Fun Fact on Carlton | The Boneyard

Fun Fact on Carlton

Reaction Score
We bench Carlton when we are struggling in games. He is the nominal starter, so in games where we were not encountering difficulties, we went with our normal non-conf rotation.

He is obviously also much more likely to get foul trouble against tough opponents.

This is causation with no correlation.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We bench Carlton when we are struggling in games. He is the nominal starter, so in games where we were not encountering difficulties, we went with our normal non-conf rotation.

He is obviously also much more likely to get foul trouble except tough opponents.

This is causation with no correlation.

Carlton picks up at least a foul a game because a guard whiffs on defense and Carlton has to help. This gets him "behind the sticks" with his fouls, and it is hard to catch up.

The 4 guard lineup is silly. Gaffney and Adams are fine as subs, but they are playing twice the minutes that Carlton is playing, and that is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
In league play: 87.9 ORtg

In the 3 wins he played 20+ min, he averaged 7 points. Are you attributing those wins to him? I don't understand the point of this post. There's a reason he's not playing 20+ minutes anymore.
You undertand the point of the post. Nodody has an agenda quite like Nelson on this board. Carlton=good Hurley=bad.

Reaction Score
Not matter how you slice it Carlton is under productive. He's 6' 11'' but he doesn't want to dunk, he'd rather try layups. He is easily the worst free throw shooter on the team so he can't be on the floor at the end of close games. He hasn't done nearly enough with minutes he's gotten this year.

He has a good game and then disappears the next 2. I don't think we can rely on him to be our starting center next year.

Reaction Score
Carlton - of all the players we regularly use - might be our actual, worst player. I'm not even sure it's close. His ORtg is in the toilet.

Reaction Score
In league play:

Carlton plays 20+ minutes: 3-2
Carlton plays under 20 minutes: 2-6
Great analysis Skip

In the 3 wins he played 20+ min, he averaged 7 points. Are you attributing those wins to him? I don't understand the point of this post. There's a reason he's not playing 20+ minutes anymore.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Carlton picks up at least a foul a game because a guard whiffs on defense and Carlton has to help. This gets him "behind the sticks" with his fouls, and it is hard to catch up.

The 4 guard lineup is silly. Gaffney and Adams are fine as subs, but they are playing twice the minutes that Carlton is playing, and that is ridiculous.
Gaffney has been a much better offensive player than Carlton, he should be playing three times his minutes.

Reaction Score

Last night for sure. Adams playing 20 more than Carlton was whacked.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People's issue with Carlton comes down to they don't like the way he looks when he plays. Carlton's game is not aesthically pleasing enough for some of the posters here.

I like how wins look. But that's just me.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe but Josh is in the top 10 in the conference in Rebounds, Blocks, and fg%

Reaction Score

When you see no point to a post, try not responding. Or do you just it because it's nelson???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom