OT: - Fun Day Trip in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Fun Day Trip in CT

Reaction Score
My girlfriend and I are both in our early 50's. A month ago she had emergency surgery for a perforated intestine. It is a long, slow recovery but thus far she is progressing nicely.

She is finally at the point where a fun day out is possible, as long as it's not strenuous. I am thinking lunch and something that would take 2 to 3 hours to do would be good. We live in Glastonbury and Burlington, so nearly anything in CT is within an hour or so from one of our houses.

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Weather permitting - downtown Mystic. You could grab lunch at a place like S&P Oyster and ice cream right across the bridge. Also take the small taxi boat tour of the harbor or you could check out the seaport.

Reaction Score
Have you been to White Flower Farm? Beautiful place, especially this time of year (also weather permitting). There are a few cool little lunch places nearby.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been trying to schedule a trip to Philip Johnson's Glass House in New Canaan this summer. Looks very cool, and they have a few different types of tours of varying duration between 1 and 3 hours, which is right in your sweet spot. There are obviously a ton of great food choices down in that area for lunch.

Reaction Score
Dinosaur State Park in Rocky Hill is always a good time

Reaction Score
Weather permitting - downtown Mystic. You could grab lunch at a place like S&P Oyster and ice cream right across the bridge. Also take the small taxi boat tour of the harbor or you could check out the seaport.

Definitely would recommend Mystic and the two spots mentioned. S&P is very good with a nice patio to eat/people watch...

Reaction Score
Lunch on the Essex train is a good way to get out and see the landscape without being strenuous. Also, second Elizabeth Garden. Gillette castle if you've never been.

Reaction Score
Wow, it took Deepster nearly 3 hours to chime in with some version of "the entire state of CT sucks and there's nothing worthwhile to do here". He's slacking . . .

Reaction Score
How about the Harriet Beecher Stowe house...or the Old State House. Or I guess, any of the boring spots everyone has suggested so far.

Maybe you can give them a walking tour of Hartford.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As for an actual suggestion, a trip to Stony Creek and a boat tour around the Thimble islands works and isn't too taxing physically.
Combined with a lobster roll and chowder from Lobster Shack and then a stroll over to Stony Creek Brewing for a few pops.

Reaction Score
Wow, it took Deepster nearly 3 hours to chime in with some version of "the entire state of CT sucks and there's nothing worthwhile to do here". He's slacking . . .

Hey, don't mind me. I'm on my way to White Flower Farm right now. That sounded like so much fun, I took the rest of the day off and headed right over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom