Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since it’s Azzi she should get her own thread:
5FDE606D-2915-4FBB-B1A9-817103F80ED6.jpeg

18777C83-D09F-45D3-8205-D274FB9CB48A.jpeg

Reaction Score
UCLA, according to one of my former players is like visiting a heavenly place. True, she did have a sister in LA, but went there and did well on the court and professionally (non sports).
They had a famous coach in those years, but a rather weak program.
UConn is the place for this young lady, but if she wants to be THE star, well??? She will do much better in basketball and life by going to Geno....who knows, she could be his last big one. The weather is against the Huskies, but it is the right place for her. I have seen her on video many times, and she could be the topper for more NC's. Azzi, if you read this, as a former coach, guidance counsellor, father, and grandfather, UConn should be your home for 4 years. The education is great and the coaches are by far, the best. They will turn you into whatever you aspire...............go with Geno!

Reaction Score
If true it would be the first time in a while that a top recruit has let a sports media announce her finalists. And what a contrast, one player is making her first actual list of schools a month before signing time while another is announcing her intention to announce her 13 schools. I agree with the poster who says let 'em have some fun.

I remember UConn or N Dame, UConn or Stanford, UConn or Duke, et al but this is the first time for it coming down to UConn or UCLA.

Reaction Score
The fact that this "news" is not a quote or has a second source verification leaves me highly suspect of this "news".

The quote follows the information and implies that that quote of it being a tough decision to make was said in regards to the information she must've given the reporter that she is down to UCLA and UConn. If this was not the case, then the reporter is trying to be outright deceptive in reporting this in my honest opinion knowing that 1000s of people will be reading and talking about this and that if inaccurate would make her a terrible reporter. Hope she chooses UCLA but going up against UConn is always a tough one.

Reaction Score
Decent wbb program, but they really haven't ever done anything. Conference titles, Final 4s, Championships, none of that. Wouldn't you agree it's surprising they made her final 2, given EVERYBODY was after her?

Maybe she wants to lead them to that. UCLA is great school I don't know why multiple times in this thread you feel the need to put them down. Recruiting is a 2 way street maybe they outworked other schools or just did better job? Should she consider schools that have better record but maybe did not communicate with her as well or do a good job selling her on their school? Maybe she should consult with nwhoopfan who knows more about what is good for her future than herself?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe she wants to lead them to that. UCLA is great school I don't know why multiple times in this thread you feel the need to put them down. Recruiting is a 2 way street maybe they outworked other schools or just did better job? Should she consider schools that have better record but maybe did not communicate with her as well or do a good job selling her on their school? Maybe she should consult with nwhoopfan who knows more about what is good for her future than herself?

Huge overreaction on your part. I'm simply surprised. What is hard to understand about that?

Reaction Score
Huge overreaction on your part. I'm simply surprised. What is hard to understand about that?

Well when you first responded with an emoji with a question mark and exclamation point it comes off as sort of mocking and petty. In general you seem to question recruits a lot if they don't pick the best team out there relative to their options, which is completely subjective and factors in more than just basketball which you fail to account for.

Reaction Score
Needless to say, this would be the biggest recruit, possibly in UCLA WBB history. I believe the last time they had a #1 recruit was Kaz and we sadly know how that turned out. The last big ones that had were down to UCLA/UConn were Taurasi and Nikki Blue.

Reaction Score
That means that she made up her mind for UConn just so that she can shut down all the rest. She is going to come here so that she can progress to the WNBA and a professional career. Look at Crystal Dangerfield: Rookie of the Year. Where else can she (Azzi) get that kind of training and development?

Reaction Score
Now let me tell you what is going to happen. Azzi is going to set down with her mother and father and they are going to discuss what she is looking for academically, socially, culturally and and basketball wise. She is going to ask them their opinion as what they feel she should do and why. After this discussion she is going to weigh her options and do what she feels is in the best interests of both her and her parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom