Full Schedule Released | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Full Schedule Released

Reaction Score
Last big OOC opponent at Gampel was Ohio State in 2015.

Since then, this has been the non-conference slate on campus:

North Florida
Northeastern
Wagner
Coppin State
Columbia
Colgate
Manhattan
UMass-Lowell
UMKC
Morehead State

Gampel season ticket holders deserve Florida this season.

Reaction Score

North Florida
Northeastern
Wagner
Coppin State
Columbia
Colgate
Manhattan
UMass-Lowell
UMKC
Morehead State

That’s terrible.

Reaction Score

let me preface this by saying i recognize we were stuck in limbo this year with the big east transition...

when it comes to these cupcakes, not only are we losing valuable ticket revenue, we are straight up flushing over a half million down the toilet, and for what? how does a win against a 200+ net ranked team benefit us in any way?

i get that Duke has 6-8 buy games per year but they have money to burn.

even starting next year when we play 20 conference games, why should we ever have more than 4 buy games on the schedule? (2 at Gampel 2 at XL)

the other 7 games should be dedicated to: 1) early season tourneys; 2) the two big east conference challenges; 3) H&Hs with high majors like memphis and florida; and 4) P5 teams that will play us in football.

so by my calculation we are still missing 3 quality OOC games in 20-21.

what's the worst that could happen? we end up with another 1 or 2 Quadrant One losses? season tickets would be sold out! fans want to see this schedule, players want to play this schedule, coaches want to coach this schedule!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In order to keep you guessing in hopes you'll buy season tickets for both arenas?
Probably but by this point I think most people who are going to buy have already.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
That's great you're a good fan, but reality is, people aren't exactly packing 'em in for UNH and St. Peter's.

If there's interest in maximizing revenue, the decision's a super easy one. 15,000 > 10,100. More central, more seats, everything.

Would love to see some actual good non conference games in Gampel again. But they're not on this schedule. The home schedule's actually pretty awful, and I kind of feel bad for people who shelled out for season tickets this year, especially if you're venue-specific.

But they've got a lot of money to pay out this year for misc. other things and not a single draw game on the OOC schedule. Other than a kick back to the students, which'd be nice; there's literally zero sane reason to hold it at Gampel.
Doesn't it depend on what UConn has to pay for rent in Hartford and what if any cut they get from the concessions?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Doesn't it depend on what UConn has to pay for rent in Hartford and what if any cut they get from the concessions?

They get no cut from the concessions. Nobody does. All goes to the CRDA.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
As lousy as this schedule is, I have no regrets about rejoining the season ticket base. The fact that we are back in the BE in 2020 trumps all of this. This is the last year that this should be a problem

C

Chief00

North Florida
Northeastern
Wagner
Coppin State
Columbia
Colgate
Manhattan
UMass-Lowell
UMKC
Morehead State

The even bigger problem has been the terrible home OOC schedule in both buildings. You look at these names and you get one of the answers why attendance has fallen.

C

Chief00

They get no cut from the concessions. Nobody does. All goes to the CRDA.
They got to get out of this former political hack association. Guess where the money goes?

Reaction Score
April 2019 Rankings of the 2020 OOC Schedule
OPPONENTNETKENPOM
Buffalo1822
Villanova2830
Florida3026
Indiana5652
Xavier6465
UConn9198
St. Joseph's171189
NJIT179183
Iona207198
Sacred Heart241240
Towson261291
St. Peter's318316
Maine335338
New Hampshire345345
How is this a weak OOC when by Jan 18th we’re playing 5 OOC opponents ranked higher than us? I know next year will be stronger but based on the team we have this is plenty challenging I truly think. For those who want a big time OOC, do they mind that we don’t have a freaking BACKUP center?

Reaction Score
For those who want a big time OOC, do they mind that we don’t have a freaking BACKUP center?

i'd much rather watch us lose to nova by 15 than beat st. peters by 30

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They got to get out of this former political hack association. Guess where the money goes?

It wouldn't be half as bad if the CRDA were any good at it. Every facility they run is a disaster.

Reaction Score

North Florida
Northeastern
Wagner
Coppin State
Columbia
Colgate
Manhattan
UMass-Lowell
UMKC
Morehead State

Florida is at Gampel this year.

Also we were supposed to start a home and home with Butler this year @Butler but that was squashed when we joined the BE.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m no expert here, but this schedule seems very weak and boring.
I get what you are saying. Sure, IF they were coming off a S16 or E8 run and heading into this year with tons of potential that would seem like a disappointing schedule. For sure. But, I mean, they have struggled a great deal the past three seasons. Considering that fact, I am kind of okay with that schedule. Starting with a year or two in advance, I don't think we'll be able to say the same thing. I give them a pass for that schedule for this year, which isn't THAT bad, again, for this coming year.

Reaction Score
Florida is at Gampel this year.

Also we were supposed to start a home and home with Butler this year @Butler but that was squashed when we joined the BE.
Hopefully this is true.

The Butler part makes sense but I would have thought it would have been Providence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom