Fudd | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Fudd

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wait, I am confused, are you saying Iowa won't even make the NCAAT or win a title? Iowa will make the NCAAT all 4/5 years that she's at Iowa, doubtful she makes it to the Elite 8 never mind a Final Four or a title game. :)
You're right. In that weak Big 10 (small 14?) she may make the tourney. Sweet 16? I don't think so. E8? I'll take that bet. FF? In Iowa's wildest dreams. Championship? Not a chance.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You're right. In that weak Big 10 (small 14?) she may make the tourney. Sweet 16? I don't think so. E8? I'll take that bet. FF? In Iowa's wildest dreams. Championship? Not a chance.
Elite 8 is ever so slight but then again look at some of the teams that have made it over the past few years. While the Big 10 Elite are not up to snuff with UConn, Baylor, SC or Louisville/NC State, the depth of the Big 10 is better than probably all but the PAC12. Again, none of the Big 10 is really a top 8 team (with Maryland always over rated) but the top 8 teams all could make a case for 9-22 rankings.
Just sayin... :rolleyes::eek:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
After Caitlin Clark misses out on making the NCAA's for four years get back to me on that.
Not sure what prompted the sharp turn to Iowa, but I'm sure that few predicted in 2015 that the Hawkeyes would be an Elite 8 team four years later, led by a NPOY candidate who had been ranked #80 by ESPN coming out of high school.

Many did predict after that season's losses to graduation that Iowa might miss the tournament in 2020. Instead, all they did was earn a likely #4 seed. And this time they were led by a different B10 player of the year who'd ranked only #97 coming out of high school.

Given how they've been making a mockery of the expectations the last couple seasons, I'm sure the Hawkeye faithful and Caitlin alike are quite fine with your calling them DOA.

Reaction Score
As has been pointed out to me, UCLA WBB did win a national championship back in the old AIAW days. But if Azzi really wants a challenge, she could go to East Carolina, Pepperdine or perhaps SW Missouri St.

Yes, my next post (which you read) acknowledged UCLA's AIAW championship! You also have clearly missed my point about a challenge for Fudd. As was post in another thread here, UCLA has already signed three top ranked international players, so your attempt at comparing them to the likes of East Carolina, Pepperdine or perhaps SW Missouri St. is utterly ridiculous.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure what prompted the sharp turn to Iowa, but I'm sure that few predicted in 2015 that the Hawkeyes would be an Elite 8 team four years later, led by a NPOY candidate who had been ranked #80 by ESPN coming out of high school.

Many did predict after that season's losses to graduation that Iowa might miss the tournament in 2020. Instead, all they did was earn a likely #4 seed. And this time they were led by a different B10 player of the year who'd ranked only #97 coming out of high school.

Given how they've been making a mockery of the expectations the last couple seasons, I'm sure the Hawkeye faithful and Caitlin alike are quite fine with your calling them DOA.
While her name is not mentioned in the same sentence with the likes of Geno, Tara, Kim, Dawn, Vic and others, Lisa Bluder is an outstanding WBB Coach, who consistently takes second tier recruits and builds them into tough, competitive teams. IMO Bluder is the most underrated coach in WBB.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, my next post (which you read) acknowledged UCLA's AIAW championship! You also have clearly missed my point about a challenge for Fudd. As was post in another thread here, UCLA has already signed three top ranked international players, so your attempt at comparing them to the likes of East Carolina, Pepperdine or perhaps SW Missouri St. is utterly ridiculous.
Perhaps it wasn’t clear to you that my reference to playing at 3 lesser schools was said in jest. Here is my point. There is no college in the country that would challenge Azzi like UConn. Geno and his staff have always been committed to relentlessly pushing players to achieve their potential, something that has been born out over 30+ seasons.

Cori Close has done a good job at UCLA. But her track record of developing players pales in comparison to Geno, and even if Azzi ends up in Westwood, I don’t see a championship in UCLA’s future.

Reaction Score
Perhaps it wasn’t clear to you that my reference to playing at 3 lesser schools was said in jest. Here is my point. There is no college in the country that would challenge Azzi like UConn. Geno and his staff have always been committed to relentlessly pushing players to achieve their potential, something that has been born out over 30+ seasons.

Cori Close has done a good job at UCLA. But her track record of developing players pales in comparison to Geno, and even if Azzi ends up in Westwood, I don’t see a championship in UCLA’s future.

When people write something in "jest", it is more than appropriate to use a smilie face. Otherwise words are generally taken as written. Please don't misunderstand my position, I want every outstanding player to come to UConn including Fudd. However, I can certainly understand why she might decide on UCLA. As you've alluded, Cori Close is a good coach and I just think she needs more talented players to gain more respect. No one is better than Geno ... past, present or future. But, as previously stated, UCLA has signed three reportedly highly rated international players and with Fudd they could be a force to be reckon with. No one can say with any validity whether a championship is in UCLA's future or not. Just like it seemed impossible that out of the last four years UConn would not win a NC. Last year's team was a dud, but I strongly believed the Huskies would win at least two based on the talent and experience. Things just don't always work out as one assumes.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Pales not only to Geno.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
....and even if Azzi ends up in Westwood, I don’t see a championship in UCLA’s future.
Be care as “LA” seems to be on a roll with winning championships- LA Lakers, LA Dodgers and wait for it...ucLA :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Be care as “LA” seems to be on a roll with winning championships- LA Lakers, LA Dodgers and wait for it...ucLA :rolleyes:

And the Sparks............................. oh wait................................................. never mind. :(

Reaction Score
FB9905DE-4AFA-4278-9596-6F41036FF1E0.jpeg
3ED9E831-294D-4409-81C2-122E20196A89.jpeg

I think all of her close friends will be soon and at UConn already!!!! Finger that she bleeds the right BLUE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom