FSU 34, Rutgers 16 at the half | The Boneyard

FSU 34, Rutgers 16 at the half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yup, that is right. First q score was 19-4!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The final score was FSu 65-43. It will be interesting to see how UConn does against FSU on Dec. 11. I think UConn is selling discounted $15 tickets for that game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Romero is back and playing well. A good PG is crucial to competing with UConn.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Terrible game. Any question of the result was answered in the first quarter.

I will say - Florida State appeared to flop a bit. One of the few fouls they showed again was where the Rutgers player hit the shooters hand after the ball had left - still a foul - however, the shooter flew like four feet backwards like she had been body slammed (and no, there was no other contact than the hand touch). Sans the flopping, I think at least 2 of the 7 or 8 fouls rung up early might not have been called.

I have no answer for Rutgers - inconsistent is the word. I more and more am convinced this is Viv's last year, and as much as I like her - and don't think the game has passed her by - I think maybe the time has come. Our reportedly best freshman recruit, incidentally, was injured in / after the first game and isn't back yet.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Terrible game. Any question of the result was answered in the first quarter.

I will say - Florida State appeared to flop a bit. One of the few fouls they showed again was where the Rutgers player hit the shooters hand after the ball had left - still a foul - however, the shooter flew like four feet backwards like she had been body slammed (and no, there was no other contact than the hand touch). Sans the flopping, I think at least 2 of the 7 or 8 fouls rung up early might not have been called.

I have no answer for Rutgers - inconsistent is the word. I more and more am convinced this is Viv's last year, and as much as I like her - and don't think the game has passed her by - I think maybe the time has come. Our reportedly best freshman recruit, incidentally, was injured in / after the first game and isn't back yet.
Was going to ask you about Rutgers - a few years ago it appeared they had resurrected the program and were headed for good things, but last year had to be a disappointment, and things aren't looking great early this year.
I don't think the game has 'passed her by' but she was always an offensively challenged coach. What I have sensed in the little I have seen, is that perhaps the fire is burning a little less strongly than it did say ten years ago and maybe she is having a harder time adapting to changes in the HS player attitudes/skills development. (Or maybe she just doesn't give a ___ about the more 'coddled' nature of today's college athletes! :eek::cool:)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
RU has top 25 talent on their team. But they were blown out by Seton Hall by almost 30, and lost to St. John's by 7. I'm not sure what's going on this year - starters of Copper, Hollivay, Scaife, Butts, and Canty, and it's not like they are a young team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom