Full Schedule Released | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Full Schedule Released

Reaction Score
My hope is we don't sweat this heading forward, but holy smokes does this home slate absolutely suck. I can't believe someone didn't sit Hurley down and say 'look, we love your Dad, too but jesus. St. Peter's?' Like get SOMEONE on there. You mean to tell me a B1G dreg or ACC slag wasn't up for a trip up here? Or a Nevada or Gonzaga or anyone worthwhile out of state? Anyone?

The flip side of my argument would be that they've already lit so much money on fire putting a crap home schedule together, that what's another $200k more?

Luckily they got UConn back in the Big East but I do agree that there are way to many cupcakes on this schedule. The AAC has gotten better, but way too many games against opponents people do not care about since no one will be excited about AAC home games except Memphis, Houston, Cincy, and Wichita State.

Reaction Score
I have XL only but that game needs to be a gampel. Students are future season ticket holders. Give them the top 10 opponent on campus.
When they put the football stadium in EH they said screw you to the students. The future season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
November

Friday, 8 – Sacred Heart

Wednesday, 13 – St. Joseph's (Charleston Classic, unbracketed game)

Sunday, 17 – Florida

Thursday, 21 – vs. Buffalo (at Charleston Classic)

Friday, 22 – vs. Xavier/Towson (at Charleston Classic)

Sunday, 24 – vs. TBD (at Charleston Classic)

Saturday, 30 – Maine

December

Wednesday, Dec. 4 -- Iona

Tuesday, 10 – vs. Indiana (at Jimmy V Classic, MSG)

Wednesday, 18 – St. Peter's

Sunday, 22 – New Hampshire

Sunday, 29 – NJIT

January

18 – at Villanova
This schedule will do nothing for our SOS

Reaction Score
@Towney007 to defend them I think they got caught in between. They were waiting to see how the Big East thing shook out before finalizing some things with some teams. And it makes sense. Starting next year they have 20 conference games locked in. They want to be in the Gavitt games and the Big 12 challenge that first year. So from a scheduling standpoint that is 4 extra games (2 conference, 2 challenges) that would take away from the normal OOC. Now it does not appear they have a 3 day tournament scheduled like we do this year, but do we have the return game to Florida. And it sounds like they will have Memphis on the schedule next year, most likely at home with the start of a 2 year agreement.

My point is this schedule is not what it will look like going forward. But they didn't want to overload it this year with the return games next year when they have the 20 conference games, a potential Big 10 game, a Big 12 game, Florida, and now Memphis.

Yeah, that all makes sense, I suppose. I heard through the grapevine they had Providence or Seton Hall all lined up then the Big East thing sorta blew that off the tracks. I'm just surprised they didn't get on it a little earlier. Hindsight is 20.20 right? But I'm surprised they weren't fishing around to add an A-10 team or ACC dregg that people might show up for.

Reaction Score
I know they had Providence lined up for a 4 game series.

If the tradeoff is a crappy OOC for the Big East future, no one is going to argue.

Hopefully we get nice matchups for Gavitt games and Big 12 challenge next year. I'm sure FOX will want that.

Reaction Score

If the tradeoff is a crappy OOC for the Big East future, no one is going to argue.

Hopefully we get nice matchups for Gavitt games and Big 12 challenge next year. I'm sure FOX will want that.

Yeah my only beef is that I get losing a bigger game or two.

But how the heck do you end up with St Peters, Maine, UNH and Iona on the same schedule *at home*. Yikes!

I mean is Wake Forest or St Bonnie's really in demand that much?

Reaction Score

Dreaming of beating Kansas in Gampel in primetime to announce our return

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Better go 11-2, 10-3 at worst if we want an at large bid.

Reaction Score
St Joseph’s? A not very good A10 team?

No, the bracketed games. A win over Buffalo likely gives them Xavier.

If the bracket plays out with Florida playing Miami, would the loser of that game play the loser of the potential UConn/Xavier game?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, the bracketed games. A win over Buffalo likely gives them Xavier.

If the bracket plays out with Florida playing Miami, would the loser of that game play the loser of the UConn/Xavier game?
Yes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A most horrible OOC home schedule
Season ticket holders be damned
Why these Sunday games??????? One Saturday game vs Maine!!!!
Totally out of the blue and ridiculous in the winter
Man these season tickets are getting out of hand cost wise and interest wise
Time to pass them on to the son..............................

C

Chief00

A most horrible OOC home schedule
Season ticket holders be damned
Why these Sunday games??????? One Saturday game vs Maine!!!!
Totally out of the blue and ridiculous in the winter
Man these season tickets are getting out of hand cost wise and interest wise
Time to pass them on to the son.....
Couldn’t agree more. They are not making sound business decisions. Somebody needs to get fired. Chief doesn’t usually say that - but this is beyond incompetent.
Is the Wolfpack kicking us out of the XL Saturday slot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more. They are not making sound business decisions. Somebody needs to get fired. Chief doesn’t usually say that - but this is beyond incompetent.
It’s all based on TV

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Yes.

The state pays the highest affiliate fee in the AHL for the privilege.

Reaction Score
I don't think our OCS schedule will hurt us too much. I think the overall OCS is pretty decent. Indiana, Florida (possibly twice), Xavier, St Joseph's, Villanova - that's all great.

Where the schedule is bad is that only one of those games is here. I've been saying it - i'm all for lighting money on fire to get out of the AAC and enter the Big East and then just settle up with Ollie. But SOMEONE has to pretend like money is an actual thing over there. Running that kind of deficit is bananas and now you're in a year with a whole bunch of other financial issues laid out on top of it - and this is what they came up with?

They just did this huge season ticket drive and the thanks everyone gets is a game vs. Maine on one Saturday? WTF? And look, I hear people the coaches getting caught out in between on Providence; but is this schedule really that much better with them on it? Like this home schedule is atrocious from a box office perspective. Maybe the worst one i've ever seen.

And what's even crazier is that you've got a few games in conference worth it this year: Memphis, Houston, Cincinnati, maybe Wichita. So if you're a Gampel ticket holder, you could get Houston, Wichita and then absolutely no one worth watching, whatsoever. No one. I'm not trying to be hysterical here - but but there's legitimately five home games really worth going to this year that I could confidently say will do 8,000+. They're going to take a total bath this year.

On top of it, it doesn't really cover any of the issues Hurley addressed last year - not enough big road trips early, etc. And some of the teams on this list are so bad they're not worth even playing. Half the home slate is against teams in the 300's in RPI. Then we're going to have Tulane, East Carolina and company tacked onto the back end, too. That's four games against Tulane and East Carolina, then Sacred Heart, Iona, Maine, St Peter's, New Hampshire and NJIT. That's ten games total against nobody and then HALF your home slate against not just bad teams - but absolute dreggs. UCF is going to be bad this year. Total rebuild for them. SMU has been sanctioned into oblivion again so they'll suck. Temple's got a new coach so they'll be down and Tulsa's perpetual mediocrity.

So if you're playing 17 home games, that stinks that 12 of them or so are against the worst teams you play. And not to be petulant, but stop talking about the Florida game being in Gampel and wanting energy when they're scheduling NJIT. It's gonna be like watching games in a hospital.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom