (Temple, USF, etc.) as we do need to fill out the schedule and won't be able to schedule 9 P5 opponents like Notre Dame. Don't be pedantic.

Reaction Score
Anyway, this is the kind of schedule that we can and should strive to make:
1. Syracuse (H)
2. UNC (A)
3. NC State (A)
4. BC (H)
5. USF (H)
6. Utah State (A)
7. Wyoming (H)
8. Temple (A)
9. Buffalo (A)
10. Sacred Heart (H)
11. Georgia (A)
12. UMass (H)

We can schedule P5 teams the first four weeks of the season and should do so. We can also schedule a body bag game against an elite SEC opponent during their body bad week.

Maybe we can get Bryant and Delaware to uograde and play house with us!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
They didn’t balk. The bided their time to get them at a cut rate because they knew the PAC 12 was dead. Everyone but George Kliavkoff and Stewart Mandel knew this.
The Pac-12 died when the Big 10 raided it. The other three then left for the Big 12 (at least two were kicking and screaming- see Arizona State and Utah).

Reaction Score
USF isn't the problem. They were also in the Big East. I don't have a problem playing two AAC schools (Temple, USF, etc.) as we do need to fill out the schedule and won't be able to schedule 9 P5 opponents like Notre Dame. Don't be pedantic.

I’m not being pedantic.

I’m pointing out the holes in your awfully flawed logic.

We’re not on track to be BYU or even Liberty. We’re a nice squishy cupcake. And we won’t be making much progress with this strategy.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I’m not being pedantic.

I’m pointing out the holes in your awfully flawed logic.

We’re not on track to be BYU or even Liberty. We’re a nice squishy cupcake. And we won’t be making much progress with this strategy.
We won six games last year using this strategy. The only thing missing was one additional P5 road game as opposed to Ball State. Either way we would have gone 6-6. You are overly emotional about a 0-3 start. I get it.

Reaction Score
The Pac-12 died when the Big 10 raided it. The other three then left for the Big 12 (at least two were kicking and screaming- see Arizona State and Utah).

Yes we all know the story. Everyone saw this happening from a mile away.

We were never as close as you imagine. And if they had to go to plan B they might still have passed. They might have just waited for the ACC to implode.

Even now the ACC could fall apart and we could still get passed over.

Reaction Score
We won six games last year using this strategy. The only thing missing was one additional P5 road game as opposed to Ball State. Either way we would have gone 6-6. You are overly emotional about a 0-3 start. I get it.

Last year was smoke and mirrors buddy.

Reaction Score
Anyway, this is the kind of schedule that we can and should strive to make:
1. Syracuse (H)
2. UNC (A)
3. NC State (A)
4. BC (H)
5. USF (H)
6. Utah State (A)
7. Wyoming (H)
8. Temple (A)
9. Buffalo (A)
10. Sacred Heart (H)
11. Georgia (A)
12. UMass (H)

Why would the #1 team in the country risk any injury week 11 in any season before SEC and post season games?
We need to create some type excitement last few games of the season....not sure UMass moves the needle

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Why would the #1 team in the country risk any injury week 11 in any season before SEC and post season games?
We need to create some type excitement last few games of the season....not sure UMass moves the needle
I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence. SEC teams regularly play a weaker non-conference opponent at home the second to last game of the season.

P5 schools don't generally have openings (other than the SEC and ACC teams the 2nd to last game of the season) in the second half of the season. It is what is. BYU ran into the same problem which is why they front-loaded the P5 opponents.

Reaction Score
We were one meeting away from the P5 back in August. Sure, it was more about basketball, but we were almost in.
Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades! But I'm with you on remaining independent.

Reaction Score
I think we are going to have to live with giving the ACC teams 2 home games to one home game for us. Perhaps, we can get BC and SU to make the 3rd game a neutral site game, Gillette and Yankee Stadium
I doubt any ACC school would give up a home game to play UCONN ay yhis point. As an SU alum I would be furious.

Reaction Score
Overreaction. I'm mad too, but we will get better.

Not really. We caught schools like Fresno and Liberty at the nadir of their season.

We literally haven’t won a game since Liberty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom