Fury v. Wilder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fury v. Wilder

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In retrospect, Wilder’s decision not to learn to box seems to have cost him here.

Still, I thought he had a better night than Joe Tessitore who I now officially despise.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, Wilder’s decision not to learn to box seems to have cost him here.

Still, I thought he had a better night than Joe Tessitore who I now officially despise.
Tessitore is brutal. Still laughing about him calling DK Metcalf "Decaf" Metcalf on Monday Night Football. Him and Booger are dreadful.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Tyson Fury and his victory karaoke of "Bye bye Miss American Pie" can EAD.

Reaction Score
amazingly entertaining... but a bit cringeworthy watching a sport that routinely sends the loser to hospital for evaluation

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tessitore is brutal. Still laughing about him calling DK Metcalf "Decaf" Metcalf on Monday Night Football. Him and Booger are dreadful.

I am a serial apologist for announcers - I will defend Booger if you let me.

But I hate Tessitore.

He’s fit for nothing but pro wrestling or cattle auctions.

Don’t know if you watched tonight, but he actually called the ring walks as if they were actually culturally significant events. He’s just so gross.

Reaction Score
I am a serial apologist for announcers - I will defend Booger if you let me.

But I hate Tessitore.

He’s fit for nothing but pro wrestling or cattle auctions.

Don’t know if you watched tonight, but he actually called the ring walks as if they were actually culturally significant events. He’s just so gross.
You nailed it. He would be perfect for wrestling. He is so phony over the top. It almost seems like a parody act.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wilder had no balance due to ear and was gassed

I think his ear had an external cut which would not have affected his balance.

Reaction Score
Entertaining Fight. Once the eardrum got busted, that was it for wilder. Now he has to learn how to box moving forward. I’ll definitely be excited for a rematch. Jail broken firestick worked amazingly. Ok back to bed fellas, was up till 3 last night.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Entertaining Fight. Once the eardrum got busted, that was it for wilder. Now he has to learn how to box moving forward. I’ll definitely be excited for a rematch. Jail broken firestick worked amazingly. Ok back to bed fellas, was up till 3 last night.

His eardrum was not busted.

His ear was cut and needed a couple of stitches.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
So same outcome for a rematch ? I hope a fight with Joshua could be made in 2021.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I know Wilder will call for the rematch but it is not needed, Fury won 16 of the 19 rounds they fought, easily too. Wilder landed 5 punches amounting to 2 knockdowns over that span. Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and has been for quite some time. That is to take nothing away from Wilder who is great for boxing and has proven he will take any test.

Reaction Score
His eardrum was not busted.

His ear was cut and needed a couple of stitches.
Ok. Either way , that shot to the ear started his downhill trend last night. Wilders blood was everywhere.

Reaction Score
I know Wilder will call for the rematch but it is not needed, Fury won 16 of the 19 rounds they fought, easily too. Wilder landed 5 punches amounting to 2 knockdowns over that span. Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and has been for quite some time. That is to take nothing away from Wilder who is great for boxing and has proven he will take any test.
Wilder will love the payday (as will Fury) but as you point out he'll want nothing to do with the rematch. Fury in his current form is something else and in a sense he's just scatching the surface because of all the time he was away from the sport. With his mammoth size, skill, awkwardness, and smarts I think he would fare extremely well in any generation of heavyweight. His movement is that of a 6'2 215 guy and then you realize he's 6'9 and can fight at anywhere from 250 lbs. to 285 with no slowing down whatsover. He's a uniquely good talent.

Reaction Score
Just a great night for the sport. Great champion level performance and the winner and loser handle themselves like champions.
Watch ""What a fighter you are!" This is what Wilder & Fury said to each other in the ring after the fight" on YouTube

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom