Fuller: Taking a look at UConn's 2015-2016 Schedule | The Boneyard

Fuller: Taking a look at UConn's 2015-2016 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So far it's Stanford, Notre Dame at home; DePaul, UCLA and South Carolina on the road. Reports last week said UConn would play at UT-Chatanooga (Jim Foster) and is working on starting a series with Louisville.

UConn is trying to arrange a homecoming game for Breanna Stewart. Syracuse would make the most sense but apparently are not interested. That's too bad. Colgate and Cornell are other options.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/08/taking-look-at-uconns-2015-16-schedule.html

Reaction Score
Syracuse isn't interested..... Figures..... that is worthy of a thread in and of itself......

I am excited about just this short list..... especially ND I think they are the other bell cow on the ranch..... others may step up but I never put stock in frosh until they prove themselves..... but we all know Muffet knows her hoops..... and has the horses to go at it.....

Reaction Score
So far it's Stanford, Notre Dame at home; DePaul, UCLA and South Carolina on the road. Reports last week said UConn would play at UT-Chatanooga (Jim Foster) and is working on starting a series with Louisville.

UConn is trying to arrange a homecoming game for Breanna Stewart. Syracuse would make the most sense but apparently are not interested. That's too bad. Colgate and Cornell are other options.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/08/taking-look-at-uconns-2015-16-schedule.html
Didn't Geno and Jim Foster try to avoid playing each other?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's what I thought too. Not sure what changed, or if our understanding of their not wanting to play each other was just an urban legend...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Alot of talk about how good UConn will be this season. Well ND Stanford Duke MD Baylor all lost alot and really didnt replace them. SCarolina still has a good roster but as a team I dont see them doing much against UConn. UConn lost alot and has replacements plus KML and Stewart who I think could both score almost at will. This season even in Kiah gets in foul trouble who can stop UConn? A healthy Morgan Tuck is important to really dominate but I dont see a team who can stop UConn let alone Breanna and KML. UConn should go undefeated again and I dont really see any threats.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
That's what I thought too. Not sure what changed, or if our understanding of their not wanting to play each other was just an urban legend...
Perhaps, with Jim now at a less-prominent D 1 program, he could use the attendance/attention/support. At Vandy & OSU, the downside of the loss may have outweighed the upside in Jim's view?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno and Muffet helping a friend:

Last fall at a Chattanooga Quarterback Club luncheon, UTC women’s basketball coach Jim Foster promised to host nationally-ranked teams in McKenzie Arena in upcoming years.

The hall of fame coach has kept his promise in spades.

For this season, the Mocs host Tennessee (November) and Stanford (Dec. 17) and travel to Notre Dame, while the Irish and two-time defending NCAA champion UConn come calling during the first half of the 2015-16 season.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2014/8/...re.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Reaction Score
Last fall at a Chattanooga Quarterback Club luncheon, UTC women’s basketball coach Jim Foster promised to host nationally-ranked teams in McKenzie Arena in upcoming years. The hall of fame coach has kept his promise in spades.

For this season, the Mocs host Tennessee (November) and Stanford (Dec. 17) and travel to Notre Dame, while the Irish and two-time defending NCAA champion UConn come calling during the first half of the 2015-16 season.

Awesome sked. Will surely help ticket sales and recruiting.

Reaction Score
I'm inclined to think that this talk of their upcoming schedule is probably for 2014-2015 rather than the above mentioned 2015-2016, right? I know they sometimes start planning potential games well ahead of time in order to insure getting dates with certain opponents but we are talking, in this case, the upcoming season, aren't we???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Perhaps, with Jim now at a less-prominent D 1 program, he could use the attendance/attention/support. At Vandy & OSU, the downside of the loss may have outweighed the upside in Jim's view?
Geno is bringing the UConn gals to Tn probably as a favor, f or a friend.
Dangerfield.

Reaction Score
I'm inclined to think that this talk of their upcoming schedule is probably for 2014-2015 rather than the above mentioned 2015-2016, right? I know they sometimes start planning potential games well ahead of time in order to insure getting dates with certain opponents but we are talking, in this case, the upcoming season, aren't we???
I guess it is pertaining to the 2015-2016 season, after all. My bad, for assuming that is was this season's schedule that was being bandied about!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Buzzyboy said:
I guess it is pertaining to the 2015-2016 season, after all. My bad, for assuming that is was this season's schedule that was being bandied about!

The article seems to be mixing apples and oranges, then, because it talks about how teams aren't "lining up" to play KML (and Stewie), and this is KML's last year....

Reaction Score

This is fantastic! I just moved to Atlanta, but Chattanooga's just short trip. Nice to see I'll still be able to get some of my UConn fix down south.

Reaction Score
Also Crystal Dangerfield's peeps in Murphreesboro could drive an hour and a half down I-24 to see her play ;)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This is fantastic! I just moved to Atlanta, but Chattanooga's just short trip. Nice to see I'll still be able to get some of my UConn fix down south.

Indeed, the proximity between the Atlanta area and Tennessee was what made Maya Moore's commitment to UConn such a sore point for Pat. She wasn't going to have Geno recruiting in her backyard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom