From Blauds: Michigan closing in on Manuel as AD | Page 13 | The Boneyard

From Blauds: Michigan closing in on Manuel as AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have the actual dates been announced? Last day at UConn / first at Michigan?
About 20 minutes. Suzy with her right hand Rachel Rubin and advisor Tranghese are running the show.

Update from Suzy's email: March official Michigan start date; transition now to Rachel Rubin '77 as Interim AD - she's Suzy's Chief of Staff, her CR-point person, and Executive Secretary to the BOT.

Last edited:

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
From what I've read, I can get on board with either. Both have their pluses and minuses (Scapegoat or not, Pernetti has scandal in his past. Frazier is no spring chicken and has a small school background), so I'm curious who the search firm turns up as well.

Also, interested to see how this is spun tonight by the talking heads during the basketball game.

unless I am missing something he is in his late 40's early 50's I would say that makes him quite a spring chicken to be running an athletic department....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
unless I am missing something he is in his late 40's early 50's I would say that makes him quite a spring chicken to be running an athletic department....
I was going off a picture I saw recently. Could be just a bad pic or a case akin to President of the United States, where stresses of the job age the person double the time they are in office.

Reaction Score
When football experience playing with Bama and later being Wisky's top Assistant AD for football, hockey, and whatever else are considered small school-ish by a few, please dear B1G God grant us small school. Thank you Jim Delany for a small school referral and really B1G invitation.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Have the actual dates been announced? Last day at UConn / first at Michigan? I'd figure it would transition quickly but was just curious.
March. So I'm guessing probably March 1st.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This worked out well. Warde wasn't terrible, but he had some major stumbles. I don't think he was the guy to get UConn to the promised land, but he could be very useful to UConn as an ally in the Big 10.

Reaction Score
Half of conference realignment is personal relationships. UConn now has a solid ally in an "anchor program" in our dream conference. One could reasonably argue Manuel may be able to do more to help UConn at Michigan than he could while he was AD at UConn. Either way, Manuel was a solid AD who improved UConn while he was here. He deserves our thanks and gratitude. UConn may not be where it wants to be yet but who knows how far behind we'd be if it was not for Herbst and Manuel efforts.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Warde Manuel said in his press conference at Michigan that UConn deserves to be in a P5 Conference. Thank you, Warde.
I'm pretty sure he said that before, right before the ACC added UL.

Reaction Score
Entirely different situation. He said it in front of Michigan officials and a Michigan crowd, while being introduced for another job. He didn't have to do that.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You can't tell what the difference is in those two scenarios?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This worked out well. Warde wasn't terrible, but he had some major stumbles. I don't think he was the guy to get UConn to the promised land, but he could be very useful to UConn as an ally in the Big 10.

There is no one person who is "the guy" (or "the gal") with the power to force an athletic conference to add UConn. I know you want that to be true, heck I wish it were true too. But it's slightly more complex than that. Control what you can control. Warde did that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is no one person who is "the guy" (or "the gal") with the power to force an athletic conference to add UConn. I know you want that to be true, heck I wish it were true too. But it's slightly more complex than that. Control what you can control. Warde did that.

CR was not his only problem. The basketball team looks the way it does because of Manuel. The kids we should have recruited during Calhoun's final/Ollie's first season would be juniors and seniors now. Instead, we have sophomores and transfers who are still learning to play together.

pj

Reaction Score
Frazier is also following @Dooley for some reason.

Some are born Twitter leaders, some achieve Twitter leadership, and others have Twitter leadership thrust upon them. I don't know which group @Dooley is in, but clearly Frazier knows who to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom