Fury v. Wilder | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fury v. Wilder

Reaction Score
I was amazed at their size Wilder is 6’7” and he is the smaller guy
Fury is 6’9” .
These ain’t your grandfather‘s heavyweights.

Reaction Score
What happens when you put a 20 year old Mike Tyson in the ring with Fury or even Wilder? I’m a boxing fan and I have one good friend left who still follows it. We both think these current heavyweights are just far too big for some of the past greats to handle. Still, I’m not sure their skill and speed is the same. I just can’t decide what I think.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What happens when you put a 20 year old Mike Tyson in the ring with Fury or even Wilder? I’m a boxing fan and I have one good friend left who still follows it. We both think these current heavyweights are just far too big for some of the past greats to handle. Still, I’m not sure their skill and speed is the same. I just can’t decide what I think.

Tyson would get destroyed by either guy. Their heads and chins are so far up those brutal Tyson uppercuts losing their power.

You really needed someone with conditioning like Ali in his prime. The Rope a dope against Foreman is the strategy to employ.

Reaction Score
Tyson would get destroyed by either guy. Their heads and chins are so far up those brutal Tyson uppercuts losing their power.

You really needed someone with conditioning like Ali in his prime. The Rope a dope against Foreman is the strategy to employ.

Tyson in his prime destroys both these guys. His speed and power he would have cut them down like trees with body blows and hit their heads right off when they dropped down. He also would get inside to mitigate their size and power

Reaction Score
True.tyson would have gone inside and punished the body.his uppercuts were devastating knocking many out,he did his work from inside .Andre ward,Marciano,had similar styles.

Reaction Score
What a weak excuse. His costume was too heavy and took away his legs.

Yikes, I like the guy but he needs to stop this. Fury is just a far better boxer than him and instead of outboxing him Fury mauled him from the opening bell and Wilder wasn't ready for any of it.

Worse than this excuse, he's throwing Mark Breland under the bus for saving him from himself.

Here is a cool angle that shows you what it's really like in the ring...

Michael "40lb. Suit" Montero on Twitter: "You don’t play boxing. #WilderFury2 #boxing #TysonFury #DeontayWilder #MonteroOnBoxing https://post original url/vW497fIvEY" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Usyk 6'2 220 nope .great skills no pop
lacks proven hw power but slick and skilled enough to have a chance to outpoint fury over 12 rounds
edit: and a southpaw

Reaction Score
Usyk is in line to fight A.j this fall.the winner takes on fury if fury beats Wilder in their 3rd fight this summer.It might be the end of the road for Wilder I think

Reaction Score
What a weak excuse. His costume was too heavy and took away his legs.

Lmao designed for black history month? What in the hell??

and your legs are dead after walking around with 40# on you for a few minutes? What a freaking loser lmao chicks half his size carry more every day, for hours, in the military

Acting like he never put it on before fight night

Last edited:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
There is not an active HW that will beat the version of Fury we saw Saturday. He has always been the most skilled technical heavyweight and great defensively, but lacked that starch. He had that pop on Saturday. Usyk may match him with boxing skills but does not carry the pop to get rid of him. Joshua is too stiff and Fury will just dance around and pepper him for 12 rounds easily.

Wilder firing Breland is an emotional move and he should rethink it. The ref was stopping the fight the same time the towel came in. If Breland had not thrown in it the ref was calling it, maybe an early stoppage from the ref but Wilder was done.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I just can’t to today’s heavyweight boxing serious. I view it as a dinosaur on life support.

Reaction Score
The heavyweight division hasnt been this intriguing in over a decade imo, since before Kitschkos reign. Talent at the top is (relatively) evenly matched, most are native english speakers, and have interesting personalities/backstories. There are good fights to be made, whether they happen is another story, entirely.
Btw, jerell "big baby" miller, a top 10 heavyweight, is a former UConn football commit.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Fury is quite unstable mentally. After he defeated Klitchko it took him nearly 3 years to return back into the ring. You never know if all of a sudden he will just retire or take another break.

Reaction Score
Heavyweight boxing is not dying.it just shifted to Europe and has become more popular there.the best American heavies are playing in the NFL.a true fan of boxing can enjoy the landscape as it is now regardless of nationality.the heavier divisions are just as strong now as ever before with new superheavies about to arrive.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Lmao designed for black history month? What in the hell??

and your legs are dead after walking around with 40# on you for a few minutes? What a freaking loser lmao chicks half his size carry more every day, for hours, in the military

Acting like he never put it on before fight night
The excuse is super weak but remember he's trying to gear himself up mentally to step back in the ring with Fury in a few months. You need to erase as much doubt in your mind as possible to go into the ring as confident as possible (and with as little fear as possible). I view excuses for losses in fight sports a little differently than other sports just based on the nature of what it takes mentally to even get into the ring or the cage and the physical/mental implications of a loss.

Reaction Score
He's looking to cash out.whats he supposed to say,I got beat badly 2x in a row and I'm doing it again.a 3rd fight won't be ppv worthy.They will be rolling out excuses till june

Reaction Score
The excuse is super weak but remember he's trying to gear himself up mentally to step back in the ring with Fury in a few months. You need to erase as much doubt in your mind as possible to go into the ring as confident as possible (and with as little fear as possible). I view excuses for losses in fight sports a little differently than other sports just based on the nature of what it takes mentally to even get into the ring or the cage and the physical/mental implications of a loss.
Yeah but this is just an abject lie he’s telling himself. Blaming his corner for throwing it too early is one thing, blaming your trainer is one thing. Blaming gaining 19 pounds or whatever was claimed slowing you down is one thing. Blaming a 40 pound suit is asinine. Your legs got taken out because you took a huge shot to the ear; because you’re not a boxer and got outclassed

Reaction Score
The obvious point is that boxing (and MMA) is the only this sport in which the object of the sport is to sent your opponent to the hospital.

A couple of years ago I went to go watch Heather Hardy fight at Mohegan - a friend of mine knows her pretty well - we were all supposed to go to Michael Jordans after the fight - like 15 of us.

Needless to say my wife and I went to dinner alone as Heather went to the hospital with her people... brutal sport.

Reaction Score
I hear you but firing Breland for saving him from himself is a bad look no matter how u slice it.

Reaction Score
A couple of years ago I went to go watch Heather Hardy fight at Mohegan - a friend of mine knows her pretty well - we were all supposed to go to Michael Jordans after the fight - like 15 of us.

Needless to say my wife and I went to dinner alone as Heather went to the hospital with her people... brutal sport.

She got busted recently for PEDs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom