Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
exciting news if true.................UCLA certainly does have a lot going for it...................really strong academics, great campus and neighborhood, fantastic weather..................that said if her decision is 50% or more based on a future playing basketball there really is only one decision and it sure isn't UCLA...........

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Say what you want about any school UConn is the cream of the crop in WCBB It doesnt get any better then UConn UConn is established as the program in WCBB. I think she comes to UConn and if she doesnt good luck to her I like our chances alot

Reaction Score
2 days ago Ne already knew Azzi pull up to only 2 already ?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
From a geographic perspective, Azzi will either end up playing with her BFF, or playing just about as far away as possible from Paige.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If she has Hollywood aspirations, UCLA would be the place to be. Is the whole family wanting to go Hollywood?

Swimming pools, movie stars.......
I live in Los Angeles, and I can tell you without a doubt, GO TO UCONN!! ;)

All joking aside, I'm a small town guy. LIved in San Diego for 25+ years before moving to LA, and SD is where I will retire to. LA is too big, too spread out, and flat out not nice enough. Sure there is Beverly Hills and Hollywood, Santa Monica and all the beach communities, etc., but those places are not affordable for me.

SD on the other hand, has everything I could ever want within about 10-15 minutes of my house there - downtown, the Zoo, Morley Field and dog park, lots of shops and restaurants, Mission Valley (the football stadium etc.,), movies, etc. etc...

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
UCLA is an interesting program. They were 26-5 in the tough PAC 12 last year.

No ESPN top 100 recruits for 2020 and only one for 2021, Darius, rated 26, a guard from New Jersey; BUT three very highly rated current freshman, 2020 recruits, from overseas. Potter and Antsey from Australia and Bessoir from Germany. Lots of size there, Bessoir and Antsey both listed at 6’4”.

Onyenwere is a Senior and their best player, so she will be gone. Charisma Osborne is a good player at guard and will be a Sophomore this year.

So she would be a big fish, obviously anywhere she goes, but the pond at UCLA is potentially not all that small. There looks to be some talent to take the floor with.

I think that UConn should be the clear favorite. Paige, Geno, Championship banners. Two straight WNBA rookies of the year. Stewie and Bird. Lots, lots more. But who knows how young minds work and what ultimately sways them one way or the other.

I guess we will find out soon. Hopefully at least. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
CHANTILLY, Va. -- She was one of the hottest basketball prospects in the country last year. Today, Azzi Fudd is still living up to the hype.
"It’s incredible because a few years ago I never thought I would get this good," Fudd told WUSA9 last October. "You don’t just see that so thinking about what my future looks like...I’ve have no idea what it holds, but I hope its something good like being a starter at the University of Connecticut."

from 2018 but we can still hope,

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CHANTILLY, Va. -- She was one of the hottest basketball prospects in the country last year. Today, Azzi Fudd is still living up to the hype.
"It’s incredible because a few years ago I never thought I would get this good," Fudd told WUSA9 last October. "You don’t just see that so thinking about what my future looks like...I’ve have no idea what it holds, but I hope its something good like being a starter at the University of Connecticut."

from 2018 but we can still hope,
I had never seen that. Azzi can be a starter at UConn. Maybe as a freshman, maybe not until later, but she will get major playing time. The first time I saw her play, I immediately thought about 3,036, Maya's career scoring record. Azzi puts the ball in the hoop better than anyone I've ever seen.

I love what Carla says about Azzi as a person. I want her to be part of the UConn family, more because of who she is as a person than what she does on the court. She's a sweetheart and role model.

Reaction Score
The fact that UCLA is in the final 2 with Uconn shows that they have something special to offer to Fudd, totally unexpected by the fan base of both schools I am sure. I would give them at least an even chance of landing Fudd. This would be one of the biggest coups in recruiting in a long time.
50%

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I live in Los Angeles, and I can tell you without a doubt, GO TO UCONN!! ;)

All joking aside, I'm a small town guy. LIved in San Diego for 25+ years before moving to LA, and SD is where I will retire to. LA is too big, too spread out, and flat out not nice enough. Sure there is Beverly Hills and Hollywood, Santa Monica and all the beach communities, etc., but those places are not affordable for me.

SD on the other hand, has everything I could ever want within about 10-15 minutes of my house there - downtown, the Zoo, Morley Field and dog park, lots of shops and restaurants, Mission Valley (the football stadium etc.,), movies, etc. etc...
LOL! San Diego a small town. It’s not even a small city. I can’t wait to retire and get to a place with less than 1% of the population of San Diego.

I’ve been there several times, and for a huge, sprawling city, I agree, it’s quite nice.

Reaction Score
That’s a weird choice. Did Close coach her for USA basketball or something? Or does she a family member or best friend on the staff or team? That’s just weird for me. I would’ve UConn, Maryland, Notre Dame, Duke, Stanford would be her top choices. But UCLA?

Reaction Score
Beautiful campus and location.
And you are under-selling it. They have a lot going for them. That place is beautiful the entire school year. But, it isn't the Capital of College Basketball.

Reaction Score
I think as long as the recruit is upfront and honest with all of the schools that were recruiting her whom are no longer in contention, then it doesn't matter who reports finalists. That's just my opinion, Fudd seems like a classy gal, she followed back all of the college coaches who followed her on Twitter - even the low majors.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wonder if her prior relationship with Kobe influenced her towards UCLA. Is Kobe's WBB organization still up and running and does Azzi believe its her calling to carry on Kobe's wishes for WBB and become an integral part of Mamba Sports Academy? I thought Duke would be in her final mix with Kara prior involvement with USA Basketball.

Don't know how huge of an advantage this is, but if she chooses UCLA its her program and IMO there's no doubt she'll be able to recruit the Elite Basketball Players to join her. Many of them are from California.

Reaction Score
Wherever she chooses I'll respect her decision because she'll make a difference at either program regardless. Im pretty sure though Cori Close is doing whatever she can to hopefully sway Azzi her way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UCLA is a beautiful campus. I have to say though UConn has its moments, especially in autumn.

1601908095783.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member