FSU Postgame Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

FSU Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Someone please tell Dorka she is allowed to jump so she stops having her shots blocked !
One of the blocks was because the pass she received was waist high. I did notice that she carries the ball around her waist when driving to the basket instead of taking advantage of her height. All in all I thought she had a very good game playing with an injury not fully healed.

Reaction Score
What bench would that be? Ines turned her ankle in practice and Amari left the court limping last game. Ayanna seemed somewhat overwhelmed in the minutes she did play. Aubrey appeared to hurt her hand during the game but still played 17 minutes.
I was at the game and can tell you that I saw Aubrey rubbing her knee a few times while on the bench. She had a slight limp which was perceptible such as you might have if you knocked knees with someone else. She was not comfortable for sure. The game was a bit rough and I imagine the whirlpool will get plenty of use today.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Excellent analysis on the critical juncture of the game. UConn was ready to blow FSU completely out were it not for the substitutions that you mentioned. I know CD probably felt she needed to spell Dorka because of her prolonged absence, but it was a bit too soon and Aubrey and Ayanna did not transition the momentum that UConn had built --in fact the substitutions terribly stalled us... I agree with your assessment of Aubrey--she seemed for some strange reason, "lost". She hasn't looked this way this season previously...
The lost Aubrey is the normal Aubrey going back to her freshman year. When she has a good game is when she is playing outside of the team concept. That includes defense she is best freelancing.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I was at the game and can tell you that I saw Aubrey rubbing her knee a few times while on the bench. She had a slight limp which was perceptible such as you might have if you knocked knees with someone else. She was not comfortable for sure. The game was a bit rough and I imagine the whirlpool will get plenty of use today.
She was also shaking her hand when she got up after a fall. She was also holding her wrist while on the bench.

Reaction Score
Oh, yeah, and speaking of bizarre -- How about that flop by (IIRC) Latson when Nika picked up her dribble near the sideline? Latson was called for a foul and then shot her head back after a little body contact. I don't think I've seen anyone from Notre Dame do anything that obvious.
Sly players, those Irish! I hear one gets a very good education in South Bend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom